CKEY: mystico87

Admin’s CKEY: hollandaise

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: both

Which server did the ban happen on? Sage

Ban Type: Server Ban

Ban Length: 2021-01-06 22:16

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 2020-12-29 22:16

Round ID: 25540

Ban Reason: As nonantag, made a suicide grenade circuit and took it on the emergency shuttle where they were killed by sentient slimes. The grenade circuit then explodes and kills atleast 7 people. This is extreme powergaming and also self antag.

Appeal Reason:
its 1. of january, pretty hungover and just wanna play some spessman but i got banned for 8 days

I think 8 days ban is a bit harsh, also extreme power gaming is a bit much for a circuit doing what any self respecting chemist can make in 5 minutes from roundstart with a health sensor printed from autolathe and its the same amount of days for a ban for this one that seems a bit more dickish

votetrump2020

Kidnapped a sec officer because they killed a sentient monkey who broke into armory and started shooting, proceeded to fullstrip them, forcefeed them maintpills, strong alcohol and threaten to force monkey them and castrate them. Kept them kidnapped and berated them for ages in cargo.

Type: Server
Ban Date: 2020-12-28 14:02
Expire Date: 2021-01-05 14:02
Round: 25495
Server: All
Admin: hollandaise

especially for something that happened without any ill intention on my part but a string of events started by what someone (also banned) did with ill intentions, as non antag, force mutating people into slimes that attacks and kills people on the shuttle (small so we were like fish in a barrel & everything moving onscreen because someone drug-smoked us all in evac, perfect chaos cage)

nullblue
As nonantag, got a beaker full of slime mutation toxin and walked round on the shuttle injecting it, attempting to do so on 16 different people, succeeding atleast 5 or so times. This lead to massive chaos and a suicide nade being triggered overall causing about 15 deaths. You were not responding to ahelps (AFK?) so please explain here:

Type: Server
Ban Date: 2020-12-29 22:40
Expire Date: 9999-01-01 12:00
Round: 25543
Server: All
Admin: hollandaise

It wasnt even a standard chemnade + healthsensor setup that the usual chemist packs that would kill no matter what, i’ve put in voice control just for this case when you really don’t want it to activate but died so fast i didn’t even get say deactivate and then reopen the text prompt to whisper deactivate because went into crit while writing

I went from 100% through crit to dead on the floor in flat 10 sec

no idea how because everything was rainbow colored and spinning after the drug-smoke but chat log say’s i got chomped by angry slimes, no idea what kind of killer slime that was and even hollandaise confirmed that is was the slimes that killed me

Additional Information:
Well have learned my lesson and from now on will put in a healing nade instead of GoBlammo ones if i use that circuit again as a nonantag

Will gladly send the blueprint for the circuit so you can see for yourselves that indeed it should be able to dearm with owners voice if they get the time to say it atleast and i did everything i could to avoid that explosion

Oh and Hapy New Year!

If everything your saying is true, shorten the ban because he had a plan to deactivate it but got chomped first, like if a scientist made a ttv but got intercepted by antag before activation they don’t get banned. I would say unban but if your smart enough to make it have a deactivation switch your smart enough to make it have an activation switch instead- which would of been much smarter and prevented this ban.

Although do send the circuit because that’s fucking awesome

Bump since hollandaise came and went in another ban appeal thread while not seeing this one

I’ll probably reduce this by a little bit, problem is you shouldn’t be making potent deathnades as nonantag, let alone taking them while armed onto a packed emergency shuttle. You’re still responsible for the deaths you caused even if it had a safety, or if you were killed unexpectedly.

True, i think its mostly habbit from my old chem days from another server where it was a stable lugging grenades around but yeah as non antag it should not go boom at all

when i get the possibility im gonna modify it to a healing smoke machine instead of grenade primer and share it if its allright?

By the way, can you remove my earlier post with the print? i trust Alexanderself1 but dont know who will see this and yeah, lets not tempt others to make the same mistakes :sweat_smile:

Remove the post with the instructions?

well yeah mostly the blueprint / recipe for the device, want to remake it with a smoke machine instead of grenades and then share it in the circuit forum for people to use

Alright sure, it is gone, going to reduce the ban to 5 days.