Multiple players report

Then no, i didn’t mean you. I don’t remember having had to deal with you. I must have gotten you mixed up with the moth player wearing all green.

This checks out since the one we encountered definetly wasn’t that aware of the headspider and was just patrolling because CMO told them about something

Also just to clarify i didn’t take part of the riots, started watching when the pic related above took place and only went to brig two times, one by accident walking and another to heal the injured HoS on brig phys area (where eventually another fight on perma took place since Mo-lly, who was already demoted stormed in with the self-antag Chemist and some other fellas) but yeah i understand why you said it refering to medbay

As for to clarify @pavliko comment, there were two diseases in the roud the first one was a red face one, made by the virologist and they were available on the chem fridge, it was one of the new vampirism virus that are currently being test merged, lots of people had it but it was not deadly

The second was a sentient disease called Super Mega AIDS, which as far as i saw it never went mega deadly, only thing it did was making people say Honk, never developed to the lube-clown shoes stage, when i got promoted to CMO i was about to start tackling the issue (since cure was antihol-holy water) but shuttle was already coming and it went stealthy shortly after.

I agree that the sentient virus proliferated because no one took care of it since they were all busy with the riots and Mo-lly was already demoted and most of medbay were running around

1 Like

Except when Miriam made the vaccine within 5 minutes of it appearing.

I was one of the security officer’s this round. If I remember correctly I was directly responsible for arresting fritz the first time. I was DEFINITELY responsible for arresting after his resurrection and adoption by the medical team.

Fritz was placed into Perma after first being arrested. I can’t remember specifically what he did but I think we knew he was a ling and put him in Perma rather than incinerate him.

AI mentions later over sec comms that someone in Perma was gibbed. I went to go and check, and sure enough there are body parts and our sole prisoner is missing with zero signs of a break out.

I’m patrolling later, and I see Fitz (who’s set to arrest and still on the records as a perma prisoner) run past me. “Well shit, it’s the Perma prisoner, better arrest his ass for escaping. He’s probably a man eater too.” I’m thinking. I arrest his ass. I get him back to sec, and the entire time he’s screaming over comms that security has him. Obviously whenever someone screams shitcurity over the radio on this server, people start showing up looking to have fun at our expense. So we decide to interrogate the guy, and say “we think your a ling” or something along those lines. He then melts his cuffs and doesn’t attack us, to prove to us he’s a peaceful ling.

I can’t remember if it was cap or the HoS, but they start killing him. Me and another security officer present try to calmly stop him, saying the ling seems pretty cool, and to just lay off for five minutes to let us talk it out. Cap takes him into the reeducation centre. Fair enough. He’s already escaped us once, we know he’s a man-eater, and the sec officer and I did all we could without mutiny. I left the ling to his fate.

At this point, the self antag mob showed up outside. We had people clogging the security airlock and people outside beating on windows. Someone put the brig shutters down, and eventually about 5-6 people have trespassed their way into security and are refusing to leave. We make MULTIPLE verbal warnings for people to get out, repeatedly stunning and dragging back outside any trespassers. They keep coming in. Anyone who is saying we were wordlessly beating and harming people is lying, or wasn’t there for the actual riot.

Eventually the situation escalates, we are REALLY trying to clear the brig at this point. Some sort of brawl starts in the main brig hallway. I run out of stuns so fast that I run north to get out of harm’s way (important to note I don’t think any of the numerous self-antags in security was killing people yet, but a few were at least attempting to disarm us and take our weapons). The rioters follow me north, about four or five of em, and I have to lock down the permabrig to get them to stay out.

The permabrig shutters open (a borg may have been working with them) and a rush of people come in just as the warden and HoS (or captain) walk out of the re-education centre. A massive brawl ensues in the perma hallway. Multiple self-antags are trying to take our stuff off of us (again can’t remember if any proper beatings occured, probably would have died if it did as there were far too many people in the Perma hallway for the three of us to survive a real fight).

I specifically remember a geneticist and two medical doctors were in the hallway, fighting with us. May have had a clown. Definitely 2-3 more station staff there too.

Eventually we drag them all out of perma. At this point someone has tried to thermite into the walls of the brig, and succeeded in getting into two of the cells. We never used lethals to disperse the main crowd. Other members of sec may have used them on one or two particularly self righteous self-antags (who were inside the brig hallway and hadn’t left) but definitely not the main group.

Later on, we get a call from the AI that the HoS is down at botany. No it was not an assistant with a toolbox. Almost every square around him was filled with people beating on him.

Later on we catch another ling. Green lizard ling. Kinda have mad respect for him because once he dissolved his cuffs he expertly used the idiots still rioting outside to get away. Many people helped him escape despite watching him dissolve his cuffs. I chased him down to medical where I was finally able to stun him. But oh wait, self-antag squad has arrived on the scene composed of two medical doctors and one researcher. The researcher is in security gear with a stun baton. All three ask me why I’m detaining a man ( as if it’s their job to know or care. Expecting me to answer to them like all three are the captain). I then tell them that the arrestee is a ling.

These three seem to have selective hearing, because they then go on to repeatedly shove stun me, the researcher attempting and getting in multiple stun baton hits. I yell again that their helping a ling, and use my remaining stuns to keep the ling down. I then repeat in block capitals with a double exclamation mark that the man is indeed a fucking ling. The researcher with the just out of charge baton says “should have told us he was a ling”. Took the ling to the incinerator.

Don’t know about the escape shuttle, I really don’t understand this space explorer guy thinking he’s justified by god to hate all of security because one guy dragged him onto the shuttle. Does he even know how security works? One officer says you’re there for a reason and we go along with it because all you’ve done is either squawk about it, tried to escape, or sat their quietly seething in your detention chair. We don’t have time to sit a court trial to determine guilt.

This was an extremely stressful round. I had multiple large groups of people self antag on us, all while trying to take on multiple lings. There are a prime number of hotheads on this server who think it’s their job to obstruct security every time they do literally anything other than walk past quietly, and it definitely got to the sec team that round. If I could just get a single round where some idiot hasn’t tried to stop me arresting someone simply because I didn’t provide the arrestee AND THEM with a wax stamped, sealed arrest warrant written in fucking triplicate, I’d be happy.

1 Like

If your officer’s story is shit you challenge them on it (I’ve seen excellent sec officers poke holes in people’s flimsy stories, even when they were right, because the person’s descriptions sucked).

Unless you’re pulling some us vs them security is better than the crew crap. Which is fine, you’ll just be treated like shitcurity since that’s what it is.

1 Like

Hey I was the brig physician that round and I would like to state from my perspective

1. I was the “security” in medbay and was like oh cool xeno made a head spider and watched them.

2. A ninja came stating they were search for the janitor and wanted to Debrain them to the warden and hos. Warden played dumb and said they don’t exist in the manifest and so I’m like oh I bet they’re that headspider in medbay. (Because my character values the target life more then a science experiment) so the hos comes and tells the ninja he has his go ahead to kill the janitor, so I’m like trying to sell the ninja it’s the head spider in medbay but he doesn’t buy it but the warden goes off on it but I never said who it was. I also was pda the hos to shut his lips about the janitor target

3. I then hear that they took “Dave” over medical radio and that the cmo is planning a protest and to storm sec. I warn warden they either didn’t listen or cared. I watch them start hacking into door panels so I tell the borg to bolt the door closed. Which it did before the borg unbolted and allowed them in because they asked. But not officer or sec allowed them in

4. They storm straight into perma and sec and hos start arresting them until hop for some reason goes into perma (they probably gave themselves AA, cause to my memory no one allowed them into the room)

5. They start arresting people and putting them into cells with timers while some people are pretty bruised and bleeding. So I’m trying to treat but the cmo and people kept dragging them away from me and I started lagging

6. I cryo soon after but the chemist was thermiting the cell walls and people were all crowding sec and still trying to break in.

Dumb? I willingly didnt give out that info. A ninja barges in and tells me they want to debrain a man, and asks me where i can find them. I check the record console and see that this janitor is clean. I won’t allow this man to be killed, so i planned to double cross this ninja. Didn’t see much of them in the brig after this first encounter.

What do you mean I “didn’t listen or care”? I’m genuinely interested, If there was anything more i could have done to stop them at that point please do tell me.

EDIT: i have misread the message mentioned above. Please disregard what i have said.

For the record, these two events happened in this order, as I (the lizard ling that was abusing the crowd to get away, definitely not green though) was very much so a ghost as the HoS was getting toolboxed. I will say, I only ever specifically saw an assistant toolboxing them, and otherwise only saw people hitting him with plushies, not to mention some people in the crowd were telling them not to legitimately murder the HoS (they may have been merely trying to incapacitate him, not sure entirely). Either way, logs probably would be a lot clearer here than eyewitness statements, but that was the HoS’ death from what I saw.

I’m not sure how you’re misunderstanding what I said.

1. Have you never heard the phrase “playing dumb” before? “To pretend that one has no or little knowledge (of something); to act ignorant or uninformed (about something)”
    I’m saying you did good as the warden in your situation without activity letting the ninja onto you. while the hos goes and tells the ninja it’s ok to kill the janitor.

2. But I also when I told you that I heard the cmo was planning to storm brig you didn’t give any reaction. No responding words or moving into action from you. that’s why I said you either didn’t hear me or cared from my perspective.

2 Likes

Oh god, I’m really sorry. I must have misread your message.

2 Likes

All good friend! I was just really confused tbh!

1 Like

Uff this ain’t going to be easy. I probably won’t be able to resolve this report before the weekend and even then it might take a bit longer as there are alot of people reported here. So just bear with me if i won’t be able to resolve this within the next couple days :frowning:

2 Likes

I haven’t forgotten this report. I had exactly zero time to resolve this one. I’ll see what i can do tomorrow and on tuesday.

4 Likes

And thus, the report remained unresolved

2 Likes

I tend to not post every time i investigate a player but keep all of my notes hidden until i’m done. Otherwise we would have around 6 more posts in here with just logs.

3 Likes

Here it is:

Disclaimer: This report was really hard to resolve and took me alot of time. I apologize for having you guys sit for so long with an unresolved report. It was basically impossible for me to investigate every single player that participated in the riot.That led to me investigating the “major” people involved on the side of the rioters and on the side of command/sec staff. Keep in mind that there were so many different logs that had to be looked at so it might be possible that i’ve missed something. Not that this should impact the decision taken in this player report .
I’d like to thank all of my fellow admins especially Tyranicranger in helping me resolve this report.

xeonmations \ Aaron Marthin \ Chemist \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART

Logs

Making a ton of Atropine which is perfectly fine.

Actual rioting starts (begins with attack logs, saylogs at the end)

Reversed logs because searching was a bit funky. (new to old)

Saylogs (old to new)

risingvaliant \ Aurora QR \ Medical Doctor \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART

Logs

mayumibun \ Mai Phulfiana \ Paramedic \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART

Logs

ivanmixo \ Marilyn Bluetenberger \ Captain \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART

Logs

Saylogs

Shuttle getting recalled in the one saylog below. Reason being that the cap didn’t want them to call the shuttle without being asked first. While the HOP seems to be ignoring that order and keeps trying to call it.

FATTYMCFEE \ Beth Green \ Head of Personnel \ NONE \ LATEJOIN

Logs (Thanks to Tyranicranger)

grafik
grafik
grafik
grafik
grafik
grafik

grafik
grafik

flyingnavalmine \ Mol-Ly \ Chief Medical Officer \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART

Logs (Thanks to Tyranicranger)

grafik

grafik
grafik
grafik

Shuenwu \ Hibab Salim \ Virologist \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART
Demi-Wahoo \ Maurice Apate \ Virologist \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART

Viro logs

azio03 \ Kai Lloyd \ Botanist \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART
tuckatk \ Aquarian-The-Wyrm \ Botanist \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART
EvilDragonfiend \ Ignites-The-Flamescale \ Botanist \ NONE \ LATEJOIN

Logs regarding the botanists

Other important logs

HOS being killed by multiple people

Okay now lets get to the actual meat (heh :wink: ) of the report.

Overall
Inciting a riot is only in around 5% of all cases actually justified. All the other 95% aren’t justified riots and just result in a shitshow of a shift, alot of reports/bans and a terrible experience for the command/sec players. In this case here it’s probably pretty obvious that starting a riot over a changeling executed by security isn’t all that great. It could probably have been borderline acceptable if the protests were limited to peaceful ones. Which sadly wasn’t the case though. To me alot of this round looks like alot of people just went with the riot for the sake of rioting. People ignoring escalation and attacking security/command directly because a “friend” of them got jailed.

xeonmations
Unacceptable behaviour overall here. Went out of his way to harm and destroy security. Ultimately even killed the HOS and stripped them of their stuff. All of that as a non antagonist. These actions were so over the top that it wouldn’t even matter if there was an actual cause for a riot. Apart from that you also severely powergamed in regard to creating thermite and healing chems to break into perma/sustain yourself during the fighting. Overall unacceptable behaviour including griefing, self antag, powergaming and more. Rules broken here would include R1, R3, R7, R8, R9.

risingvaliant
Major part of the rioting medbay crew. Started rioting, including breaking in, attacking security, screaming shitsec. They didn’t stop throughout the shift even after they got released from their prison they kept on doing that. Rules broken here would include R1, R3, R9.

mayumibun
Similar to risingvaliant started normally into a medbay shift but then followed the CMO into the riot. Attacking security, screaming shitsec and more. Rules broken here would include R1, R3, R9

ivanmixo
The captain. I wouldn’t say they did alot wrong here if anything. Situations like this are always hard to handle and i don’t believe they went overboard with their behaviour. Having a confirmed changeling executed is perfectly fine and apart from that they did follow SOP and space law as best as they could from what i could gather. Recalling the shuttle after the HOP calls it without their permission is fine and so is demoting the CMO after all that happened. I don’t think there were any rules broken here.

FATTYMCFEE
HOP more or less ignoring SOP completely. Latejoined and called the shuttle without asking the captain. Captain recalls it and they try and do it a second time. After being warned again they start actively working against the captain. They give themselves AA, then give the (at that point) demoted CMO their access back and tries to mutiny again. Overall this is bad behaviour for a command member and definitely against our rules. Rules broken here would include R1, R3, R9, R12.

flyingnavalmine
The CMO not killing the headspider straight up is fine and so is roleplaying that they don’t know what it is. Then getting said alien creature that attacked your departement a body and try to recruit it is a bit much. Ontop of then organzing a protest and storming the brig/attacking security. Escalating it even further afterwards instead of trying to negotiate first. Later on helped toolbox the HOS to death. CMO didn’t really follow SOP or did their job either. Rules broken here would include R1, R3, R8, R9, R12.

Shuenwu
Demi-Wahoo
I don’t really see alot of what they did wrong here. These viruses weren’t airborne so people could take it themselves. The actual bad virus was the sentient disease which these two weren’t related to as the logs show. I don’t think there were any rules broken here.

azio03
tuckatk
Leaving EvilDragonfiend on the side as they weren’t really involved at all in regards to the deathnettles/bluespace bananas. The major rule breaks here were in regards to deathnettles. There were a minor amount of teleportations with bluespace bananas aswell though. Botanists were throwing around deathnettles and attacking stuff with it. Both of them used the deathnettles in the bridge and in the hallways though which would be powergaming and probably self antagonism as they did hurt people with it. Azio03 being mostly responsible for everything here. Rules broken would include R3, R9. This has resulted in no punishment and a note for tuckatk.

Thanks for the report overall, hope you are satisfied with the result!