*OFFICIAL* Nick Dorito Memorial Service Thread

This is the argument that resonates with me the most, loosing your characters reputation that you’ve been working on for a long ass time sucks and I can see that.

If I had to abandon the name “Luminous Silkworm” I would also be pissed.

However the issue is that when people wanting roleplay see the name “Dorito” it immediately damages immersion.

How about a compromise?

Change the name to Nick D____

You don’t have to loose everything, just modify the last name to fit standards. I’ll get a few examples.

Nick Dorminey
Nick Dorward
Nick Dorton
Nick Dorazio
Nick Doriot
Nick Dorry

All of these names should allow you to keep most of your reputation while still following our naming guidelines.

Also, its not just Hangy coming out of nowhere to do this. All of us admins pretty much agree that its time names come back into line. A vast majority of MRP players follow naming conventions and there are groups that make a solid attempt at roleplay. By removing the shitty names more people may be encouraged to roleplay since their immersion is not constantly damaged whenever they see this guy.

2 Likes

The name “Nick Dorito” violates our naming policy on MRP. Exemptions are not supposed to be granted, any that we’re are due to a miscommunication with the admin team. The name itself isn’t that bad, it’s more of the “broken window effect” where people see names like that and expect/act like Sage is an LRP server.

That said, this situation was handled extremely poorly. He should have been asked to change and have had the note updated, not a two-week appearance ban out of nowhere for a name he used for so long. A modification to the name to not reference a brand of present-day snack food would suffice.

1 Like

Thank you for admitting that this was handled horribly, i’m frankly not asking for much, just that you admit that the Nick case was a disaster and that it wasn’t Nick’s fault.

While i’m not quite on the same full A N G E R boat as DurrHurrDurr, it think they got a point. I think there’s no real way to respond now without making the community even angrier, choosing to persist will anger everyone, and choosing to come back on this stance will make you look as if you’re doing damage control. But there is one thing the community wouldn’t get upset at, and it’s an apology to Nick for this debacle, regardless of how you proceed.

I don’t want this huge pile of drama to keep festering and i doubt you do either, and actually talking to nick about this would help stuff move on. It’s the bare minimum.

1 Like

who the hell is this guy

Popular MRP player, recently banned because his name didn’t fit MRP, despite having it for over a year

This is turning from a memorial to a brawl. Say your goodbyes and fuck off.

5 Likes

you’ll never understand…

i do care about this a lot, like Durr has been saying this is a character i have been developing for over a year now, only for it to be completely shat on and handled horribly by the admins. I’m certainly upset about it especially since i don’t want to go to LRP which is neglected by the community and admins, and from what i see pop now hardly ever tops 30. I want to play on a populated server with lots of people, it makes it more fun which leads me to think i might just take Nick Dorito to another server that will accept me and can offer what i desire. Durr is just very passionate and i very much appreciate his support and his words and agree with him for the most part.

Once again, i don’t think asking simple questions is resisting. I felt like i was being disrespected from the very beginning of this whole thing, since the very first ticket from llol, so of course when I get shitted on like that, and banned by another admin, i’m going to open up tickets and complaints because there wasn’t any real communication from the staff to me, and for the most part the staff remained quiet the past 2 days of course there’s going to be drama.

Do i want there to be drama? Of course not, i hate drama especially when it involves me. I want to come home after a day of work and get on Beestation and unwind and have fun.

As Durr said, Nobody from the Admin team/Staff actually offered any sort of apology or anything in regards to how this situation was handled until it was being pointed out. Ruko reached out the night all this happened to simply collect more information but other than that nothing until it was pointed out.

It’s not much to ask to be treated with a bit of decency and to have some line of communication open. That’s where most of this anger is coming from now. But now there is actual communication happening and while this may not be the ideal thread for all this to happen on, perhaps Staff/Admins should take not from this whole debacle and try to communicate more with the community.

Like i’ve said before. There are great people on the server, fun people that made it fun for me every day to play. Don’t alienate them. I don’t care if this isn’t a democracy but who donates and keeps the servers alive and active? The community of course.

Anyways back on track my baby is dead they killed my boy

1 Like

Nick Doretto would work fine, since it’s an actual name.
Plus now he can make jokes about Brazil since that’s where the surname is prominent

1 Like

Set this thread to close soon, since it’s gone well past the originally intended purpose and has devolved into a toxic shouting match doing nothing for either side of the argument.

Nick is welcome to continue arguing their case in their appeal if they so choose.

I thought not. It’s not a story the admins would tell you. It’s a Beestation legend.

Nick Dorito was an amazing cool guy, so powerful and so wise he could use the plasma to influence the slime extract to create life… He had such a knowledge of the game that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of SS13 is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught the admins everything he knew, then they killed him in his sleep.

It’s ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

Cleaned the drama and bickering (and completely unrelated shitposts) out of the thread so that it serves as the monument to the well known and respected player, @NickDorito, like the thread was intended to.