MRP Devil Removal

As someone who just played devil for one and a half hours where only two people signed, and the rest either politely declined or just ignored me, I can corroborate that devil is not fun in a solo round on lowpop, it needs to be either highpop only or combo tators only.

IN FACT, Devil is arguably built for mid/high pop because it incorporates so many different roles in how it can be defeated. I already know that the curator has a codex giga to find the devil’s weakness, but chaps are left to fight them head on most times and lawyers are meant to get souls back. Most of these are jobs not taken in a lowpop MRP server.

In terms of probability, Devil is somewhat unlikely to show up. But the fact that it does not have a minimum requirements can make it more likely in low-pop situations. I can add a minimum pop to it, but I’m a little unsure what the minimum should be. Thinking somewhere between 10-15. Give me some opinions on this, I’ve added a poll below as well.

0 voters

arguably the only gamemode on MRP should be traitors because it has shown by far that traitors are the most versatile antagonist and is the most well rounded with the least detractors, compared to some other antagonists

devils is fundamentally flawed, as we’re discussing here

blood brothers generally leads to a lot of greytiding due to how many of them spawn, i remember a round with 30 people where like, 4 of them were traitors and there were 4-5 blood brother teams, which was just fucking mass chaos because literally 1/3 of the station crew was syndicate

we all know how fucking cancerous changelings can be

gangs usually never gets far along enough for the end game domination to even occur, let alone be an issue for the crew

i remember ONE cult round on MRP, security and the captain fucking descended upon them roundstart, killing literally all of the cultists, and the braptan hid in his bathroom for the rest of the round as the shuttle was arriving because he was convinced that the cult was looking for him

i would know, because i was the captain

please for the love of god make devil just disabled or have a min pop of like 20

it’s especially cringey when there aren’t even enough people on the station to fulfill your objectives

like if there’s only 5 people on the station (which is somewhat common) but your objectives state you need 7 souls

whoops

Alright. The votes are in. Devil will only show up with 20+ pop.

i mean like, arguably, devils ought to just be disabled entirely, there’s a reason why it’s not in the normal rotation in other servers anyways

Holy shit I didn’t expect this to work and I’m glad it was changed to be based on player count.

I still feel devil needs to be completely overhauled or removed outright. The gamemode is just too fundamentally flawed to be interesting and just flat-out doesn’t work in LRP settings, and barely works in MRP.

By signing this contract below, you agree to the terms and conditions of removing the “Devil” round type from the BeeStation server, “Sage.”

Sign here: %s

to be real with you i did say why it got removed from the rotation on other servers too

to be real with you I’m just upset we didn’t remove it for those exact reasons sooner

to be real with you devils is fundamentally flawed at its core and doesn’t take into account simple human nature

The main problem with devil is people see the downside of the powers, and they elevate that and consider it not worth the upsides

That’s what I’ve been saying reeeeeeeeee

The tentacle man himself is here to bless us with his coderbus knowledge.

I mean… people have their opinions, whatever the outcome I’m supportive.