Paraplegic Powergaming

Got this admin remark which I find a bit comical

2021-11-22 22:34:32 | bs_sage | Fighterslam
Powergaming, failure to roleplay. As the Captain, started going around with their SWAT suit and Antique Laser Gun for no IC reason on green alert.

One thing that he left out is I took the paraplegic trait. the one that means people can click you off your chair and render you unable to fight. the one that makes you move at a quarter the speed of everyone else. This is what is known as powergaming I guess. I pick up the 2 items at the beginning of the round so if for example a nuke operative tries to grab my disk, I stand a non-zero chance of winning an engagement. I have been doing cripple captain for a while and no other admins took issue with it (at least not enough to boink me)

2 Likes

fill out the format

and

" Preemptively donning a hardsuit or acquiring a gun “just in case” is also considered powergaming."

https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Rules

2 Likes

Bruh that’s like, definition powergaming

4 Likes

I didn’t put it in ban appeals for a reason. Its something funny that happened. I did technichally break rules so don’t really mind the warning. I just think its weird you can be considered a powergamer while taking a trait that quite literally cripples your character

1 Like

Actions are judged individually. Just because you decided to sac your legs for style points doesn’t really excuse the actions taken.

And uh, you’re still under the ban appeals category. I can move this to general if you want to clown correctly.

3 Likes

But you are in the ban appeals subcategory :thinking:

1 Like

You literally chose to be crippled.

3 Likes

Paraplegic is literally there to make the game harder if you want it. Just because you use it doesn’t mean you are exempt from the powergaming rule

1 Like

I coulda sworn i posted it in general. The reason i made the post was to see if I am crazy for having this opinion, and clearly most people think differently from me so I guess mission accomplished

1 Like

Post moved.

1 Like

7 Likes

Honk honk honk
:clown_face: :hocho:

Paraplegic on their way to validhunt all the antags(powergamer)

I for one am glad that this rulebreaking fuck has been removed.

2 Likes

Let’s just remove all the paraplegics.

Problem solved

2 Likes

Why has nobody removed this powergamer

1 Like

We’re waiting for the prosecution to hand over the evidence so we can present our defense case.

I have a positive outlook on this and I think the jury’s verdict will absolve me of all guilt.

It would be funny if the prosecutor aimed the said gun to the juries.

(speaking of jury, its funny how the host is an american but we dont use jury system, cant imagine how player report/ban appeals would go if we use it)

nothing would get done since you can’t isolate juries and their verdict has to be unanimous so there would be a lot of mistrials

1 Like

Weaknessgaming

1 Like

Powergaming expert here. Let’s see…

The simplest explanation I can offer is that it isn’t about power level at all. It’s about reasoning.

The legs are irrelevant as they are part of your character.

You have no reasoning to get a swat suit besides “I have to be prepared for antags”. It’s not about the suit making you a bigger threat, it’s about you having no true reason to take it. Not having working legs is not a compensation. They balance out your power but power is not important here.

Compare to miners/explorers. They can be seen in the middle of the shift with guns, heals, artifacts, etc. These are pretty strong, but they have an actual reason to have them, thanks to their jobs. Similarly, security has extremely powerful gear, because they’re security - they have a reason to have these items for their jobs of apprehending people.

TLDR - Even if you’re a fat nugget man, taking suits or weapons unless warranted is stupid. Likewise, even if you have combat traits, nanites and augments, you can still take a suit on alert.

5 Likes