CKEY: Phonkgod

Admin’s CKEY: bloons3

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: both

Ban Type: Game ban

Ban Length: 4 Hours

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 24/06/2020

Round ID: 15959

Ban Reason: image

Appeal Reason: This was a grudge ban. I was arrested by a cyborg and I said I’ll kill every single borg I see in a later shift, but I was speaking in IC terms as an antagonistic character - I did not say ‘metagrudge’ and I did not say ‘round’ or anything like that. I was roleplaying as a disgruntled traitor who’d just been caught, like a “drat, I’ll get you darn kids next time!” type deal, which seems perfectly sensible to me. I had no plans to break the rules on metagaming and he could have waited until literally the next round to see if I actually planned on ‘metagrudging every borg’ as I apparently said I would. Is it even physically possible to metagrudge every single silicon? I don’t think so. It was hyperbole, so it doesn’t really matter.

Bloons already doesn’t like me. I asked him in ghost chat in the prior round why he broke the appeal rules to post on my other thread, and then he immediately seizes upon an opportunity to ban me and ruin my traitor round even though I didn’t actually break a single LRP (or even MRP, really) rule. Notice the snide language in the ban message (‘byeeeeeeee’ XD) and the way he immediately blocked me when I’m about to ask about the ban on Discord.

I just want to add that admins are not obligated to answer you on discord. And i am pretty sure Bloons just forgot to block his server DMS.

It’s a little frustrating to be left with such a confrontational ban message though, when I could have just as easily explained myself. Why does everything my character says have to be a reflection of my OOC mindset/intent? It feels like I got banned for roleplaying on a roleplay server, and I could have just as easily clarified this to him without making an appeal if he didn’t immediately block me.

This will be a good reference…
Threatening to meta grudge amounts to nothing according to this post.

Also, “byeeeeeee”… man gets on high horse on spessmen game.

2 Likes

And I didn’t even say the word ‘metagrudge’, it was literally just an in universe response to getting detained. I’m probably gonna be unbanned by the time this is settled but I wouldn’t mind getting some compensation for losing what was looking to be a promising traitor round (~40 tc as a contractor)

I don’t accept discord DM’s from players on Beestation. Admin stuff needs to be handled in public on the forums or discord to avoid the appearance of favoritism.

Then why leave me with the hilarious ban message? Couldn’t you have at least cleared the air a little instead of making me feel like I’m just getting shat on? Cmon, man.

[2020-06-23 22:55:12.268] SAY: Phonkgod/(Bradley Jewell) “i'm killing” (Robotics Lab (172, 122, 2))
[2020-06-23 22:55:14.839] SAY: Phonkgod/(Bradley Jewell) “every ■■■■■■ borg I see” (Starboard Primary Hallway (159, 130, 2))
[2020-06-23 22:55:18.099] SAY: Phonkgod/(Bradley Jewell) “next shift” (Central Primary Hallway (131, 130, 2))

Actually you’re right.
It was an IC jest, and I’ll be removing this ban and the note that it generated.
I apologize for banning you.

1 Like

Any chance I can get an antag token since you cut my contractor round short?