Not megatron Mod Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Not megatron

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Not megatron

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
EST, and I’m a NEET so I’m on all the time.
What changes, if any, would you bring?:
I would encourage other staff to favor shorter bans and fewer permabans. A community shouldn’t be built by purging the unfavorables, but by listening to the community and responding to their wants and needs.
How old are you?:
Why do you want to be an admin?:
I like Beestation a lot, but the ADMEMES keep banning me 4noraisin you see?
This server has been experiencing some horrific growing pains lately and I feel like I should do what I can to guide it. The main issue with Bee right now is that everyone disagrees on what MRP should look like.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
Since 2015

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Less than six months.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
7.5. I know the mechanics pretty thoroughly though I’m fuzzy on the more involved stuff, but ‘existing’ in the game and interacting with my surroundings comes as naturally as breathing to me

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
5. I’ve never had admin powers except when hosting my own private instances.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
I was a moderator on Aurora for about 7 months before I stopped playing.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:

Your strengths:
Maybe someone a little more even-tempered, Childs…
I’m good at defusing conflict and getting people to settle down and see reason.
I don’t take anything personally. Getting mad at this game is the best way to stop enjoying it. If I play a really mean prank and get my shit kicked in for it- well, them’s the breaks.
I try to keep a level head, and keep the chaos around a situation from infecting my judgement.
I’m very sympathetic, and want to help people who feel they’ve been wronged, whether it means righting the wrongs, or explaining why they deserve what happened.

Your weaknesses:
"Am I so out of touch…? No, it’s the children who are wrong."
I am a blunt asshole. If something needs to be said or done, I’ll say or do it and anyone who gets salty and starts whining will simply have to deal with it.
I have a bad habit of assuming I’m the smartest person in the room. I’ve been called condescending, rude, an asshole, shitcurity… I could go on. When I think someone is being an idiot, it’s hard to resist making fun of them a little bit.
I can get overwhelmed when there’s too many things demanding my attention at once, and things can escape my attention.
I play this game in bursts, and am vulnerable to burnout. I’ll log off one day and not touch byond for four months, but I always come back sooner or later.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
When someone faces consequences for their actions and starts spewing bile and insulting everyone and their mothers- Any sympathy I might have had vanishes immediately and I’m perfectly content to throw the book at them. I’m a dirty liberal, so trying to bypass the filter to call me a fargo will make me not give a single shit what happens to you.
What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Restraint. Knowing when not to act is as, if not more important than, knowing when to act. Knowing when you’re out of your depth is also important as well.

What makes a staff team good?:
"I’VE GOT MY FINGER ON THE PULSE!"
Being in touch with the community and its wants and desires and changing to suit that, rather than trying to force an unpopular way of things upon them. Handling situations with maturity and not letting the shitters drag you down to their level will keep you out of so much trouble.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
An unjust law is no law at all.
Enforcing the rules of the server is obviously critical, but ensuring that those rules are fair and reasonable must come first. Someone who enforces a rule they don’t believe in is a coward and a bootlicker.

What kind of player are you?:
I’m a sec main and a validhunter. Whatever will lead to the greatest reduction in harm is the right course of action. I basically use asimov laws as my guiding principle. I think peak SS13 is when everything has gone to shit, so I’ve probably committed some RP crimes in the name of fun. I follow the Rule of Cool, so if something is entertaining or clever, I’m much more likely to let it slide.
How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I like to mess with people, so I’ll probably have to sober up and be a good example if I want to be a staff member.

These questions are so cut and dry and have been answered so many times that I’m just gonna write my own.
An AI player decides to interpret a lawset it doesn’t like in the most obstructive way possible in an effort to have the laws changed. What do you do?: I’ll bwoink the AI and remind them that rules-lawyering is discouraged, and if they have an issue with a law, it should be ahelped. If they try to argue and claim they’re still technically following their laws, I’ll simply repeat myself and remind them that staff rulings are final. If the player really can’t stomach it, then I’ll link them to the staff complaints subforum and close the ticket.
The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Not much. I might whisper the clown and remind them that the X-01 is an antag objective so spacing it is kinda lame. Maybe use god whisper to make fun of the HOS for being so unrobust if they start whining too much.

A player sends an ahelp complaining that security was needlessly cruel to them as an antagonist, going out of their way to humiliate them. What do you do?:
I will remind the player that unfortunately antags are valid and that while they probably didn’t deserve what happened, it was not in violation of the rules. I’ll bwoink the offending security and inform them that while they’re not in any trouble, I’d be adding a note about the behavior and that they should try and be a little more professional on an MRP server.

-2. already gained a good amount of notes in a short period. Actions i have seen from him in game make me incredibly aware this guy is unsuitable for an administrator position

-1 Many notes, seen a lot of questionable behaviour in game including valid hunting.

(Hurt my fee fees repeatedly too)

Not Megatron is alright in OOC. But the IC character he plays, Milton, is absolute Scum. He once, as CE, arrested an engineer for opening secure storage to get advanced tools and the spare mats, and after sec let him go, he arrested the engineer AGAIN for walking into engineering, stripped him of all of his belongings, ID and everything, and kicked him out again. This lead to that engineer having to steal to survive, as Sec attacked him for not having an ID, and no one would take his side. Milton regularly screams for the shuttle to be called when a minor incident occurs, and of course the AI listens to him. Not Megatron is responsible for the shortening of rounds on MRP. As a player he is a coward. A portion of this post has been blurred due to being inaccurate. I apologize.

1 Like

This is so fucking funny.
I’m not Milton, I’m Nancy Druid.

As for my rap sheet, just about every note I have is either due to a misunderstanding or questionable staff rulings. I’d be more than happy to go down the list and talk about every incident. The only one I’ll acknowledge is my ban for strangling that catgirl assistant. The rest are silliness, through and through.

Best HoS

20 characters

ok if ZESKORION is an admin then not megatron should be. HIS CREDIBILITY IS LACKING!!! I’M TELLING U

With my very first vote I’m going to have to [retracted]

While their words don’t follow through to action most of the time, they are overly aggressive. Telling people in OOC they’re going to be metagrudged for playing a role wrong, saying they lean towards murderboning, and man these spicey tickets. All this in my first trial-min day.

As I’ve told them, they do sec right from what I have seen. You need some aggressive people that can still stay in the bounds. I’d bet that anger would come out interacting with players as an admin quickly however.

Sorry b.

Edit: After banning them recently and seeing the amount and nature of notes I had a wrong opinion of Not Megatron. Not the worst person but not meant to be an admin. -1, sorry bx2

I was mislead, I apologize

I retract my previous statement on their IC character being a dick.

To be fair, THIS is what I wanted to metagrudge them for…

jesus you use light mode? thats not admin material

1 Like

//Edited// (read the application guide and the rules therein, removed my “vote”)
Currently banned from head roles, constant self antaging in-game
hell, most recent round they started slapping a reverse bear trap on anyone and everyone
as a mindshielded sec officer…

2 Likes

I made an account just for this.

Played an extended shift where Nancy was sec. They spent about half an hour going around to random people, flashing them, sticking a reverse bear trap on their head, then shoving them into walls so they couldn’t take it off. Killed about a dozen people like this. I wasn’t even in the body count, but sheesh it was bad.

2 Likes

Round ID 12232, Also you should’ve waited till the end of the round to post that.
To add to that, I believe a player report should be made.

1 Like

Yeah this is player report material but only one person actually died and I took them to cloning. The rest were silly golems

-2 for the reasons Zesk has stated along with people literally making accounts to tell us not to take you in.

Your strengths that you stated are good, but the weaknesses make up for them.

There’s no way you’re going to handle a long ticket well with this attitude.

This may as well be denied and closed already. Why are we sitting on a clearly fake app?

it isnt fake. they did actually want to be a mod. That being said it doesnt look like he has been well received.

1 Like

He put in effort and qualifies, he might not be perfect… but he admit’s his flaws unlike a few current admins (I haven’t actually been banned apart from a seven day note, so no salt)

2 Likes

-2 Going to have to agree with what Xlyana stated.