Nerf Chef CQC

This suggestion partially comes out of salt but also because I witnessed how robust chef CQC was in a recent round and I think it’s too overpowered

The round I witnessed this went like this:

• Suspicious Chef asks to meet Captain in kitchen, Captain asks me to go with her. (I am HoP)
  • We both go to Kitchen, I lurk behind 10 paces.
  • Chef immediately grabs her and one shots her into unconsciousness with his karate skills, then proceeds to beat her to death.
  • I am only 10 paces back so by the time I get there she’s already dead???
  • I pull out my PTSD and start shooting. He goes down on the ground then as I am about to call for help the Chef EMP’s (he’s also a ling).
  • I kick Chef on the ground a few times until he immediately stands back up and one shots me into unconsciousness. Chef proceeds to beat me to death.
  • Chef strips loots and gibs me and Captain
  • HoS arrives looking for disk, Chef ling has changed into Captain. Hos realizes Chef is fake Captain and confronts him.
  • Ling Chef Grabs HoS and one shots him into unconsciousness. Chef beats him to death.
  • A minute later 2 sec and Warden arrive. One sec goes further in maints while other sec and Warden see Chef ling dragging HoS body.
  • Seccie goes into kitchen to baton, Chef ling one shots him into unconsciousness, beats him into crit before running away. As Warden is there but can’t do anything
  • Warden watches helplessly from the window panel cubby in back-kitchen maints as he tried to break the glass. He eventually breaks glass and rescues the seccie inside.

I am okay with Chef being more robust in the kitchen, maybe they can hit harder or something but I think the insta-knockout of chef CQC is busted

1 Like

i ded

8 Likes

SIX total members of command and security walk into a kitchen with a hostile/sketchy chef.

Truly a beestation command/security player moment. There is a hard counter to chef CQC, know what it is? Don’t be a room temperature IQ moron. If you can’t handle the heat then get out of the kitchen.

8 Likes

A critical error.

5 Likes

man i wonder if sec has anything that counters guys that have a known ability to be really robust in close quarters combat like something ranged or that can stun or something

3 Likes

Ha ha, I personally made some extreme tactical errors that round

2 Likes

Idk man, if six of you cant defeat one (1) chef then that sounds like a you problem

2 Likes

As a maintainer, I can safely say this is a prime “I ded” thread, the Chef has CQC on kitchen turfs to kick shitters out of their workplace hard. If they’re a traitor/ling/[insert antitag here], it easily escalate to Skill issue, with the only valid solution to engage at long distances or chemical stunning.

1 Like

Disabler? Yeah man I shot the chef 8 times with my PTSD gun in disable mode and he sprung back up in about 5 seconds but lings are gonna be lings

If six people can’t beat one person that’s not a me problem or an us problem, it’s a server problem.
Head of Security, supposedly the most trained and fierce person on the station gets one shot into unconsciousness by the Chef for being in Kitchen because it’s a funny zone.
This is one of the RP moments ever

HOPcurity moment.

Uhhh you joined HoS hunting party as the one command member whos kinda implicitly told to not do so. I dont think you can claim high ground here :joy:

2 Likes

You didn’t read my post at all.

1 Like

sounds like a big bad ugly case of …
skeleton-skeleton-smoking-cigar
skill issue…

5 Likes

Gawd damn, sounds like skill issues to me- Absolutly easy to counter, just don’t walk nowhere in and there and that never when you guys got an chef

2 Likes

You might have had a point that a ling chef with CQC is a little too potent with their stun resistance and healing ability, if every station didn’t have numerous windows or tables you could shoot through.

4 Likes

man if there was like, a grenade that made a really loud noise or something

this is the biggest ided ive seen, don’t fuck with chefs inside the kitchen as is
download

11 Likes

Have you considered not entering the kitchen to take them down? Being surprised you lost to them on their very small and limited turf is on you and you 100% deserved to lose even if this wasn’t a nuclear combination of Changeling and CQC.

As the person who added and balanced the gun used I want to reiterate: Personal Tiny Self Defense gun. It’s not meant for takedowns - it’s meant to let you run away from or repel threats.

You leave a hostile chef where they are and the worst thing that happens is they get away and lose their CQC for running.

it’s definitely and ided but why does the chef even get a nukie item when he’s in the kitchen in the first place?

because… uhm. uh…
i think its a remnant from old lrp tg code where gibbing random assitants was fair game. CqC would help with that

it’s a riff on the abbreviation of CQC, being “close quarters cooking”
it’s also an antithesis to the bartender having the double barreled shotgun

4 Likes

Have you considered not trying to engage the supreme melee when in a specific area character in melee in the specific area?

2 Likes