Ban Type:
Server
Ban Length:
2 weeks
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023-02-24 09:45:20
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Validhunting and powergaming. As an explorer, carried around several weapons they’ve found on derelicts and a flash. Used them on a crewmember who shoved them and stole their gun. Also wordlessly gunned down a morph. This ban was created as a result of the following player report - Unknown CKEY validhunting/powergaming Player Report part 2
Appeal Reason:
First, I know now that i shouldn’t have done the stuff i did, and that was mostly out of overconfidence that i knew the rules well enough, since i’ve only started playing SS13 again after a long break very recently. (I also have trouble remembering stuff, so some things might be wrong)

For the powergaming part of the ban, I was under the impression that i was allowed to keep the weapons that I found on derelicts since beepsky wasn’t arresting me for having the egun i found out, again because i didn’t read the rules and SOP as closely as i should have.

Using lethals against the person shoving me was again because i just didn’t see the escalation part of the rules. It started when they started causing trouble in the bar, so i shot them with a taser, then they shoved me onto a table, stole the gun, then ran off with it, which at the time i thought it was ok to use lethals to try to scare them into giving me the egun back. I genuinely didn’t know getting into a fight with them with lethals was against the rules, and I thought it was only against the rules if i actually killed them. (Also the reason i was carrying a flash was because they tried to flash me, so i stole their flash when i knocked them down)

The validhunting the morph part was just out of confusion on how morphs worked, I didn’t know they were a role that could talk or you could really RP as or interact with, and that they weren’t supposed to be killed by anyone that saw them. I also didn’t want to go out of my way to hunt after it, I only killed it because it ran into the bar in my direction and it scared me, and I thought it might try to kill me.
Additional Information:
Even if I don’t get unbanned, i’ll try to do better with following rules in the future, but thanks for reading anyways. I also might not be able to reply to anything for a couple days since i’m not going to be at home for a couple days.

1 Like

Except, you know, you got told by the Captain themselves to stop carrying around so many guns. And yet you did it anyway. Also for what IC reason were you carrying around that many guns on the station?

Quotes like this really don't inspire confidence
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "because i fucking feel like having it out" (Bar (130, 128, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "i have 3 different guns" (Bar (130, 128, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "i just killed a morph" (Bar (134, 128, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "and your first instinct was to steal my gun" (Bar (134, 128, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "stay out of my bar" (Bar (134, 128, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "listen" (Bar (134, 128, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "i killed a morph with it" (Bar (134, 128, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "i earned it" (Bar (134, 128, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "i am not" (Bar (133, 128, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "i killed it" (Bar (133, 128, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "i earned it" (Bar (133, 128, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "your officer" (Kitchen (135, 123, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "is getting killed by a monkey" (Kitchen (135, 123, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "that is embarassing" (Kitchen (134, 122, 2))
SAY: Misha600/(Albert Crabblesnitch) "this is why i pack heat" (Kitchen (135, 121, 2))

Then you should go and re-read them.

Rule one of our server is ‘You Must Roleplay’

Are you here to roleplay?

i am here to rp, at the time i thought what i was doing at the time was within the rules, i’ve read them closely again and i understand them better now.
And for the rping with the morph part, i was just confused on how morphs worked at the time, i didn’t know you could interact with it and i thought it was just a murderbone thing like blobs

again im sorry about this, i’ll do better in the future

Alright. I’ll be reducing the ban’s duration to one week, this should give you plenty of time to figure out what roleplaying means to you and maybe develop a character whose IC motivations you’ll use rather than having a self-insert.