Multiple CKEY, Player Report

CKEY: CFWMagic

Your Discord: N/A

Offender’s CKEY: Multiple/Unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Kurt Hairpin (CE), Makes-The-Revolution (HoS), Barney Beardlin (Captain).

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 2022-05-18

Round Number: 38154

Rules Broken: 1.3 (Captain, HOS, CE), 3.2 (HOS), 7.5 (CE), 8 (CE), 9 (CE), 12 (Captain, HOS, CE).

Incident Description: Kurt Hairpin, as the Chief Engineer, dressed up as a Greytider, he violently abducted the chef (Flashed, Ziptied, flashed me when I attempted to grab the chef and run away with them) then proceeded to operate on them, allegedly inserting explosives in their body. They were reported to HoS and Captain, who not only proceeded to ignore it but explicitly allowed the CE to do this.

Additional Information: Megadd, a t the time, has said that it has been dealt with so I didn’t attempt to do anything further beyond a-helping it. Yet despite that, the CE was allowed to keep on self-antagging without consequences. I’d like Megadd’s input in this one on as to why the CE was allowed to self antag.

1 Like

I believe this was handled in-round by other admins/moderators.

i think the acting HoS ( lea white who was the warden before hand) also knew about this and possibly encouraged this behaviour

It was supposed to, yeah, Megadd said he handled it. Yet, not 15 minutes later, the very same CE started looking for the clown to do the same thing to (the clown at the time Cryo’d and thus was not griefed by CE)

it was handled inround but i from what i can see he never got any IC punsihment from the heads and to from the report made here it seems he had been activly encouraged to do this futher.
I dont think any head of staff should just kidnap crew members and play pranks on them thats has to the other person no clear sign of this is a prank. I just witnessed the cook being abducted by the CE, brought to a room, operated in with the knowledge hey you got a bomb inside you good luck. the CE also locked the Room ( the Cook had no idea this was a prank which is understandable) the cook got rescued by the brig physician, a officer and a engineer shortly afterwards tho.
the CE also informed the acting HoS Lea white thats they should watch it.

edit: i think the CE should have gotten OOC punishment regardless of Ic punsihement as head of staff are to be held to higher standarts and i woudl think not even for the clown would such a prank be cool

2 Likes

That and aside from the CE openly self-antagging, I feel like the Captain, HoS and Acting HoS completely disregarding SOP, Head Conduct and RP rules is also something that should be looked into. The CE wouldn’t be able to grief people if the Captain and HoS actually did their job and acted upon it when it was first reported.

EDIT:

TL;DR: Heads of Staff are supposed to be held to higher standards. HoS and Cap disregarding CE kidnapping and force-operating on people on green alert is not that. The CE is at fault for griefing in the first place, but the HoS and Captain are just as much at fault for pointing and laughing instead of doing their jobs.

2 Likes

I handled this in round with roxy. I‘ll look into this situation once again but we did deem it more or less IC after considering all the context surrounding it.
You might ask, how can this be IC?!. And that‘s fine, i will look into this situation again, confirm it with the logs and then give an explanation/change.

So, all of command refusing to do their jobs to instead grief a random chef is an “IC issue”? … Let me get this straight. Blatant, open griefing, accompanied by Command staff enabling said griefing, breaking half of the rules … Is an IC issue? I’ll bite my tongue, because “how can this be IC?!” doesn’t even begin to describe what I actually want to ask …

No. Actually I’ll ask the question. In a contained manner. Could you clarify, please, what is the point of rules if the very same people making them refuse to enforce them? The rules are very clear. There is no IC excuse for griefing, especially not for a Head of Staff. Insanity and/or boredom isn’t a valid reason to randomly grief people. ESPECIALLY not as a Head of Staff. On top of that, Heads actually REFUSING to do their job and deal with the self-antagging Chief Engineer breaks quite a few rules. And of course, kidnapping someone randomly and cutting them open is against the self-antag rule. Despite ALL of these broken rules … It’s going to be waived?

I’m sorry if this is some loaded questionning, but I genuinely do not understand why a staff team which claims to uphold roleplay standards allows blatant LRP and griefing. I genuinely don’t understand what is the point of these rules if the administration itself is going to completely ignore them. It’s fine if you want to Rule 0 and allow no RP, low-effort light-griefing. But then why claim that it’s against the rules if you’re going to be encouraging and endorsing it? I genuinely don’t understand the duality here, because what this looks, sounds and feels like, is that you’re doing the exact opposite of BeeStation’s stated goal. Help me understand how allowing CE to do zero-RP self-antag without any consequences is a good RP standard, because I genuinely can not understand it.

Of course. “Rule 0, because I said so” is always an option. But then don’t you realize that this kind of behavior is what deligitimizes Bee rules in the first place? People watch you let the CE light-grief and LRP … And then do exactly the same thing. You don’t owe me any answers at all (and that is mentionned in the Admin conduct, anyway), but by God, do you realize how utterly insane this sounds?

5 Likes

Uhh magic, i suggest just chill a bit and wait for fresh explanation, they already here anyway.

1 Like

Yeah. That’s what I’ll do. I’ll bite my tongue for now. It’s just that the duality is so staggering that I’m starting to question my own sanity here. How do I even interpret and follow the rules, if Rule As Intended is the exact opposite of Rule As Written?

Rule 9 says explicitly, do not self antag. But I’m told that the CE did nothing wrong by doing exactly that? Rule 3 explicitly says, do your job. You may take breaks, or take your time, but actually do your job. But I’m told that Command who explicitly refused to do just that, is perfectly acceptable? Rule 12 explicitly states that Heads of Staff are held to higher standards, but I’m told that CE is perfectly fine with doing something for which normally even a clown would have some serious consequences?

Of course, Rule 0 says that admins can waive any rules as they desire, at any point, but are also held responsible for their decisions and verdicts … Does the Rule As Intended means: Admins can completely disregard the vast majority of rules?

More importantly … How do you connect all this to improving roleplay and gameplay? Am I insane? Am I losing my mind? Am I a schizophrenic? I feel like I’m either being made a fool of, or I’m genuinely insane … Of course it would be frustrating. But you’re right. Being frustrated about it is not going to fix the issue. It’s just that it’s really hard to understand when you’re being told one thing, but then witness diametrically opposite actions.

1 Like

Could it be that maybe… just maybe… you lack the surrounding context?

Either way i‘ll look into this again and check if the marking as IC was valid, as i said above.

1 Like

Right. There’s more things I want to ask, but I’ll shut up and let you do your job now. Thanks.

1 Like

Fresh if you need my side of the story please do tell.

I’m going to have to postpone this a little further. I have alot of things going on in real life at the moment. Not that we’re in a hurry either way though.

2 Likes

take your time fresh i am nto rushing you

3 Likes

Alright lets break this down. Sorry for the insane delays.

Logs
Engine logs

CE saylogs

CE Bwoink logs
Line 325: Line 7185: [2022-05-18 15:33:20.020] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus)->Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin): Hey, got a minute.
Line 326: Line 7199: [2022-05-18 15:33:26.887] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin)->Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus): yes, just one moment
Line 329: Line 7342: [2022-05-18 15:34:30.510] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus)->Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin): Why did you kidnap the chef, and then proceed to do surgery on him.
Line 331: Line 7423: [2022-05-18 15:35:08.487] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin)->Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus): it's a game, sanctioned by the hos and hop, we're doing a remake of saw, no harm, just a little game, I've tossed the paper behind me, it will explain everything
Line 372: Line 8306: [2022-05-18 15:41:34.182] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus)->Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin): Right, basically a harmless prank. Next time however make sure you get IC consent, or at the bare minimum LOOC consent.
Line 374: Line 8338: [2022-05-18 15:41:48.415] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin)->Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus): will do, I got the hop and hos consent
Line 377: Line 8364: [2022-05-18 15:41:58.141] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus)->Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin): I mean from the person you kidnap-
Line 378: Line 8379: [2022-05-18 15:42:05.189] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin)->Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus): oh. I see
Line 400: Line 8837: [2022-05-18 15:45:10.046] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #13: Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin): sad, I know the cook would have gotten a blast out of it, but I understand. thanks for not banning me!
Line 401: Line 8838: [2022-05-18 15:45:10.046] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #13: Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin): sad, I know the cook would have gotten a blast out of it, but I understand. thanks for not banning - heard by 5 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
Line 433: Line 10142: [2022-05-18 15:55:32.154] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #19: Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin): alright so most of command is on board, they want to try this again on the clown. can I kidnap him, take him to the room, ask in looc if he consents and if he says no I'll release him?
Line 434: Line 10143: [2022-05-18 15:55:32.154] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #19: Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin): alright so most of command is on board, they want to try this again on the clown. can I kidnap him, - heard by 5 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
Line 437: Line 10229: [2022-05-18 15:56:21.952] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus)->Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin): Right, that sounds fine to me.
Line 438: Line 10241: [2022-05-18 15:56:26.345] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Xxchromechops/(Kurt Hairpin)->Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus): thanks!
Bwoink logs of the chef
Line 135: Line 191: Line 7587: [2022-05-18 15:36:17.835] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus)->AdmiralNelson/(Blake Prescott): Hey, did you agree to the thing with the CE?
Line 137: Line 193: Line 7656: [2022-05-18 15:36:48.991] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: AdmiralNelson/(Blake Prescott)->Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus): not at all, but i want to see what he has done
Line 147: Line 211: Line 7865: [2022-05-18 15:38:22.561] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus)->AdmiralNelson/(Blake Prescott): Right that's gonna be hard at this point. Thanks for telling me.
Line 148: Line 214: Line 7884: [2022-05-18 15:38:30.321] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: AdmiralNelson/(Blake Prescott)->Sappho■■■■■/(Drujha-Caleeseus): sure

So what happened was that the CE decided to run a gimmick. The gimmick revolved around them getting a crewmember, inserting a device hooked up to a signaler into them. And then leave them in a room with 5 other signalers. One signaler would open the door to let them out while the other 4 would activate the device. All of that was described and explained on a paper that they left in the room, including the riddle to find out which one was the right signaler. We at first were pretty scared that the inserted device was a bomb, or a minor chem bomb. But it turned out that the device would just inject a small amount of bathsalts while also injecting a big amount of mannitol/neurine. So basically only a bit of harmless fun.
After bwoinking the chef they also answered that they were interested to see to where it goes so didn’t seem to have a bad experience either. The bad part here is that they obviously kidnapped someone without asking for consent and also ignored their duties as a CE.
We looked into that and the engine was fully set up and producing power while also the station integrity was completely fine. The part about not asking for consent is what we warned them about. Now looking back this warning probably should’ve been recorded with a note as a reminder.

I hope it’s understandable to you that we did not deem this to be worthy of punishment but considered that a warning was sufficient. Both involved parties didn’t have a bad experience and there was no actual harm coming out of the situation. Thanks for the report and a note has been applied to record what I said in here.

Report accepted