New Plasmaman naming guideline proposal

Our current naming guideline for the spooky purple skeletons is ’ Plasmaman: First name is or sounds like a periodic table element, last name is Roman Numerals’
IMO the last name being a roman numeral makes their names blend together. I propose replacing it with an object properly vaguely related to the first name. Some examples include
Nitrium the Expansive
Healium the Soft
Bananium the Tickling
Ferrium the Unbending
Bronzium the Reverberating

4 Likes

This should hopefully make unique plasmaman names to stand out a bit more while keeping their ‘element’ theme.

Eeeh, not a fan of this proposition if I’m being honest. I’m happy to see an attempt though, because I agree… They could use a naming update.

5 Likes

Well yeah, english isn’t my first language so my ideas for english names might not be the best.
It’s just that honestly I’ve noticed that all plasmaman names sort of, how do I say this, ‘blend in’ together?

I quite plasmamen names as they are now though, and I feel like this is far more on-the-nose.
Plus, what the hell am I supossed to name my plasmaman if we change it to something else? (Onsager XIII) His name is entirely based on his backstory, and has the number 13 based off the thirteen lives theory. It feels like it throws my entire character out the window.

Onsager the Undying? Onsager the Everlasting?

1 Like

I misread this line

I thought it said;

I’m slightly more into this idea now, but regardless I still like the names as they are personally.

1 Like

Golden the Dead

RIP

11 Likes

Not the worst naming idea seeing as Grod also proposed the same thing. But I like the opportunity of sorta jokey names like if this were to pass I would rename my plasmaman from Corium IV to Corium the Radiant.

I can see the flaws of the current plasmaman naming scheme but these names look worse than the ones we have currently imo.

When Grods was being tested, I named my character “Windy of 99 Balloons” as a direct refrence to 99 luftballons

I went check the naming scheme and it appears like the Grod naming scheme might’ve changed as it’s being worked on?

I kind of like it, but also it has too much of a lizardperson look to it and it could cause confusion (at least for a period of time). This still would give a bit more flavor, I’ve additionally came up with meme-ish names that could be done, would at least be decent for a clown/mime.

• Californium the Hipster
  • Livermorium the Drunk
  • Nobelium the Prize

I’ve thought of other names but the majority of them just rhyme. I forget that a good chunk of elements have “normal” names like Lead and Tin.

molecule names were proposed (and used before being shut down, Chlorine Trifluoride my beloved) but seemingly ignored… Did bring it up before but moth policy was at the forefront at that time… so understandable

Maybe stay away from those used in game for clarity reasons? (Chloral Hydrate, Potassium Iodide etc)
and not using brand/front name versions of those, Like using Dihydrogen Monoxide instead of water
OR
N-methyl-1-phenylpropan-2-amine

New idea, if the lore about plasmaman hijacking bodies is followed
We can add a part of the victims name to the plasmeme name

Naming Guideline could be something like
[Part of the human name][optional 2-3 letter identifier to glue the human name to the alien one/ to signal the rank of the victim like prisoner, politician, janitor etc] [Unique identifying name chosen by the meme][The number of times he fell in plasma(it is assumed most of them had a cloning record]]

Nigel et Boolium V
Joe de Hydrogen X

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.