Moth naming scheme rules needs to change

I think any latin species name of any plant/animal (except pine)

best moff name, Lampra cloffmuncher

So i can name my moth Shit as long as its in Latin

1 Like

Unless you know what you talking about with Latin, no one will know what your name means.

Easy filter bypass.

(Since all filter bypass words do not exist in Latin this point is purely a joke.)

Sussus Amogus

5 Likes

maybe not filter bypass but you could put “kill blacks” or “kill whites” as name in latin and they also wouldn’t know

You learn those words in highschool latin, im pretty sure at least one person would pick up on it

Justice for my man sandal, even if hes a pain in the ass

Ecclesiastical Latin =/= Classical Latin

Big brain time.

Highschool Latin classes teach Classical Latin.

I tried and it got ignored so… :man_shrugging:

huh I wonder what black in Latin is
I sure hope it’s not an already banned word

1 Like

I mean saying it would get me banned so just use the Latin word for African peoples.

there is no word for African in Latin, so “I hate Africans” inatin would be “Odi Africani” which is still quite sus

One second. Let me check the Latin to English Dictionary i actually have.

From Latin Āfrica , from Āfrī , singular Āfer (inhabitant of the country of Carthage), in turn either from:

Couldnt find it in the Dictionary. Wikionary is the next best thing.

Why not a mix? Can have one english word and latin? I dont have a better idea for replacement, but I will admit I cannot distinguish different moth names from each other. They all blur together cause I dont speak latin. It’s kind of like if they were all named in binary 101010101

I am in favor of naming schemes and uniformity so I agree with no exceptions, but something like Sandalius etc seems fine. Pseudo-latin maybe instead of real latin?

May as well copy paste this here seeing as it was drowned out/unseen. It’s from my topic concerning all xeno guidelines.

Would suck to have the simple names vanish, why not let this be the “in universe” reason.

ah yes because filter bypassing only matters if it’s about black people

aren’t you being racist by discriminating by color? checkmate lib

Animal species are named in Latin. Moths are animals and Latin makes names that sound like they would belong to a moth.

I yearn for the day when I can once again roam the halls of ss13 as Joe Joe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.