Nerf Nitryl gas speed boost

Usually speed boost is very, very powerful on the ss13 in general. But lots of method that gains the speed boost has each own side effects, such as chemical one making peoples to drop their things with low chance.
Nitryl gas, however, doesn’t really do much negative impact when inhaled.
Not only it is terribly easy to acquire, but also you can cheese it incredibly easy.
Just use 1 kpa, get a speed boost, then turn off internals.
Damage upon acquiring these are so minimum, you’d need to treat yourself only after like 30 minutes of usage during the whole time.
If you have healing nanites, that treatment isn’t even needed.

While I personally want to say, “remove that entirely,” that wouldn’t be fun at all.
Instead, I want to suggest that it does the moderate amount of organ damage rather than doing the brute/burn damage, to counter the cheesing of “Inhale 1kpa and close.”
That way, you’d need to even visit the medbay for a proper treatment, or synchronize with time-consuming, effort required virus.

1 Like

Feel like the problem here isn’t the speed boost but how its damage is dealt. Lung damage would be my suggestion. Or maybe we could raise the minimum amount of NO2 breathed in in order to achieve the speed boost from 0.01 kPa.

seconding this, burn-brute doesn’t really makes sense, but lung organ damage may do the trick, making also nitryl one of the few things damaging an organ directly (beside alcohol, various drugs, death and many, MANY flashes are one of the few things that damages organs directly)

Or maybe we could raise the minimum amount of NO2 breathed in in order to achieve the speed boost from 0.01 kPa.

Or, we could not let the players do the 0.01kPa cheesing or closing internals once getting a buff, having a continuous flow of inhaling required to maintain the buff status.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.