Naevi Admin Report

CKEY: JayHays

Your Discord: JayHays#9494

Offender’s CKEY: Naevi

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant): N/A.

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 08/25/2020

Round Number: 20408

Rules Broken (if relevant): N/A.

Part of Admin Conduct Broken (if relevant): Impartiality. “Ensure tickets and situations are handled equally across all players.”

Incident Description: I do not have logs as I was banned shortly after the incident. Naevi had messaged me in-game questioning why I hit a security officer with a toolbox. I gave a reason why I did it without really explaining myself, this was my fault. The security officer took my to brig and I served my time for assault. Not even 2 minutes after I am released from brig, some dude with a shadowling arm (he’s not an antagonist) comes up and says he found it in maint. He then proceededs to hit me multiple times until I start to defend myself. When I defend myself, he puts me in crit. Naevi says they will deal with him. About a minute later I was banned. I checked the website bans for awhile but my attacker never received a ban.

Additional Information:
I cannot prove that Naevi showed favortism towards the security officer I attacked, or the guy who attacked me, but I do know the situation was not handled equally between myself and my attacker.

I hit a security officer unprovoked with a toolbox (self-antag). didn’t even crit them. - 5 day ban.
Random guy hits me unprovoked with shadowling arm (self-antag), then puts me into crit. - No ban.

@Naevi

Need your side of this

Shadowling arm in maint?
You sure he wasn’t Antag ling maybe.
I suppose he could have taken the chaplains arm maybe

“Shadowling arm in Maint”
Like damn might as well describe how it was dark as well. Clearly he was a shadowling

He was not shadowling, he found a nightmare armblade and picked it up. I wasn’t able to get the full logs before having to leave for work, but I got that far into them

Hello, I will provide my point of view now.
I received an ahelp from security officer (to make it easier I will call him security officer nr1) who got beaten by clown. (You)

I proceeded to question you, for a reason for that.

[2020-08-25 22:41:12.156] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): Hello, can yo uexplain what happened between you and Camille ?

[2020-08-25 22:41:25.206] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JayHays/(Yobbo)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): aggravated assault, didnt kill him

[2020-08-25 22:41:51.569] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): Huh ?
[2020-08-25 22:42:00.433] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JayHays/(Yobbo)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): aggravated assault, I didn’t kill him?
[2020-08-25 22:42:35.810] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): Care to elaborate ?

Your reasonning:

[2020-08-25 22:43:35.678] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JayHays/(Yobbo)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): Yeah, I saw she was alone in shower. Wanted to mess with her. Didn’t think doing a bit of damage was against the rules?

Then i explained

[2020-08-25 22:44:06.501] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): Obviously attacking someone without reason is against rules.

And here your another answer

[2020-08-25 22:44:16.846] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JayHays/(Yobbo)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): I’m a psychotic clown

This added to each other, made me understand you didn’t get familiar with our rules, and you could use some time off from the server to think about it. I was about to ban you and then i received another message from you

[2020-08-25 22:47:49.293] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #7: JayHays/(Yobbo): I’m literally getting attacked by ung glob right now? See? I thought you could attack people to a minor extent as long as you didnt kill them or crit them

This message proven me you are looking to overly validate your behavior.
Also I obviously started investigating the problem as soon as i received that message.

[2020-08-25 22:48:17.312] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->SiurMaster/(Ung Glob): Why did you attack the clown ?

and assured you its being cared of

[2020-08-25 22:48:38.552] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): I will look into it too.

answer i received

[2020-08-25 22:48:54.628] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SiurMaster/(Ung Glob)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): well we had a feud from way back, and i smacked him once, he smacked back

I confronted this with you

[2020-08-25 22:50:04.454] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): They had a reason since you had conflict before, attacking people out of the blue is not somethign you should be doing

And you answered:

[2020-08-25 22:50:48.582] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JayHays/(Yobbo)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): The conflict before was me stealing the mime from their custody, neither one of us put our hands on the other until ung just attacked me to the point where I was critted

Which I confronted with the other person

[2020-08-25 22:52:15.373] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->SiurMaster/(Ung Glob): You atatcked him 3 times, with light eater, and you didnt non-forcefully started conflict before

This was the answer

[2020-08-25 22:53:00.852] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SiurMaster/(Ung Glob)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): we did, i was attacked by a mime cult, managed to flash him, and the clown tried to free the mime and acuse me of beeing a cult myself

This answer was adding up with what you said before, and that being said he had a reason to think you might be an antagonist.
Later in the conversation with that security officer. He admitted his mistake, that it was not his intention to crit you, stated that he never used this weapon before. And healed yo urigth after that happened.

I fully agree it is not acceptable to attack someone out of nowhere, for me that security had a previously given reason to behave this way and i let this overescalation go.

Why ?
Because he admitted to mistake, instead of trying to validate that what he did was right.

Final statement

I looked into this case once again and
If i was to change one thing I would add a note for security officer nr2 with description of the situation.

I have been too lenient on this case for which i sincerely apologise for.

However punishment doesn’t always have to come with a ban, and it often ends at warnning if the person understands their mistake and is willing to change. Because mistakes happens by human nature, and i was always trying to be understanding.
Punishments are also distributed by taking into consideration current player note history and attitude.

Judging by your answers and attitiude in game after incident I decided some time off from server is a good decision. Specially if you need to understand our rules a bit better.

What is wrong with trying to validate my behavior If I believed I was right at the time? I already corrected myself in my ban appeal saying I was wrong. I’m not denying that what I did is self-antag. I’m trying to understand why there is a serious disparity in punishment between me and the other guy, Ung.

To me it looks like you forgave him because he admitted he was wrong whereas I did not at the time. Is that how the system works? If I break rules and admit wrongdoing, I get forgiven?

I’m not buying into Ung being able to attack me. Yes, I tried to take the mime from him as a practical joke, but that shouldn’t open me up to valid attacks from him 20 minutes later into the round. Also, does him thinking I might be an antagonist allow him to attack me?

You decided time off from the server was good for me since I expressed how upset I was that roleplay is dying.

What is wrong with trying to validate my behavior If I believed I was right at the time? I already corrected myself in my ban appeal saying I was wrong

3/4 of you appeal was you trying to prove you were right.

I’m trying to understand why there is a serious disparity in punishment between me and the other guy, Ung.

Yes, I tried to take the mime from him as a practical joke

You explained it yourself now.

You decided time off from the server was good for me since I expressed how upset I was that roleplay is dying.

expressed that IC which made roleplay even more shitty for others

As i stated already above. I should have noted Ung for trying to execute you without permission, attacking you with force without varrant. And this is my honest mistake to which i admitted and i am willing to fix after this is looked up by head-admin.

However there is difference between your punishments just because what you did had 0 in game reason, while he had a reason even if the way he proceeded with it was bad.

You bring this up but it’s not relevant at all. I admitted I was in the wrong later in the appeal if you read the comments.

Yes well I made an honest mistake and got banned 5 days for it. I admitted to making the mistake. Admins are supposed to be held to a higher standard.

Looking back, neither one of us had valid reasoning. I claimed insanity which I was wrong to do so and got banned. He walks up to me after not seeing me for 20-30 minutes, says “hey look at this armblade” and starts attacking me. You’re saying he gets off the hook for self-antag because I tried to take the mime from him 30 minutes earlier into the round.

Edit: I took the mime from him, he wasn’t even sec. His job title at the time was “Psychiatrist”.

Admins are supposed to be held to a higher standard.

How is this relevant in any way ? Admins can be mistaken too.

“hey look at this armblade” and starts attacking me.

Edit: I took the mime from him, he wasn’t even sec. His job title at the time was “Psychiatrist”.

I will look into it one more time later as this is some informations that would change my point of view and would indeed result in ban if true.

Ticket #1 - Jayhays vs rando (5 day ban)

[2020-08-25 22:41:12.156] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): Hello, can yo uexplain what happened between you and Camille ?
[2020-08-25 22:41:25.206] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JayHays/(Yobbo)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): aggravated assault, didnt kill him
[2020-08-25 22:41:51.569] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): Huh ?
[2020-08-25 22:42:00.433] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JayHays/(Yobbo)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): aggravated assault, I didn’t kill him?
[2020-08-25 22:42:35.810] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): Care to elaborate ?
[2020-08-25 22:43:35.678] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JayHays/(Yobbo)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): Yeah, I saw she was alone in shower. Wanted to mess with her. Didn’t think doing a bit of damage was against the rules?
[2020-08-25 22:44:06.501] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): Obviously attacking someone without reason is against rules.
[2020-08-25 22:44:16.846] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JayHays/(Yobbo)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): I’m a psychotic clown
[2020-08-25 22:47:49.293] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #7: JayHays/(Yobbo): I’m literally getting attacked by ung glob right now? See? I thought you could attack people to a minor extent as long as you didnt kill them or crit them
[2020-08-25 22:48:38.552] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): I will look into it too.
[2020-08-25 22:50:04.454] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): They had a reason since you had conflict before, attacking people out of the blue is not somethign you should be doing
[2020-08-25 22:50:48.582] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: JayHays/(Yobbo)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): The conflict before was me stealing the mime from their custody, neither one of us put our hands on the other until ung just attacked me to the point where I was critted
[2020-08-25 22:52:34.089] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->JayHays/(Yobbo): This will be dealt separately.
[2020-08-25 22:56:34.098] ADMINPRIVATE: Naevi/(Peach Blossom) has created a global temporary 5 days server ban for JayHays. Reason: Attacked security officer “to mess with her”. Don’t seem to understand our rules. Didn’t see anythign wrong in that. Tried to explain this with “playing psychotic clown”. Seemed to be salty on someone because they have been ahelped.

I just felt like attacking someone for no reason, I didn’t even crit them so it’s fine right?

Ticket #2 - SiurMaster vs Jayhays (noted, but no ban)

[2020-08-25 22:48:17.312] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->SiurMaster/(Ung Glob): Why did you attack the clown ?
[2020-08-25 22:48:54.628] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SiurMaster/(Ung Glob)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): well we had a feud from way back, and i smacked him once, he smacked back
[2020-08-25 22:52:15.373] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->SiurMaster/(Ung Glob): You atatcked him 3 times, with light eater, and you didnt non-forcefully started conflict before
[2020-08-25 22:53:00.852] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SiurMaster/(Ung Glob)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): we did, i was attacked by a mime cult, managed to flash him, and the clown tried to free the mime and acuse me of beeing a cult myself
[2020-08-25 22:53:31.358] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SiurMaster/(Ung Glob)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): never used the weapon, honestly didnt expect it do so such a huge damage
[2020-08-25 22:54:36.585] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SiurMaster/(Ung Glob)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): i was sure that the lighter it is, the lower the damage. and i wouldnt realy crit him in like 3 hits
[2020-08-25 22:55:00.879] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->SiurMaster/(Ung Glob): Alright, i get you.
[2020-08-25 22:55:08.104] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->SiurMaster/(Ung Glob): Just take care next time
[2020-08-25 22:55:28.308] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SiurMaster/(Ung Glob)->Naevi/(Peach Blossom): yeah i will watch out , as it turns out this is a preety neat blade
[2020-08-25 22:57:49.266] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Naevi/(Peach Blossom)->SiurMaster/(Ung Glob): Thanks for explaination.

He started it earlier by trying to free an antagonist I had custody of, also I didn’t realize how powerful this weapon was (a nightmare armblade)

Both of you have the same amount of notes-per-hour as well, so there is no mishandling or bias in how the situations were handled. The motivations behind the attacks were completely different, and so were the responses to the ahelps. Attacking for no reason is always worse than attacking due to a prior conflict, even if both cases were bad.

Report denied