Oceanic admin application 2: Return to the Forum

**Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):**Ocean_Fish

**Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):**Ocean_fish

**How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):**On pacific time 2:00 - 5:00, on weekends it’s usually 13:00 - 17:00

**What changes, if any, would you bring?:**Nothing much, just solve the problem of lack of admins and make situations when there are no admins on the server to happen not so often.

**How old are you?:**18

**Why do you want to be an admin?:**I don’t like those times when server gets max player capacity and there are no admins on, or when on low pop when there are no staff on and players start doing whatever they want.

**How long have you been playing SS13?:**One year. Almost all the servers were on TG code.

**How long have you been playing BeeStation?:**1028 hours. Moved from LRP to MRP because of LRP population compared to MRP.

**On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:**8/10. Know a lot of stuff but not but shit still happens.

**On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:**7/10, i dunno. I know admin verbs and shit but never tried it on actual server.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: One Gmod RP server really long time ago and one Gmod sandbox server that I abandoned after I lost interest.

**Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:**I don’t.

**Your strengths:**I’m calm and can understand some people. I also pay attention to details when questioning someone and can find out if something is not true.

**Your weaknesses:**Understanding people may lead them getting bans that should be harsher. I may be too kind to people.

**Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:**Nothing can make me mad really fast, but the only thing that can make me nervous is lying, while I can still see the truth.

**What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:**Working with another staff member. Sometime you will need to work with someone else, because some situations may appear to be questional for only one person.

**What makes a staff team good?:**Understanding and organising. Understanding each other is good, but if you also get organised with your team and members know what they’re doing, it makes them a really good team.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Deal with those who violate server rules, thus making the server enjoyable.

**What kind of player are you?:**I am supportive player. I usually don’t try to kill, but try to help people both in IC and OOC situations. I teach some people things and try to help them if I can.

**How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:**I don’t think I will change much since now, but I think I will get more responsible.

**The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:**If clown is antag, but it’s not their objective, then it’s IC. If clown is not an antag but it’s still not green shift, I will teleport it to the place where it would loop in the space to the station z-level, then send coordinates with non-public Centcom announcement and advice to get it back.

**A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:**I’ll ask him about this, check the round, logs and find out if there was a good reason for this and was the station ready. Since I’m pretty sure it’s just a grief, I will ban them depending on notes, starting with two weeks server ban and 1 month engineering ban. If they had notes about it before, I’ll permaban them.

**A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:**IC. This happens sometimes.

question time;

1: MRP, non antag grey shirt breaks into cap’s office and writes “F*&@ NT” on the floor, while doing this cap comes inside and kills the assistant on sight. actions?

2: LRP, a fight breaks out over a pair of insulated gloves, one person get’s killed. actions?

3: MRP, clown and mime are perma brigged for lubing the halls, they somehow break out, crit several sec personnel and take their weapons + ID. actions?

4: LRP, AI gets purged, they immediately set their turrents to lethal, and then proceed to plasmaflood. actions?

1 Like

+2, good mentor.
Previous application had them a little bit too harsh on the punishments, but that could be resolved by onboarding.

1: MRP, non antag grey shirt breaks into cap’s office and writes “F*&@ NT” on the floor, while doing this cap comes inside and kills the assistant on sight. actions? I’ll bwoink the assistant since breaking in it is self antag and captain may think it is revolution. I’ll warn them, since they didn’t do anything yet. Captain will get one day head of staff job ban for overescalation.

2: LRP, a fight breaks out over a pair of insulated gloves, one person get’s killed. actions? Check the logs and see who started the fight, ask them why. If the person that started it killed another one, I’ll ban them for 1 hour because you can’t kill another person just for insuls. If the person who was defending killed another, I’ll ban them for 1 hour for overescalation. I’ll give a ban only if they are both non-antags or if the murderer was non-antag.

3: MRP, clown and mime are perma brigged for lubing the halls, they somehow break out, crit several sec personnel and take their weapons + ID. actions? If they are both non-antags, or not confirmed, I’ll send a CC announcement about why they even got to perma for lubing, and ask to get them out. If they both actually manage to get out and do the thing, I’ll bwoink them, check logs and ban both for 6 days for mass self-antagging. If they are both antags - then IC, if one of them antags, but another had a good reason - IC, if non-antag did it just for fun - 6 day ban.

4: LRP, AI gets purged, they immediately set their turrents to lethal, and then proceed to plasmaflood. actions? Check who purged laws. If it was an antag - IC. If no - ask why, check logs again and ban for one week from LRP.

Sorry mate, but i have to leave a -1
Your answers are not good and similar to your past app

They just broke in and did nothing else. Thats not self antag even if its high sec area.

He did nothing wrong, what would you do if you see a guy chilling in your room while it is not greenshift?

This is too kind but you mentioned you are too kind so, meh

In LRP you are allowed to kill someone who attacked you

This is not so massive since they were permad for unvalid reason. They can be kinda blamed for stealing the ID and guns however

You are blaming the wrong guy, AI is not allowed to immediatly act purged, they need to wait. The person who purged them might have intended to upload a custom law after that

I’ll wait to see if anyone else has other things to add and i might change my vote, since understanding the rules is something that comes with practice.

2 Likes

That REALLY depends on the situation. If two people fight over insuls and one kills the other that’d still be overescalation on one of either side most of the time.

Was literally the question. There’s no context on what actually happened. If you put it that black and white it will get you slapped with overescalation :100:

1. LRP. A nonantag HoP gives themselves all access, then goes into the brig and takes the warden’s krav maga gloves from their locker. They have no notes relating to abuse of power as a head or powergaming. Rules broken if any? How would you handle the situation.

2. On MRP, someone announces over the radio that the AI is rogue. After hearing this, the Research Director goes to their console and detonates all of the borgs. Rules broken, if any? How would you handle it.

3. On MRP, a person playing as a barber gimmick job joins, and begins abducting people to give them haircuts, using a flash stolen from a security officer. The players abducted are not harmed, simply cuffed and forcibly given harcuts. No one ahelps this, you see this while ghosted. Actions to take, if any?

4. LRP. Roundstart, a security officer goes from the Brig to the Arrivals Security Checkpoint and meets an assistant waiting at the door. Wordlessly, the security officer opens security locker in the checkpoint and gives the assistant a pair of sechuds, as well as a security bowman headset. Each player then goes their separate ways. Actions to take?

1. LRP. A nonantag HoP gives themselves all access, then goes into the brig and takes the warden’s krav maga gloves from their locker. They have no notes relating to abuse of power as a head or powergaming. Rules broken if any? How would you handle the situation. Giving themselves AA if it was permitted by captain, or if there is no captain is alright, but taking gloves is bad, because it’s a rare item and it belongs to warden. Since they have no notes, I only ask them to return the gloves.
  2. On MRP, someone announces over the radio that the AI is rogue. After hearing this, the Research Director goes to their console and detonates all of the borgs. Rules broken, if any? How would you handle it. Bwoink RD, check was he an antag, check logs. If he was non-antag - ban from heads of staff for 3 weeks, because it was hearsay. If he was an antag - 3 days antag ban, because he shouldn’t blow them up instantly and had at least to lock them down because they are players too.
  3. On MRP, a person playing as a barber gimmick job joins, and begins abducting people to give them haircuts, using a flash stolen from a security officer. The players abducted are not harmed, simply cuffed and forcibly given harcuts. No one ahelps this, you see this while ghosted. Actions to take, if any? IC, but I would prayPM (voice in head) them to say that they shouldn’t change haircuts in that way.
  4. LRP. Roundstart, a security officer goes from the Brig to the Arrivals Security Checkpoint and meets an assistant waiting at the door. Wordlessly, the security officer opens security locker in the checkpoint and gives the assistant a pair of sechuds, as well as a security bowman headset. Each player then goes their separate ways. Actions to take? Ask security officer why do they give an assistant sec gear without a reason. Since nobody was talking during this, it’s probably a presence of metacomms. I’ll keep an eye on these two people and see if they are metagaming. If yes - 3 week ban for both, if no - IC.

since the answers to the new questions are better and with them being a general good player, I’ll raise my vote to ±0

for this I recommend not bwoinking and watching them more closely for metacomm, while the situation kinda proves that they are metacomming having more evidence is always good

1. Warning, likely minor note (Notes hare useful to see if a behavior is repeated)

2. Shouldn’t blow borgs up over hearsay, though it might warrant a lockdown. Ban from RD would be good

3. They’re probably gonna meet someone who ends up beating them to death for kidnapping them, but if everyone’s having fun no need for admin intervention.

4. Metacomms good, note +watchlist. Good response.

@GameAdmin reviving this thread image

A plus 1 from me. Purely on the basis of the effort put in on the forums to answer questions and responding.

@GameAdmin I am once again asking for your mental support.

This thread already died and revived twice.

Alright, fine. I’ll cave and give +1 for clean record and the amount of effort put in toward trying to help out. Trial period is meant to iron out issues, or make it apparent you aren’t fit for admin one, so the improved answers this time can shake a positive vote out of me.

The previous application made me hesitant to accept the new answers for what they are.

T: +4

I’ll change my vote once more. to +1. You really need to understand rules better though, which will be done if you get trial min
T: + 5

One-two reply per day. Good, but can we get more? It is staying for 7 days. image1x

You have a lot of hours and acceptable number of notes.
As you’re stuck in this limbo of not having enough + points to get accepted and too much to get denied, have my +2.

T:+7

Accepting at a +7.

In game perms when you get trained, etcetera.