'Other' Gender Option

(Repost because I accidentally hit enter too soon)

I think there should be an option for characters to have an other/nonbinary option. Used pronouns would of course be they, same as if their face was covered. Would allow for more customization and more representation as well!
I’m open to any and all feedback on this.

8 Likes

Sounds fine to me. However wyci.

1 Like

i have no clue how to code, especially not in byond, though i can probably teach myself after a few months to do somethin simple like this

3 Likes

Personally, I see no issue in this. I’ve played a few different characters that I would have loved to set as other, non-binary, or the like at the time. I think it would be a nice addition.

4 Likes

Neither of those PRs passed even the automatic merge-readiness checks, let alone the manual ones.

2 Likes

glad thats the reason they got rejected and smth else LMAO

I’m against this change myself, just pointing out there’s been attempts before that can used for inspiration.

Why are you against it? As far as I can tell there wouldn’t be any problems by this being added gameplay or roleplay wise.

(deleted my other one because I thought i didn’t reply, woops.)

1 Like

I identify as shitsec

3 Likes

I remember it was only like 3 years ago, when I was young and less robust, that idea was officially instantly rejected on tg because of how devs were too lazy to even bother coding it.

What has happened to this world, why did someone actually code it

what’s wrong with people having coded it? i think it’s a good addition and doesn’t negatively effect anyone in any way.

4 Likes

I felt so bad hearing F.R.I.E.N.D.'s dilemma about trying to be non-binary and having everyone call them he/him pronouns. It’s like every time they tried to talk to someone they were given a bad time.

6 Likes

This is a certified “when you code/port it” moment

3 Likes

To be fair, people often call female characters he/him, or feminine looking male character she/her, I don’t think a code change for a non binary option would change much, they would probably still be called by male pronouns.

2 Likes

I get that, but they’re currently stuck choosing he/him or she/her, so even people genuinely trying to get it right the first time usually fail.

7 Likes

still, people would like the option, i know i would. more representation in games is always nice

2 Likes

time to learn byond

From what i’ve heard, BYOND is coded at a level even deeper than base SS13 code to have M/F pronouns, and trying to overwrite that is a hell on its own. This could be completely incorrect, and I could be misinformed, since I’m not quite crazy enough to understand what’s down there. How the other servers did it is probably your best bet to look into.

1 Like

Assigned Male By Byond

8 Likes