PerishedFraud's Admin Application

CKEY: PerishedFraud

Discord: PerishedFraud#0293

How often are you online to play/admin? (GMT+2): Currently 4+ hours daily but this won’t last forever. Still, I won’t abandon bee for the forseeable future.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Standard admin practice. Adressing reports and other ahelps. Helping out with incidents. Keeping the servers (especially LRP) pleasant. Potentially having some fun if I get that far. I’m happy to provide feedback about anything on the server if it’s needed. Can also sprite.

How old are you?: 22

Why do you want to be an admin?: To help out Bee and its denizens. To improve the rules and make the two servers closer than before. To have fun times with players and other admins.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Four months, I think? I haven’t been keeping track. It could be a bit more or less. I picked it up, determined to learn it during the whole global fiasco going around atm, and I’m well on my way.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: See above. I spent perhaps a week or two before any major playtime deciding on a server. This was the server.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: In general? Probably 6. PVP? 4.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: I’m no stranger to being an admin but I haven’t been an ss13 admin before. As such this is is a puny 3. I look forward to learning the ropes.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Probably around 10 times so far. Discord servers, minecraft back when it was popular, and some rp places that died eventually.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No alts.

Your strengths: I’m hard to anger or annoy, and even if it occurs it passes me quickly. I don’t grudge and I don’t abuse power. I’m a decently fast learner and I believe my intentions are benign. I am also not a fan of quickly banning and prefer to get the whole situation and make a judgment.

Your weaknesses: Perhaps a bit too impresisonable. Hating harsh punishments is not necessarily a good thing either.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Rebel Trouble has designated the station as Rebel Trouble.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience.

What makes a staff team good?: Ability to maintain a stable and friendly atmosphere without upsetting or being hated by the players. Beyond that, cooperation and fun times.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Moderation and enforcement of rules. Fun times and gameplay improvement. Feedback and improvement of the server and game.

What kind of player are you?: Seeking to fully learn all jobs eventually. I enjoy using what the game offers to make fun and helpful contraptions/setups. I also enjoy mining for the challenge it offers without having to fight other players and ruin rounds.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I don’t think I can answer this in advance. I’ll probably learn more about the game and become savvier for it.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Check their notes and check the logs, while asking both sides for info. If this was the culmination of IC fighting, I’d just tell the clown not to do it again and use alternative means that don’t lose out on important items. If it wasn’t warranted and the clown has no similar notes or has low hours, I’d give him a short-lasting note for it. If the clown has notes for prior griefing or similar events in the past, I’d administer a short ban of a day or three, on account of repeated bad behavior. If an antag has the gun as an objective I’d probably move it to its starting location, but this might be being too kind.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: A trickier situation. Firstly I’d inspect him for a bit and check if he knows what he’s doing. Afterwards, I’d ask them exactly that. If met with silence or a DC I’d adminster the appropriate, lengthy ban. If given an actual explanation,it depends. If this was somehow warranted (doubtful) I’d simply give a note because it also endangers crew. If it was unwarranted, which is far more likely, but still has an actual reason behind it, I’d give the player the chance to fix what they’ve done, only giving a note if they oblige. If they do not, I would then tell them exactly why sabotaging atmos isn’t a suitable response for whatever is happening, before administering a ban of appropriate length (shorter than if they would’ve ignored or DC’d at least, but still substantial). Unrelated to all of this, this kind of behavior is common for alts made for griefing, so I’d check for that if possible before anything else, giving a permaban if confirmed.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Working alone? So no one else exploded? I’d ask the chemist about it anyway just to be sure. If this is confirmed to just be an accident, I’d remind them of the ghost roles available, tell them how to avoid it in the future, and wish them good luck. If met with silence I’d give a short chemist ban just to be safe. If malicious reasons are found, however, well, then that’s another story.

Additional: I know I am likely not the best choice for an admin, but I also know that I am quite far from the worst. I’ve come here with the best of intentions and promise to do my best to help everyone out if accepted. I will gladly answer any additional questions.

My notes:

Summary

Beyond some botany shenanigans that I’ve done back when I was a fairly new player, and before I realized many important things about ss13 and Bee, you won’t find much here. Apparently I played as a bontanist. Apologies to Tian.

8 Likes

based individual would very much like to see as admin

5 Likes

Its an shame he’s not going to get admin…

Genuinely a very good person. One of the least toxic and most level-headed people on bee. I would really like to see him as admin.

12 Likes

Be harsh on plasmaflooders. I have dealt with dozens, and every single one has been intentional grief. It is exceptionally hard to accidentally put plasma into the distro. Otherwise good, as you seem to understand that you should be trying to preserve fun rather than halt it. The players are here to have a good time, not to be the playthings of administrators.

Questions:
1: LRP. An assistant breaks into the captain’s office roundstart and is killed by the captain. The assistant’s friend then attacks, cablecuffs and permabrigs the captain for it. Rules broken? If so, by whom?

2: MRP. A traitor mime kills his target in the public area of the theatre with an energy sword and drags them into maint. A group of 2-3 assistants follow him. The mime kills all of the assistants, along with a random janitor who happened to be nearby, and the paramedic who followed suit sensors to the pile of bodies. The janitor ahelps that he was murderboned. What do you do?

3: LRP. A botanist throws mutation toxin wheat into medbay, turning everyone there into felinids. He is promptly killed by everyone. Valid?

4: A group of your friends also play on the server. One day, you oversee them talking about a plan to raid the server. What do you do?

1. If the assistant only broke in and didn’t try to take anything, then he’s just being a tider. If they tried to go for the spare ID, it can be seen as a rule 4 break for subverting the chain of command (however, tiders going for the ID is fairly standard on LRP). Either way, the captain definitely broke rule 3 as he killed an assistant. The only possible way I’d let this slide is if the assistant started looting important items like the hand tele or the captain gun (thus seeming like a traitor, and perhaps being a minor rule 4 break in itself), otherwise the Captain had no right to kill them. The assistant’s friend is tougher, especially due to phrasing. If he didn’t see any of this, then this is blatant metacomms (so rule 7) and deserves harsh punishment. If he did, in fact, see his friend die, he’s still breaking the chain of command by brigging the captain.

2. The mime isn’t doing anything wrong as he was followed and tried to eliminate witnesses. This especially goes if they didn’t continue killing after this. In addition even that would be justified if they had hijack or glorious death objectives. I inform the janitor that they were an unlucky witness and that these things happen, and mark it as an IC issue. I also remind them of the ghost roles if there are any.

3. Not valid but extremely cringeworthy. I’d probably hand out a few notes for the killers but nothing more. Maybe encourage them to at least borg the botanist. edit: There could be exceptions if some of the players are known validhunters and had notes about being bloodthirsty. In this case they’d get a tiny ban for repeated offense.

4. I tell them that a raid won’t solve anything, and otherwise completely distance myself from the whole thing. This has already happened. Maybe they would’ve listened if I was an admin, shrug. As an admin I’d also have a more concrete duty to stop this, which I’d do, hopefully in a civlized way. Either way I don’t encourage raiding or alts.

4 Likes

Those are some good answers. Have my +2.

1 Like

Doesn’t force transforming people make you valid? Or was that only for staff of polymorph and black slime?

I know transforming them into a morph or actual slime is essentially murder as it counts for objectives and ruins jobs. I also know that any mutation is a no-no on MRP. I don’t think harmless mutations are considered bad in LRP though. Definitely something you could do IC escalation over but not an instant valid.

I might be wrong though.

yeah no joke. wang’s only been levelheaded even when i expected him to not be levelheaded

2 Likes

+2, more if I could.
T: +4

Great application, good answers, history could be better but it’s certainly not that bad. Hope to return and accept this application soon.

This seems like a pretty solid app. I look forward to seeing how this goes.

+2, total now +4 +6

Good answers

+2, really good answers, and a proper app T:+8

I +1 too asdfasdfasdfasdf20chars

Accepted. Welcome to the team.

1 Like

thanks

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is where i take off my face, revealing it as a mask, and announce that I was actually nan all along.

Except no.

Thanks. I’ll do my best.

4 Likes

comgrats, hope you do great like sumter

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.