Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one:
Both

Which server did the ban happen on?
Golden

Ban Type: Job

Ban Length: Forever

Ban Date (9-15-2020):

Round ID: 21352

Ban Reason: Metacomming, Silicon policy at the very least, major self-antag by helping an obvious antag kill head of staff

Appeal Reason: It is very true that me and my friend were meta gaming and i am sorry for that but i would like to explain why i believe that our actions shouldnt result in a permanent banning. SO we played a few rounds nothing special but it was then that something that we never had before happened to one of us. I (Gordon Freedman) had spawned as a traitor. This is something i had never done before in any server and we were a bit over excited. Truth be told it did get the better of us and has assumed that everything would be fine if we worked together. I tried my best to complete my objectives only killing two people in the process and we assumed that nuking the station was okay as a traitor as we have heard of other traitors doing it but cumsly we didnt even know how to so retired from that idea. i had completed my objectives. If killing a man for the nuke disk was a problem i wouldnt have done it but it didnt lead to anything in the first place so our meta commentary was…fruitless anyways. We will avoid metacomms in future rounds. I hope to appeal this ban and apply the rules to my gameplay from now forward and cause no more trouble in the future.

Additional Information: This was the first time either of us were traitor and forgot about Robot Laws

The issue is the metacomms itself more than anything. The silicon policy issue as well as self-antag are minor compared to cheating via metacomms.

1 Like

:thinking:

I can certainly respect that you admitted fault and are trying to appeal.

As already stated by ruko - the main issue is the metacomming not the self-antag. As meta coms are always going to land you a perma.

1 Like

Right but we just got a little ahead of ourselves from excitement. Promise this will never be an issue again. This was literally the first time either of us were Traitor. I havent even been playing SS13 itself that long and my friend has been on less than myself. We play on Beestation cause we are not only happy with less lag, but we are beginners and just learning how things work. We will take this as a very serious lesson.

Promise that it was just us having fun, we were not purposely trying to cheat, just exploring what we could do as a Traitor and Borg. We were just two friends talking to each other.

Yeah sorry i thought The Maggot Guy was the Admin

CKEY: The Maggot Guy

Your Discord: TheMaggotGuy

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

LRP or MRP server: LRP

Offender’s In-Game Name: Groudon Freeman and Engineering Cyborg-103

Date: 9-15-2020

Round Number: 21352

Rules Broken: Metacomming, Silicon policy at the very least, major self-antag by helping an obvious antag kill head of staff

But it was Bloons3 that issued the ban

@Ruko your admin privileges, hand em over

You don’t seem to realize how bad it is that 2 rogue agents on the server were being allowed to run around doing whatever they want, without logged communication, up to and including killing the effective captain and stealing the most dangerous item in the game and then trying to utterly destroy the station and kill everyone on board. You two need to take more than a week’s time-out from this.

1 Like

I would gladly take that. And take this as a lesson of what not to do from now on. But please not permanently banning us. We actually do have a lot of fun, exploring and experimenting with the game. It was our fault for letting our irrational decisions get the better of us. We are very sorry for our behavior and both realize that it was inappropriate to run around and do whatever just cause I was traitor.

Again we are pretty new to this and didnt mean to cause any serious harm, we were just playing the game as we saw to have the most fun with the Traitor role.

Will someone review the appeal and choose if it is accepted or denied? This is also the first time ive been banned

Ban appeals sometimes take quite a while to be processed. Often there is much admin discussion going on behind the scenes.

1 Like

Thank you. Ill keep that in mind.

1 Like

Not to be pushy, but is there any update to our appeal?

I would like to say that when my friend and I started playing SS13, here on LRP, we metacommed all the time bc we didn’t know it was against the rules. (At the time I also thought you could self antag bc of what I saw in the Ssethtide video.) We didn’t do anything like this, and at the time I could differentiate between IC and OCK bc I’d played a Gmod SCP roleplay (yes), but I’d be a hyporcrit if I persecuted this guy for something my friend and I easily could have done. These guys seem to be fairly innocent, not bad actors, having simply made a huge mistake. I’d be fine lowering it to a couple weeks from now or a month total.

@GameAdmin appeal seems to have gone mostly under the radar.

Set ban to two weeks. Expires on second of October. Do keep in mind, if this repeats it won’t be appealable without a vouch from another server and a good length of time on it without major issues.

1 Like

Thank you for the warning we will take our gameplay much more seriously next time