Minelol76's Admin Application: Legal!

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Minelol76; NodamicDestructor19.

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): I was#0076

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): I am often online at Friday, Saturday and Sunday in GMT+4

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I will bring changes along the way as I see fit, but one thing I will bring in for sure is ideas for events.

How old are you?: 18

Why do you want to be an admin?: I’ve had a sudden urge to become administrator on Beestation since 17, but my age didn’t allow it. Now, with my persistent Inspiration I wish to do a little more than mentor.

How long have you been playing SS13?: For about 2 years.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: I have been playing Beestation since 2019-08-12, with actual online hours being 885h.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 9

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 9

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Yes, I have been an admin on my own servers in discord.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: NodamicDestructor19

Your strengths: My brain is like a sponge, soaks up information left and right and keeps it in for a long time

Your weaknesses: I get very little free time to do whatever I desire

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: I do not suffer from anger management issues

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: being able to exercise excellent judgement

What makes a staff team good?: A good staff team is a happy staff team, entertaining and caring for server members like they’d treat themselves, and promoting admirable friendly behavior in community.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Staff Team has many purposes, ranging from simple administration of both discord and the game server, to developing and maintaining codebase. Staff’s primary function is, obviously, give out punishment to rule breakers, answer to Admin PMs and keep peace unharmed.

What kind of player are you?: I am just an active type of player,a Silicon/Command loving player with loads of comedic aspect who just can’t seem stop doing other people’s work with them.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I don’t think being a staff member will change me much, apart from being more careful and aware of what I’m saying/sending.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: According to R3: Do Not Grief; the clowns have some leeway to slip security as a joke. However, in this example the clown slipped a Head of Security AND spaced their Nanotrasen issued weapon into cold space. I would bwoink them and ask why they’ve spaced HoS’ gun. Depending on answer and attitude I will give them a note, and ask for authorization for a temporary job ban from the head admin. Also, bring back the HoS’ gun via admin shenanigans.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Here, in this example, is a clear evidence of senseless griefing of station. I start with the same type of question as in precious example: “Why?” Independent of the answer and attitude in the ticket, this breaks the third rule of Do Not Grief, and requires a permanent ban and a major note to the culprit.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: In case of inexperience with chemistry mechanics, the player has some room for pardon here, as the intent was clearly not to a break a rule and ruin a round as non-antagonist. If, in an AHELP, they admit their lack of experience as a chemist, I will simply send them a Wiki page: Guide to Chemistry and likely issue a minor-tier note. Otherwise, this is an IC issue and does not need admin internation at all.

Edit: edited to mention what tiers of notes will be applied

2 Likes

App looks nice, questions time:

Golden:

• Person breaks into bridge because ‘haha greytide station wide’, captain sees that and wordlessly unloads his gun, killing them. Said person ahelps ‘admin captain bad, killed me for no reason!!’. What do you do?
  • Non antag assistant gets AA, then proceeds to loot Captains, HoS’, CMOs and CEs locker from goodies (doesn’t take any high risk items), then takes several guns from the armoury. Any rules broken?

Sage:

• Roundstart, detective goes into brig and asks someone to open a security locker for him, then takes a lot of sec gear (sec belt, helmet), buys several energy bolas and flashes. Then starts patrolling the station, arresting anyone for even a slightest crime, and performing a full search. Any action taken?
  • Assistant dressed as a monkey, runs around the station ooking, aaking, emitting other monkey noises and smashing every piece of electronic equipment on his way. Claims he is roleplaying as a tech-hating ‘return to monke’ fanatic. Bad/good RP?

My answer: On golden’s validity system, trespassing into a high-risk places (example:Bridge, Command staff quarters and offices, Vault, Armory, AI satellite, AI upload, Virology) makes you valid to security/command, which in turn means that you are suspectable to be removed from the round by the player who found you out. This is an IC issue, and Captain was within their right to use lethal in Golden server.

My answer: This example is heavily dependant on the server population, however since that is not mentioned, I’ll not take the population into consideration. As Golden’s specific rule goes: “L2 Don’t Be Detrimental”. The player is allowed to have fun and freedom on Golden, but if said action consistently impacts the experience of other players, the admin has all rights to take action. No complaints from security or command were mentioned in example, and no high risk items were taken from lockers that would make antagonist’s life worse. As such it means no one’s experience was ruined, and no real rules were broken. This is an IC issue in my eyes, although the AA part had me suspicious.

My answer: In this example, the detective breaks two sage-specific rules: M2 No Powergaming, and M3 Do Your Job. Let me explain: M2 No Powergaming, the detective had no real IC relevance to seek out security officer’s gear since they have their own special wardrobe with all of the needed items for detective. The detective is not permitted to carry any weaponry other than their standard issue equipment roundstart (code green). The detective’s revolver and ammo are one of the notable exceptions. M3 Do Your Job, The Detective may not perform arrests or searches. Exception is made if there are no active Security Officers or a Warden. In this example, two rules are blatantly broken and SoP is ignored and all evidence is written on the face. I would bwoink them and explain their mistakes, independent of their answer and attitude, I would issue a job ban and a major-tier note, and also warn the someone who granted access to the security officer’s gear to not break the Standard operation procedure.

My answer: According to Sage-specific rule: M1: You must Role-play. You’re a professional working for a major corporation (namely Nanotrasen). Act like you want to keep your job.
Roleplaying insanity or any other mental illness as an excuse to bypass this is not allowed. Nanotrasen would not have hired you in the first place. Clowns and Mimes have some leeway, but Assistant dressed as monkey destroying every piece of electronic and being nothing but a big nuisance is a bad Role-play.

Very nice answers, altough for the second Golden question: Taking AA is fine, what isnt fine is excessive theft (looting multiple heads lockers as non antag). You can use AA to get access to departments (set up power, research tech, heal yourself/someone), but you shouldn’t just go around the station and take everything you want because you have access.

It’s a +1 from me.

T: +1

I was this close to perfection…

1 Like

While my memory tells me you were a problem greytider, your record more than proves you haven’t been for quite a while now.

+1 from me, even with the question a bit off.

1 Like

Pretty good application

It’s less about having anger managment issue and more about something that frustrates you, could be certain attitudes people have or in general people who seek to destroy the experience for others

this is a 1+ from me

1 Like

+3 in total

[ This reply needed at least 20 more characters to post ]

Could you elaborate on this?

Trial admins can apply job bans without authorization - additionally authorization for bans that need it can be given by any full-admin, it doesn’t need to be a head.

I take a calm and collected attitude in terms of administration, allowing me to think rationally and not give a potentially unfair judgement, this paired with general knowledge on how to be responsible administrator. That’s why I would rate myself as 9/10 in terms of skill

I think this score also includes using the admin tools/prior experiance in moderation. Cae gave himself a score of 8-9 and he was a returning bee admin which was very much liked by almost everyone(to the point it was considerd to give him admin tools just to host events without being a admin).

Just saying quite a bold claim

its a completly arbitrairy scoring given to yourself anyhow so just a nit pick

1 Like

This is really bold claim because you don’t have any actual SS13 administrative experience. You are not born admin, this is why we have trial periods.

3 Likes

Without any admin experience you are at most a 6/10 on admin skills. It’s literally impossible to be a 9/10 without having adminned SS13 before.

Not like the scores mean anything, but still, seems you just threw a random number in there, or are overestimating your own skills.

I wouldnt say this is a weakness applicable to being a SS13 admin.

This just seems like a half arsed answer in my opinion.

I’m just a trial admin, so I don’t get a say, but I am not a fan of this application.

1 Like

After our recent interactions where I’ve had to note you… it doesn’t feel to me like you’re ready to be an admin. I’d want to see more respect for the rules, and especially for Sage’s RP standards first. The way you conducted your side of a recent ticket for RP break and “friendly antagonizing” gave me the impression you felt like you hadn’t done anything wrong.

1 Like

After much deliberation, we have made the decision to deny this application.
While we may well give you a shot in a few months time, we do not feel like now is the moment.

Sorry about that, gamer.