MrEloda Mentor Application 2

**Your CKEY:**MrEloda

**Your Discord:**MrEloda#0166

**How long have you been playing ss13?:**A bit over 2 years, but played actively for only 1.

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?:

Game Experience (More Detailed): I know quite a bit about all the service jobs, medical field, science and other not too evident mechanics of the game.
My biggest weaknesses though are virology, Setting SM, Atmos and general taitor things.
Except for virology and traitor stuff i tried to put my mind into it but they are just too complicated for my smooth brain.
I find quite a bit of joy in helping others and becoming a mentor will also help me learn more through the questions and answers of other mentors.

For the question that you will ask, am i obligated to answer them by head ?
Because for some of the most complicated, my brain is far from a calculator and i will definately need some researches with the help of google.

Edit:
Here is a screenshot of my playtime.

1 Like

I don’t know fella, people usually ask questions about engineering and atmos because they are the most confusing, maybe look at pipe and iron for 10 hours and then apply?

1 Like

Oof.
Can’t they just ask about nanites or general greytide life hacks ?
x)

2 Likes

tumbleweed

2 Likes

Ghosted post Ghosted post :ghost:

1 Like

Quite a spooky place this post.
Nobody wanna come.

1 Like

You left the server 1 year ago, it would be nice if an admin posted your activity.

1 Like

Enough hours and knowledge to be a mentor

1 Like

Activity from the past 4 months. (June 11 - Oct 11)

1 Like

assistant hours a bit low but I’ll shoot you a +1

3 Likes

questions oh questions

• How do you setup a TEG?
  • Can you mount things onto a wall as a cyborg?
  • For exploration, what all can be scanned with a discovery scanner?
  • Can you fire stechkin without a magazine?
  • Whats the difference between green glow radiation and not green glow radation?
1 Like

Wohoo, i don’t play a lot of engie and atmos but:

• How do you setup TEG
    I don’t even know what that is.

• Can you mount things onto a wall as a cyborg?
    I believe you can, otherwise engyborgs couldn’t make apc’s, and i believe i saw one make an APC a long time ago but memory is fusy.

• For exploration, what all can be scanned with a discovery scanner?
    Any xeno wildlife like spiders and xenomorphs, also anomalies but i’m not too sure about that.

• Can you fire stechkin without a magazine?
    Only the last bullet that’s still in the chamber.

• Whats the difference between green glow radiation and not green glow radation?
    Glowing radiation means that the thing is so irradiated it starts contaminating the things around it if i understood it correctly.

1 Like

Answers are okay, +0.5 from me,

• TEG is the thermoeletric generator, which generates power from tempature differences
  • Use a screwdriver on the thing you want to mount onto the wall, while facing the wall and being on the same tile as the thing
  • Any and all simplemobs can be scanned, this includes pets, xenobio monsters, slimes, megafauna, and everything on exploration ruins. Anomalies cant be scanned, i dont belive, artifacts can be.

Other answers are correct
T +1.5

1 Like

Doing some necromancy to unbury the thread.

2 Likes

I’ll throw this into the discord mentor ERP channel real quick

2 Likes

Anyone to ask questions ?
dance-dancing

2 Likes

Hours look decent. You’ll probably want to work on learning how to set up SM and atmos though. (Unless you have already). +1

1 Like

nice “review” dallas. hehe just joking

Ahem

• player asks how to disguise as an AYYlien. your answer?

• what do the skull medhud icon on a body mean… what if you find it on a living one

• what does coriine do

• a player asks if its ok to maxcap the bridge to kill a single target. your answer

• how does one aquire silk

• moff or felind

2 Likes

I’ve only played abductor once as an agent, from what i remember the scientist scanned someone on his console, then he just set the disguise and the abductor agent just as to click on an icon on the upper left corner of the screen to put on the disguise.

Means that they are dead and can’t be revived, if found on a living person it might just be that they are an undead or used that weird chem that make you appear dead, zombie powder i believe ?

No idea what that is, a chemical of some kind ?
If you meant neurine it cures minor brain traumas.

Questions regarding the rules are to be asked in adminhelp, but i would said that maxcaping bridge is overkill for a single target and is considered grieffing if you don’t have a martyrdom objective or are not SPECIFICALY asked to by a superior force like for exemple you re a slaved golem and your creator asked to, or you’re hypnotised or even have a custom objective from admin. And even the it needs to be specifically maxcap bridge or cause as much damage as you can.
Since in this case the fault wouldn’t lie in you but the dude who asked you to do it.

I believe it has something to do with spiders but i’ve never known more than that.
Edit: Just found you asked the same question somewhere else but you were wrong with your answer. The thing you get from using cotton on a loom is not silk but cloth. Silk is a natural fiber extracted from animals such as silkworms or spiders. Cloth is a plant based fiber.

Moff

1 Like

I’ve only played abductor once as an agent, from what i remember the scientist scanned someone on his console, then he just set the disguise and the abductor agent just as to click on an icon on the upper left corner of the screen to put on the disguise.

correct

Means that they are dead and can’t be revived, if found on a living person it might just be that they are an undead or used that weird chem that make you appear dead, zombie powder i believe ?

yes and also. newer players tend to lump the decayed corpse and max threat dissease together
granted they are pretty simular when decribed over

No idea what that is, a chemical of some kind ?
If you meant neurine it cures minor brain traumas.

fair its a rare “heart poison” . questions for obscure chems/stats are rare but still important to answer. even if one doesnt know the answer it would be nice to learn how to code dive for obscure/specific information

Questions regarding the rules are to be asked in adminhelp, but i would said that maxcaping bridge is overkill for a single target and is considered grieffing if you don’t have a martyrdom objective or are not SPECIFICALY asked to by a superior force like for exemple you re a slaved golem and your creator asked to, or you’re hypnotised or even have a custom objective from admin. And even the it needs to be specifically maxcap bridge or cause as much damage as you can.
Since in this case the fault wouldn’t lie in you but the dude who asked you to do it.

good answer

I believe it has something to do with spiders but i’ve never known more than that.
Edit: Just found you asked the same question somewhere else but you were wrong with your answer. The thing you get from using cotton on a loom is not silk but cloth. Silk is a natural fiber extracted from animals such as silkworms or spiders. Cloth is a plant based fiber.

and you can turn said cloth into cloth silk (bit more planty) but it works good enough.
although i admit i often forget that intermediary part

Moff

moff +0.5

all and all acceptable answers give you a +0.5
making a +1 from me

2 Likes