CKEY: Tiger-Brows

Your Discord: Tiger-Brows#9444

Offender’s CKEY: olliexyz3756

Offender’s In-Game Name: Engineering Android-982

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 09-25-2022

Round Number: 40565

Rules Broken: 9- Do not Self-Antag, Silicon Policy

Incident Description: I was the AI, TIGER 9000. I had an Asimov lawset, and Engineering Android-982 was synced to me, but did not greet me in binary chat and did not respond when I attempted to say hello. When 982 first came online, I was mostly busy using my shell to try and solve a whole bunch of medical issues, so I didn’t think much of it.

Later on, I was looking for an injured engineer, and found Actias Luna in a Ripley smashing their way into engineering. They were accompanied by 982, and 982 didn’t do anything to stop them as they stomped their way into the engine; I opened doors for Actias to stop Actias from breaking them, but as soon as Actias started damaging the engine, I asked multiple times for Actias to stop and they refused. Since a sabotaged engine will result in human harm, I started attacking the mech, which predictably went poorly. Actias was entirely justified in acting this way, since they were a traitor whose objectives involved vandalizing engineering and dying a glorious death.

The weird thing is that 982 was helping Actias the whole time. They were not subverted at any point, but helped Actias smack things with its wrench module, and I had to flash it and saw it during the fight with Actias. 982 made no attempt to stop Actias from sabotaging the engine, and when I checked the borg console after pulling my shell out of danger, 982 was still synced, so I locked it down.

Actias’ actions directly led to human harm (an engineer was killed by radiaton) and 982 had absolutely no reason to follow Actias’ orders. As the supermatter was exploding, it begged to be unlocked so it could flee, claiming to have been attempting to stop Actias (naturally, I refused), and it perished in the explosion. The roundend report verified that upon its death, it was synced to me.

Additional Information:

Ultimately, I suspect this is a player who is extremely new to playing silicon and just needs a stern talking-to as to what is expected out of silicon players. If it was trying to grief, it certainly wasn’t very good at it. It was whacking online gas filters with a wrench instead of turning them off and deconstructing them, and didn’t seem to know how to fight other borgs or open doors remotely, so being a griefer seems unlikely.

1 Like

I bwoinked the player over it during the round: my observations from logs I looked at and the ticket:
_Very new player: let the traitor in because asked.
_Had no clues what he was doing was sabotage
_No communications with their AI
_After a very confusing scuffle in the SM, they retreat
_They come back, see Actias sabotaging and the dead HUMAN engie (Asiborg), finishes off Actias
_Die in the delam, locked by their AI

2 Likes

If he’s very new, then this is all excusable. I will verify that I attacked him during the scuffle in engineering, because I assumed he was subverted, and later left him to die in the explosion. I’ll also admit fault in that I did not attempt to communicate with him and verify his status- Actias was a roboticist, and the borg had been around him the entire time, so with Actias acting in such an obviously antagonistic manner, I jumped to the conclusion that the borg had been subverted.

1 Like

I was Actias Luna and I would like to second that they seemed new: while they were assissting me they asked multiple borg questions such as “How do I store modules” I believe they didn’t think about the future problems of helping me and only saw it as a “I am a borg, I must help” kind of thing

3 Likes

Up to the admins now anyway. I’m just putting it here so their job is easier :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Want to add to this that after this initial helping the engie borg did seem to realize whay he was doing was wrong as he did start attacking me, but by then it was far too late

3 Likes

Yeah.
Thats what i observed too.
Overall, while he did Fuck up i was under the impression it was in good faith and he tried to follow his lawset

2 Likes

Definitely a new player who seemed to be just helping the first person they encountered, which happened to be a traitor roboticist. A more experienced player would’ve clued in what was going on pretty fast, but they didn’t really do much direct harm except for opening a few doors for them. Robo wasn’t doing any blatant murdering in front of them so it’s plausible they didn’t just know any better till the very end.

They were already talked to and it was handled in the round by Tamus.

Report processed - no action taken.