Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Bamhalazam
Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Bamhalazam #1477
How often are you online to help? (Timezone): GMT +2/EEST 16:00 to 21:00
What changes, if any, would you bring?: Increased player freedom in regards to cooperating with antagonists. It brings more dynamicity to the round.
How old are you?: 21
Why do you want to be a moderator?: I was asked to make an app and the current admins show up once in a full moon.
How long have you been playing SS13?: Three years.
How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Also three years, if I am correct, I started in summer.
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: Solid 8. I can win a fair bit of fistfights and survive.
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): I would rate myself as a 6. I personally do not consider myself great but I have a tad bit of experience. Just a bit.
Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I currently work in warehouse admin however I am quite new to it, have helped host fencing championships and I have been on a few mod dev staff rosters. Also discord servers but weighing 500kg is not my forte.
Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I do not.
Your strengths: Detachment from people yet ability to understand them, empathy, independence, proactiveness.
Your weaknesses: Fear of speaking out, overt memery, bad sense of humour. Adminbus.
Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: It has not happened online, but people putting words in my mouth and thoughts in my head boils my blood.
What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Reliability and level-headedness.
What makes a staff team good?: The ability to coordinate and have the energy to brainstorm and overcome any and all issues they are presented with in my opinion are the most important. There are a plethora other of reasons like the fitting in of staff among eachother to avoid internal conflict. If an imposter that divides the team does get in, it will be reflected on the player experience. Negatively.
What is a staff team’s purpose?: It is to direct the game in an enjoyable direction, both in game and in overall changes. It is to administrate.
What kind of player are you?: I am the type of player to start a ponzi scheme and riot after court to mask my true activity which is killing my competitor using an assassin that I myself framed in order to divert attention away from the murder and then use my position to get off scot free and drink with the late victim’s friend thus gaining their trust.
How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I do not know, I might change, I might not. I will theorize though; I think I will settle down with my shitty humour and start acting more responsibly and representatively… as I did when I got on NSV staff.
The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Flowchart time.
Is the clown an antag?
- If yes, sure, go ahead. Your time to shine.
- If not an antag, proceed below.
Did the HoS ahelp?
- If yes, then ask them to tell their side of the story. Open an ahelp with the clown and ask why they did it too, ask them too the events that led up to it.
- Was the HoS being an ass, perhaps? Or was clown up to helping someone else?
SS13 is such a dynamic game that any action could be connected to any and I mean ANY other event going on, all at the same time, you gotta review everything you can and judge case by case, falling upon the rules to enforce them. I digress though.
If this was blatant griefing backed by logs, without any effort to explain it from clown, warn them. If there is IC reason, keep it IC. Have the HoS arrest him or something, idk, his gun, his rules.
A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Do we want to roleplay? Here goes:
—Admin PM from ChainSmokerAndOpiateAddict425(me)(im undercover)—
- ME: What do you think you’re doing, chief?
- SABOTEUR: I umm uh am dragging this canister to toxins sir.
- ME: Chief, I can see what you are doing, you know that, right? That is an open plasma tank going through the halls. In addition, I can SEE the piping in atmos.
- ME: screenshots atmos trit fire for a funny meme later
- SABOTEUR: Pipes? What pipes? I never touched any pipes. I am taking this can to toxins.
- ME: inquisitively looking at the pipes and logs stating that he did, in fact do it. Mate, there are atmos alarms going off around you, what with the plasma you are releasing, you are forcing firelocks open AND there are logs of you doing what you just said, contradicting your statement. I do not like liars. I will be issuing a ban in accordance with rule 9, if you do not know what that is, here are the rules, read them when you want to get unbanned on our forums. Other than that, have a good day.
A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: I just check logs to see what chem caused the explosion. Nobody except the chemist was harmed so it’s really an IC issue. Medical exists, they can heal him. Engineering can fix the hole. Security can investigate and charge him. I would also probably aPM them with advice to use stabilizing reagent next time. It is the chemist’s God and coder-given right to mix whatever they want in their machines for legit purposes.
P.S. I am very well aware and so are you!