Multiple clowns secondary report

Created as part of: Warden & Gang Violate SOP to Create Prison Pipeline Analogy, Multiple Player Reports

CKEY: N/A

Your Discord: Haliris#5397

Offender’s CKEY: killermankey and other unknowns (4 initially reported)

Offender’s In-Game Name: Unknown

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 02-07-2023

Round Number: 42600

Rules Broken: R3, R9, possibly R8

Incident Description: That round had multiple clowns and a gimmick around killermankey being made “head of clown” with HOP access. A conflict with security erupted at one point, and it is unknown whether or not the clowns escalated before or after security did, and if they went overboard.

Additional Information: The head of clowns distributed AA to all clowns, it was argued that this was done as a response to security using lethals and/or xenos. However, this isn’t confirmed in the initial thread. I would begin investigations here.

Allright, I’ve been delaying this long enough and managed to get enough time to deal with this rather large report.

Firstly, let’s discuss the clown HOP actions:
_He opened more clown slots and set it to prio, then gave them extended access:
(Please excuse the format used here, it’s from my notes as I think posting walls of logs is hardly efficient°

19:28 Trappist-1 \ Grin Fandango \ Clown \ NONE \ LATEJOIN
->19:32 sci / rnd / med /kitchen /hydro / jannie / lib / lawyer / cargo / engie
19:35 Dejaku51 \ Chuckles \ Clown \ NONE \ LATEJOIN
19:40 Liidero \ Laffing \ Clown \ NONE \ LATEJOIN
->20:09 Sci / rd / med / engie / maints / brig /weapon permit / sec /bridge / cargo /kitchen / bar / hydro
19:42 Spacegoat \ Bese Moth \ Clown \ NONE \ LATEJOIN
->19:47 aux / construction / maint / engie / sci / RnD lab / med / kitchen / bar

So, what we see here is a clown HOP giving rather heavily extended access to his clowns, he did RP as a head of clowns and that was part of the gimmick.
The clown’s HOP also made “masterkeys” for departments, I couldn’t establish if they were used but that’s a pretty bad thing to do.

By that point the HOS gets involved, arrest the HOP clown, confiscate IDs, he do goes a bit overboard, but there was a lot of clown so whatever.
A bit later, a clown gets into the HOP’s office and finds AA in the console…use it to give themselves AA in customs, by that point sec did shitsec a bit to get the clowns under control, but giving yourself AA is self antagging and I don’t feel it’s warranted with the situation.

[2023-02-07 20:16:10.504] ID: Trappist-1/(Grin Fandango) assigned /datum/job/captain job to the silver identification card, overriding all previous access using the identification card (Captain) at Customs (145, 188, 2).

it gets worse, AA is now leaked and spreads:

[2023-02-07 20:24:46.639] ID: Will2survive/(Eustace Beail) added Kitchen to Gogo The Mistake’s ID Card (Clown) using the identification card (Captain) at Head of Personnel’s Office (140, 129, 2).
[2023-02-07 20:25:13.764] ID: Cyaneclipse9087/(Gogo The Mistake) removed Security Records from Gogo The Mistake’s ID Card (Clown) using the identification card (Captain) at Head of Personnel’s Office (140, 128, 2).

Self-service AA in response to a mild xenos threat:

[2023-02-07 20:25:40.867] ID: Killermankey/(Robert McHonk) assigned /datum/job/captain job to Holden Rathen’s ID Card (Lawyer), overriding all previous access using the identification card (Captain) at Head of Personnel’s Office (139, 129, 2).
[2023-02-07 20:25:40.867] ID: Killermankey/(Robert McHonk) assigned /datum/job/captain job to Holden Rathen’s ID Card (Lawyer)
[2023-02-07 20:25:59.464] ID: Killermankey/(Robert McHonk) assigned /datum/job/captain job to Iga’s ID Card (Quartermaster
[2023-02-07 20:26:20.975] ID: Killermankey/(Robert McHonk) assigned /datum/job/captain job to S.P.A.R.4ky’s ID Card
[2023-02-07 20:26:44.464] ID: Killermankey/(Robert McHonk) assigned /datum/job/captain job to Eustace Beail’s ID Card (Cook)
[2023-02-07 20:27:10.803] ID: Bigmogus/(Kaylee Whiteman) removed Keycode Auth. from Kaylee Whiteman’s ID Card (Medical Doctor) using the identification card (Captain) at Head of Personnel’s Office (140, 127, 2).
[2023-02-07 20:38:26.090] ID: Thom_seagal/(Mike Osborn) added Brig Physician to Mike Osborn’s ID Card (Security Officer) using Robert McHonk’s ID Card (Head of Clowns) at Head of Personnel’s Office (140, 128, 2).

Okay? Personnally I don’t think it was worth AA, but I’ll give players in round who had to deal with it the final say if they really needed AA.

So…with all those logs and after spending way too much time trying to establish a clear picture, I’ve reached the conclusion the clown’s HOP is at fault, his gimmick wasn’t properly executed, it was good as long as it was funny, but they’re inherently at fault for making AA, not properly securing it etc…
The player has a loooong history, but due to the age of the report and no recent notes, it’ll stay a note.

The clown who gave himself AA will be noted accordingly.
I’ve left a lot of stuff out of this breakdown, the sheer amount of logs made processing it slow (notably escalation beetween sec and clown, in the end sec was within their right to stop the clowns with semi AA pranking around (trespass and such) and going after the clown’s HOP).

As for it escalating to gulagging, intent was to send them to mine their sentence away, fair with the amount of pranking and pain sec had to deal with.
Faulty officers were already handled in another report.

NB: The gimmick was funny for a bit, there is some good logs in there, but too many clowns pranking around with heavily extended access and no supervision…not a good idea.