CKEY: Ksanavaari

Your Discord: Ksanavaari#6239

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name: Nekomi Fluffels

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 16.01.2021

Round Number: 26204

Rules Broken: 2,3,4

Incident Description: I was arrested for breaking a wall to the courtroom and after being arrested, Nekomi Fluffels puts me in a cell, strips my BOH and runs off. They werent interested in the tools I broke into the courtroom and just decided to take away all of my science equipment, including my circuits printer, fully stacked RPED, xenobio gear and much more unrelated to the crime. They even took my space suit, skinsuit, internals and my heirloom for no real reason, leaving me in the jail cell with the tools I used to break in, also leaving me capable of breaking out/wrecking brig if I wanted to.

Additional Information: tl;dr local shitcurity ignores the basics of security

This one is an easy shut and ban case

Just to add some context to this report because it does get lost a little bit in the logs. There was an incident with a scientist mass producing portal guns and freely distributing them. Security was dealing with frequent greytide and were constantly being held on their toes. In order to help subdue the tide I had to delete (to my reccolection) at least 12 portal guns via SDQL. It was a very hectict round for security, as I expressed in round during a ticket with Ksanavaari, and in the round after. I admit that (without log diving so far) it sounds like bad security work, but given the circumstances I ruled it more of an IC issue, as security was working more heavily to contain the threat created by another individual.

The individual in question was portathetankdriver, who was unresponsive to ahelps, also reducing my capability to help deal or monitor any situations outside of the numerous portal guns.

Finally, I just want to add this on a personal note, rather than administrative opinion: “Local science mans angered over security taking his things after he broke into a high security area. More at eleven.”

This is not a report that logs can do much of anything for since item possession isn’t actually logged - only item stripping. Setting to close in a week, will be rejected unless someone is confident they can prove the claims via logs.

Can you see emptying items or managing your inventory in logs?

Also, you can check the chat logs where I asked them why they did my stuff back, especially the heirloom to which they just respond that they confiscated everything.

And you can propably see them stripping me of only my BOH, leaving me with the tools used to actually commit the crime, they didnt care about a full search or the crime I did, they just wanted access to a gamer bag.

And this is all that will be shown.
No to all the rest, though the chat logs will be there.

So what is the official stance on these cases? Because every time ive ahelped seccie looting everything except my ID, it gets marked as an IC issue, as it did in this case. Player reports seem useless if logs dont show anything and nothing is done about this.

Logs show quite a few things, but this is one of their blind spots. They should only take your tools in this case, but given that I cant prove the situation and the arrest itself was valid in the first place… I’m not really bothered to care you were punished slightly worse than was necessary. You weren’t thrown in perma or removed from the round - you lost your toys for breaking the law as a member of a department that has already been giving sec a lot of shit that round.

A real solution is to perhaps stop doing things that are liable to get you arrested?

You can check the chatlogs where they admit they confiscated my gear and you can confirm that I still had the tools on me when I spammed my RCD in the jail cell to show them that they made a mistake.

Nearly, they didnt have time to forceborg me but planned to do so.

Alright, so if you get arrested, you are liable to having your whole inventory confiscated if the officer wishes to do so?

Lets just draw a clear line here because if this is true, im gonna start playing a whole lot more security.

4 Likes

Threatening to act in bad faith is how you get watchlisted and have all chance at gaining benefit of a doubt removed for when you make a genuine mistake.

After having a bad round of dealing with shitters and then slipping up a bit on the wrong shitter because he’s from the same department as the rest is an understandable mistake.

No situation is without exceptions; there is no line clearer than what I’ve said in the thread so far. Sec shouldn’t do the thing you’re claiming they did, but given the circumstances of the round I’d probably let it slide even if I could prove they did it.

I’m just going to invoke this and close the thread at this point. You are way too worked up over being slightly over-punished for breaking the law in a round full of apparent shitters.