MrEloda re Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
MrEloda

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
MrEloda#0166

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):
I’m always online at around 12h, or 18h for me since i live in France, and stay online for 6 to 8 hours.

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
Not much really, just want people to enjoy the game.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:
I was moderator before but after a mistake i did i decided to chicken out and hide my head under my pillow. But beside that i really enjoyed helping people and doing fun little interactions with people. That’s also how i normally play the game.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
3 years.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
A long time, but recently i’ve played around 500h

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
6, i know some stuff but as robust as a dried twig.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):
Maybe 8 ? Overall players really enjoyed what i did.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Trial Admin on this very server.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
Nope

Your strengths:
I’m pretty calm and naturally want to be helpful.

Your weaknesses:
As i experienced last time i can be overwhelmed and lose motivation when bad stuff happen.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
No, perhaps it saddens me but not anger.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Listenning and talking to people around you, it’s important to learn and assess a situation.

What makes a staff team good?:
Well the same as any other team, working together and perhaps being good at a certain thing. Like that the big organism that is the staff has many things that it is good in.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
Make the game enjoyable, be it by good moderation or interactions with the community.

What kind of player are you?:
I just want to have fun interacting with people and the many game mechanics.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Well change will depend on what happens to me but right now my goal should be to try to stay calm in very stressful situations.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Well need to have multiple things in mind. LRP or MRP, Traitor or not, Objective to assasinate HoS or not, and the notices of the player. Make sure to spawn back any traitor objective that the HoS might have on him.
So clown is traitor, need to kill HoS no problem.
Traitor but didn’t need to kill HoS, if it’s LRP no problem as long as it’s not some kind of killing spree, maybe make an note but that’s it. If it’s MRP then little slap on the wrist, maybe a little ban if his notes say that he often do stuff like that.
If not a traitor the clown will get a ban, maybe small or perma depending on his circustances and past notes.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Well either he gives a really good explanation or it’s a perma, clear grieffing.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Well it’s an incident, not a lot of damage for other players and it’s still RP.
Maybe tell the guy why he exploded but beside that not much.

Im sorry to say this, im not an admin but… golden is dead, let it go man

3 Likes

Sheit, didn’t know golden died. Rest in peperonni.
Well i never played again on LRP when i discovered Sage.

You were demoted after being confronted about reports piling up against you and after you shitspawned for unknown reason. I don’t believe you should be trusted again just yet.

I missunderstood the dynamic admeme round.
Yes true, i did fucked up here.

Unfortunately I cannot give a positive score since the previous infraction.

I am going to have to mark it a -1.

Sorry Eloda.

Too bad, thought it would be ok since it was more than a year ago.

It was quite a hefty reason for a demotion, I’m not sure if this wouldn’t happen again.

Well i will just have to take things more slowly and ask before doing things like that.

And i believe the biggest reason i was demoted was that i decided to stop responding to messages and didn’t play the game for a few months.
That’s what i refferenced when i said “putting my head under my pillow”.

Personally I find the way you responded to being called out for misconduct a lot more alarming than the actual incidents themselves.

I’m going to refrain from voting for the time being as I have no strong opinions either way due to how much time has passed, good luck.

Current tally is -2

Yeah i now know it wasn t something great to do.

+/- 0

Despite how egregious the adminbus was (twice), I had more than enough positive experience with you to know you’re a genuinely helpful person and I originally recruited you for admin because I found you observing rounds to help mentor people better.

however

You have been out of the loop for quite some time and only somewhat recently returned. Your recent activity is somewhat low and your general involvement with the community is as well.

Well it’s ok.
Maybe later then ?

1 Like

For me at least. It’s gonna take some extra convincing for others.

Any ideas on how i could redeem myself ?
Like i know what i did was a big breach of trust and it seems time wasn’t enough to be forgiven so wondering if there is anything i could do.

Thank you for applying.

Unfortunately. At this time we dont quite feel comfortable accepting this. Please re-apply when you have more recent play time in the future.

I’m not a admin.
But its been a week and no one has given you a response, so I will.

If you truly want to reenter this community and gain its trust back, you are going to have to climb up the ladder again.
With the added weight of the general mistrust, its all you can really do if you wish to become admin/mod again.

This is important. A good way to get back into good graces is through:

1. Update yourself with all that has changed since you have been gone. We have numerous numerous updates you need to get in on including Supercruise, Basic changes to viro and science, New stations, etc. There is a LOT.

2. Apply for mentor. It will be a good milestone for your progress and supports the fundamental reason you brought up for this admin app.

3. Apply for admin.

This is a several month plan.
Good luck :sunglasses:

1 Like