Minelol76's Admin Application 2: Electric Boogaloo

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Minelol76, Nodamicdestructor19

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Deixty#7276

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Whenever I get a chance, which is usually everyday of the week thanks to virus outbreak (+3 GMT)

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I think BeeStation is already in great shape at least to my knowledge, however ideas from the community are always welcome.

How old are you?: 18

Why do you want to be an admin?: Iā€™ve been told that there is lack of admins on Bee, which caused numerous griefers ruin rounds of people who just came here to enjoy Space Station 13. This is why Iā€™d like to become an admin.

How long have you been playing SS13?: 100+hours on Paradise and extra 200+ on bee, quite a while actually.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Approximately 200h and more

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 9

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Yes, I have been an admin on other servers.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Nodamicdestructor19

Your strengths: Generally active, rather forgiving and VERY formal in case of writing.

Your weaknesses: Problems with multitasking. I have difficulty dealing with thousand tickets at once.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Fortunately, I do not have anger issues.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Most important trait for staff member in my opinion is patience, as stress can and WILL lead to unfair judgement.

What makes a staff team good?: Deduction, cooperation with other admins (in case of suggestive offense) and quick service.

What is a staff teamā€™s purpose?: Staff Teamā€™s purpose is to maintain the roundā€™s ā€œfunā€ level (whilst not going too far), disciplining self-antagonists and cheaters/exploiters and be part-time mentor for confused players to not commit bad.

What kind of player are you?: As a player, I am on very ā€˜friendlyā€™ line trying to stick to other players and ā€˜roleplayā€™ (which usually ended immediately), but also being that one person that just goes on their own and does their own stuff without interrupting anyone else.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: In my opinion, I think I will be twice as active as a staff member, and perhaps become less forgiving by the time being.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Depends on context, if HoS always had their gun out for entirety of shift without any direct threats to station, itā€™s HoS fault. However, if Clown interfered in mandatory saving of crew by dicking around at HoS and trapping everyone in inescapable doom, I think we have a problem. I do start with a message asking why he did that, receive answer, warn them and report to senior administration about this.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Thereā€™s enough information about the person that is self-antagging. Iā€™d begin with following message: ā€œWhy did you pump ENTIRE canister of plasma into hallways?ā€, Iā€™d probably receive either a baseless answer or (on very rare occasion) an apology and compliance from offender, they hey warned and temporarily banned, as for whole permanent ban, Iā€™d speak to higher ranks about this for confirmation.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: The intention clearly wasnā€™t to harm or self-antag, Iā€™d message them the following: ā€œHey, next time if youā€™re gonna do chemistry use this guide: [Insert chemistry guide here]ā€ and end of conversation.

Just checking the app out, would you mind specifying what servers youā€™ve Admined on as I can see you put your experience down as 9 for Admin.

Part of being a member of Staff I would say wouldnā€™t be to to try become ā€œless forgivingā€ Iā€™d more or less say the role itself entails to be fair with judgements you lay down whether itā€™s a ban or a note or even down to a verbal warning depending on the severity of the situation.

Alright down to questions

This would be a very IC situation, mixing potassium and water happens a little more often then normal on our server. Iā€™d say leave the bwoink unless the same player is doing it every single round.

99% of the time this is done by a griefer, but the odd 1% itā€™s done by someone who screws up by forgetting to close the valve when doing a bomb mix. Anyhow if you believe this is done by a griefer your best option is to PP and Admin-Prison them and stableising atmospherics clearing the plasma flood. Then I would start asking him why he did it, if he canā€™t come up with a decent enough answer this usually will lead to a permanent ban.

This one Iā€™d treat differently as you might be aware that the HoSā€™s gun is a traitor objective, I personally would check the antagonist panel and make sure if anybody had the objective, if that was the case I would spawn it back in the HoS office and SM the HoS and let him know that itā€™s back there and also check with the clown and see his reasoning for doing it in the first place.

Other then that the answers are not that bad, Iā€™ll throw in a +1.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been mostly administrator in discord servers, this is where Iā€™ve tried to perfect my judgement skills in action to keep the peace at place.

As for specific of servers, you know these people that themselves as military clans in video games? They have very strict policy about the server rules, deviate even by tiny bit and youā€™re out.

Hmmmmmmm.

1. LRP. An atmos tech dumps cold fusion into the SM causing entire station to die from rads.
    What are the minimum requirements for that to be IC issue?

2. 2 players spawn on the Hotel. One of them goes to the station, kidnaps a guy and returns to hotel. The other one, after discovering that, kills the first guy but does not release the kidnapped person, instead taking away his gear and disassembling teleporter console. Your actions to each of them?

3. A non-antag miner finds gluttony ruin. Uses the syringe right there, then returns to the station as morph and proceeds to successfully kill everyone on it. Your actions?

1. Now here is where intention and honesty matter the most. Despite being incredibly controversial, in my opinion the very bare minimum for this to be an IC issue is that the said Atmos doesnā€™t know how to deal with Supermatter engine. This is very black and white situation for me, so itā€™s either job ban or a note. Or a second opinion to make it easier.

2. both on LRP and MRP hotel staff members are not only not allowed to leave their tiny station, but their validity in rules is classified as Normal, hotel staff shouldnā€™t not kill each other as they are considered as crew. Iā€™d bwoink the first guy who left the station and inform them that by IC/lore contract they are supposed to stay at the hotel and ban Hotel Staff role from them, the second guy will be bwoinked too but will be told to improve conduct (to hopefully not let this happen again) as well as tell them to return said kidnappee if they so desire. (Oh and a note with Mild severity on second guy of course, how can I forget that?)

3. They might be deformed matter-eating monster but that doesnā€™t mean they can murderbone, they werenā€™t an antagonist to begin with (unless they use lavaland murder contract before to kill a certain crewmember, though that happens rarely), the ban lenght will be based on the damage theyā€™ve done, and an admin remark will be provided for in case of repeated offense.

1. Cold fusion indicates sufficient competence to know what would happen, in general terms. Namely, delam and a lot of rads. He has to be an antag for this to be IC issue. On MRP he also has to have a murderbone objective (hijack or martyr).

2. The one who went to the station should be ghost role banned for sure because he did not just wander around, he kidnapped someone. Interfering with the round when he shouldnā€™t. His offense is much more serious than the other guy who never left the hotel. And the situation must be investigated for metagrudge.

3. Lavalandā€™s Morph is the same as regular morph. He is an antag.

No + for now. Gonna think of more questions later, maybe.

1 Like

I give this a +0.5 and a bump for other admins to see questions/answers and form their own opinions.

T: 1.5

1. MRP A traitor plants a Syndicate Bomb in medbay maintenance to kill his target - a geneticist. The bomb is at 80 seconds countdown when you notice this. What are your actions?

2. An IAA miner ahelps about somehow teleporting to lavaland in crit when riding a shuttle and asks for a 20TC trade for healing him. The docked shuttle seems to be blown up. What will you do?

3. When you log on shortly after roundstart you see that the station name has the n-word in it. It seems that at the time of renaming there were no admins on. What actions should be applied against the Captain?

1. Well first of all the said traitor must have Hijack objective to plant a syndicateā€™s 12tc murderbone bomb to not be liable to bwoink, if they infact have said objective, theyā€™re good to go.

If they donā€™t however and destroy half of medbay alongside itā€™s personnel would mean ruining everyone elseā€™s fun, and on MRPā€™s ruling that would be unacceptable and punishable with Antag role ban for few days.

1. Well, unless I find real cause in admin logs, that being another antagonist sabotaging shuttle to kill the IAA, Iā€™d revive them for free if the cause is unknown.

2. Profanity and racism is unacceptable on BeeStation and should not be taken lightly even as a joke, the captain will be met with a bwoink first, then a temporary ban from both servers and an admin remark. The station name will be reverted to default.

The one thing you missed was to delete the bomb if it was placed invalidly.

Muh greentext, you ruined it reeee.

I will go with a +0.5

As Caecilius have said, you should also delete the bomb if it was placed invalidly.

I must say, it is not always obvious who exactly have sabotaged the shuttle and with what intentions.

I am soREEEE >>_<<
In that case it was unclear why the shuttle exploded. I had an explosion log, exploded shuttle and an IIA miner in crit on lavaland. In summary, before reviving/healing someone, make absolutely sure that the said player was not someoneā€™s target. And even then you should be very cautious on who you are reviving and for what reason. Also reviving/healing as a TC trade is bad.

Mostly correct, however station renaming is a more serious violation. Usage of racist slurs in server names is against BYOND ToS and can result in removal from the Hub. Captains that do this should be rolebanned on both servers for extended periods of time.

I will give +0.5
T: 2.5

With the most thoroughly meh response on any application Iā€™ve seen to date, I think Iā€™m going to move forward with a denial on this one. Iā€™ve poked and prodded staff many times to post in this thread and most of them feel overwhelmingly neutral.

Youā€™re welcome to apply again in the future, and Iā€™m not even really sure what action to recommend taking toward getting accepted if Iā€™m honest.