Penwin noted by Fighterslam for validhunting

Title: Penwin noted by Fighterslam

CKEY: Penwin

Admin’s CKEY: Fighterslam

Ban Type: Note

Ban Length: Note

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/): 2021-11-26 22:27:22

Round ID: 34320

Ban Reason: Validhunting - as an unarmed, un-shielded engineer, went after someone simply because they saw them walk by with glowing red eyes, admitted to it in adminhelp.

Appeal Reason: I do not believe the incident warranted a note.

• PreambIe and Announcement of Cult: was, as the note states playing an engineer that round, AI inmediatly announces are security force consists of just two security officers and thus being really limited (this comes into play later on) I do my stuff, set up the SM and such when Cult gets called out by a stammering Security Officer over comms who goes silent shortly after, I presume our already short-staffed security team is suffering losses and not faring very well.

• First run in with Cultists: Im done setting up the SM, im in maintenance when I hear sounds of fighting coming through dorms, shortly after Kandence and Sparky come through from that direction, acting suspiciously, I voice my concern over comms and when the maintenance room below holodeck doesnt give me access through the door I see Kandence with blood-red eyes followed closely by Sparky, I promptly run away and once again call over comms with absolutely no response, I assume security is devastated and start heading to the Brig to get Deputized.

• The Actual Incident: After running out of SM Maints near dorms and Reaching the main hallway I spot a Lizard Debtor with unnatural glowing-red eyes I once again call it out over comms with no response, It is at this point where with other people around I assault the Debtor in question and attempt to subdue him with some cable cuffs I made on the spot, I am unable to and the fight eventually moves into the gulag shuttle, in front of the brig, I once again try to call for help this time infront of the Brig doors, to no avail, I shove the Lizard into the gulag shuttle and tell the AI to bolt him in, It is at this point I finally find a security officer and get him to conduct the arrest, It is as the Officer is arresting the Debtor when I recive the first admin PM

Additional Information: I belive I acted within reason during this round, not at any point using lethals or harming the one Cultist I found and giving the fight over to a seccie as soon as one was available, the Admin Bwoinking me mentioned that “Evidently Security has it well under hand” from what I had seen and my personnal experience it was not the case and Cult got Halos shortly after this message.

This note is for validhunting I did not go out of my way to hunt valids across the station and only acted when one was right next to me, I could have fought the ones I saw in maints, but I didnt.

1 Like

The fact is, you admitted to going after them simply because they had red eyes - you had no other IC reasoning within the ticket to put yourself in danger, and at the time Security had the situation handled.

Notes exist as a form of documentation, not as punishment. This is simply to make note of your behavior so we can make better judgements in the future if something were to happen again.

I’m going to ask for another admin’s opinion on this before closing this.

2 Likes

Notes are documentation that you were talked about for this behavior.

No further comment is necessary.

Appeal denied for aforementioned reasons. You had no roleplay reason for your actions.

1 Like