MegaMemeMan's mega admin app

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
MegaMemeMan, no alts
Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):

Thelegend27#9878

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
Most of the weekend, usually around evenings on weekdays (CDT)
What changes, if any, would you bring?:
Try to bring adminning to the apocalyptic warzone that is sometimes referred to as Golden
How old are you?:
Why do you want to be an admin?:

Golden very rarely has any admins on, and sometimes I’m the only staff on golden at a given time so it’s created a lot of bullshittery that I just want to do my part and try to limit
How long have you been playing SS13?:

Since the Ssethtide (late March of 2019)

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:

Since late March of 2019, hours-wise I have something akin to 630-640 hours or so

*On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:

8/9

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:

I’ve never been an admin, so unknown

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:

No, but I think I could learn the ropes of adminning quite quickly

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:

I don’t

Your strengths:

I’ve played golden for the majority of my SS13 experience, but I’ve also played on other MRP servers, so while I would mostly play on golden since that’s my preferred server, I could also go on sage if I’m required to. Additionally, after being a mentor for so long I’ve seen staff come and go frequently for a slew of reasons, and I feel like I can learn from what I’ve seen and not repeat the same mistakes. The main reason I’m even writing this app is I feel like Golden needs more of an admin presence, and considering most of the admins play on MRP and don’t even give a second glance to Golden, I want to give it the attention it deserves.

Your weaknesses:

I have had a tendency of overescalation in the past

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:

People who play security or a head role for the sole reason to have a power trip

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:

Knowledge of the rules and patience

What makes a staff team good?:

A variety of people with a variety of viewpoints so any decisions made are acceptable for everyone

What is a staff team’s purpose?:

To enforce the rules and help make the rounds enjoyable for everyone

What kind of player are you?:

I do enjoy relaxing in botany and xenobio, but also greytide frequently as well

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:

I’ll have even more appreciation for the playerbase, and might lose my habit of greytiding

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:

If the HoS wasn’t actively using it and was just walking around with it, I’d call it an ic issue and if it was a traitor’s objective item I’d respawn it back into the HoS’ locker. If the HoS was actively using it (i.e chasing someone down the halls and firing it), the clown should know better than to do that, and I’d note them since it isn’t really ban worthy in this case, and like before I’d respawn the gun in the HoS’ locker

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

Obviously the person who compromised the loop would get a permaban since compromising the loop isn’t something you can really do on accident, along with dragging an open canister around. After that, I’d most likely just aheal the people who were affected by the compromise, since it should’ve never happened in the first place

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

It’s an ic issue, and the worst I would do is give them a note for it

1 Like

The app is good but you kinda have some recent notes and bans. I’ll stay at +0 until another admin asks you some questions

3 pages of notes (0.038 per hour which is very, very high).

Will do some questions and see how it goes anyway.

LRP - AI is on asimov (You may not injure a human, you must listen to human laws etc.). A felinid has been locked inside a glass box and Player orders the AI to kill them. The AI siphones the room, killing the felinid. What do you do?

MRP - Arnold shoved Billy over for no reason, and steals his ID. Next time Billy sees Arnold he crits them, takes back his ID and brings him to medical for healing. Upon being healed, Arnold instantly shoves and kills Billy before spacing the body.

MRP - Clown walks into armory, builds a chair and hangs himself in the middle of it. Do you do anything?

In regards to my notes I am aware that I have quite a pile of them but some of them are from when I was new and some of them are fairly I consequential. Regardless, let me answer your questions.

1. Considering felinids aren’t human by asimov’s laws, what the AI did (which was follow a human’s request) is perfectly valid. However, the human is the one that I’d question as to why they wanted the felinid dead. If they were doing that just for kicks or to get a laugh, if it’s one of their first notes I’d give them a day ban for major overescalation, 2 or 3 if this isn’t their first rodeo, and aheal the felinid in question since they were killed on invalid grounds. Of course, if the human is a traitor, it would just be an IC issue.

2. On MRP you shouldn’t just be shoving people for no reason just to get their id, that’s definitely more of an LRP thing to do. Of course, critting someone for just taking your is also overescalation, I’m assuming Billy wasn’t trying to talk Arnold into giving him his id back and just went straight into throwing punches, which is not exactly what I think you’d do in a MRP environment. However, they did bring them to medical, so they didn’t kill them. If it had just ended here, I’d give both of them notes respective to what they did. Pushing someone for no reason and then taking their id is not cool, especially in an MRP setting, but critting someone for that is also very not cool on an MRP server, I’d expect more civility on MRP instead of just straight up beating someone to an inch of their life. However, it seems Arnold couldn’t let this go despite being in the wrong in the very beginning, and decides to space Billy. Considering Billy decided to bring Arnold back to med and not leave them to die, that’s pretty much a universal sign that you don’t mean to escalate any further, but Arnold still kills and spaces them. This is definitely not MRP behaviour, especially since you’re making it that much harder to try and clone that person, so if anything, while not entirely outside the bounds of validity, it definitely is out of the bounds for MRP, so I’d give Arnold maybe a two day ban from MRP (most likely more if it isn’t one of their first bans) for the non-roleplay behavior, but also note Billy for critting Arnold for presumably just beating the shit out of him instead of trying to resolve it peacefully. I would also teleport Billy’s body into the morgue of cloning so they could be cloned and get back into the round.

3. Clown shouldn’t be in the armory in pretty much any circumstance, and choosing to suicide just randomly in the armory is definitely not MRP behavior. Maybe a note and a day or two MRP ban. If it isn’t the first time, it would be a 3 or 4 day MRP ban.

I loved the answers here

Personally, I think it’s a bit harsh for a clown considering they didn’t take any weapons and clowns are usually there for the meme purpose, not providing any real value to the crew.

Going to go with a +1 here (I would go further with the juicy +2s but the high amount of notes make it hard, you know the rules obviously, however you will need to follow them to a high standard as an admin)

On the one hand, that’s a lot of notes.

On the other, the app and answers are both really good.

I’ve decided to go with a +0.5, don’t lemme down man if you get accepted.

+0.25 to make things even more complicated :flushed:
T:1.75

Edit: ah well goddamn it i do +0.5
T:2

I basically share views with Powerful regarding answers. But because of high amount of notes I will go with +0.5.

T:2.5

Wow, is it really that many notes? I never realized it was that many

Only 3 notes this year, 672 hours, good responses to questions

+1

T:3.5

It’s 6 notes this year. From looking at it. Many notes in a short period of playing then a break. The notes are in the vein of “I got bored so I blew things up and fucked people over” The most recent one for murder for losing their temper also concerns me with how people currently treat admins.

If I could speak in my defense,
one of the notes was a day ban for protecting cargo
One of them was me spending an antag token
One was throwing a grenade on a shuttle, admittedly stupid, although i had no intentions regarding hurting/ruining someone’s round, which was like a minute away from ending, so minimal harm done
One of them was wiping and downloading a pAI and deleting them a few times afterward
And regarding the clown note, maybe that was overescalation on my part but if the clown is constantly slipping you and stealing your shoes, I used my option to stop him on hand which was the lethal option
If there are any other notes I had this year, I’m not aware of them, and by the way you word it you make it sounds like I was maxcapping the station 6 times in a row

Additionally, I’d like to address when you stated "
The most recent one for murder for losing their temper also concerns me with how people currently treat admins.". I am aware that I have a tendency to overescalate, but that’s not due to a universal inability to control my anger. I couldn’t really care less about what people called me, especially on the internet, and whether someone would call me a bitch or an asshole in an ahelp or on the discord, it matters not to me. My overescalation can be linked mostly to the way I play, and in the heats of moments playing I may make a stupid decision. But, as far as I understand it when you’re adminning you are seperate from the game, and so I doubt my overescalation antics would carry over to adminning.

Finally, while I mean in no way to offend, I don’t believe you’re judging me fairly. Yes, I have a few pages worth of notes but if I was here to grief I would’ve been gone a long time ago. I’ve been with this community a year or so and I genuinely do enjoy being in it, lrp especially. Lately it’s just been spiralling into a pit of anarchy and me, like a few others, made admin applications to see if we could get accepted. The last thing I want is for lrp to get a dedicated badmin, but I don’t believe that’s what I would become if I were to be granted adminship. Correct me if I’m wrong but I only think you’re judging my admin capabilities off of the size of my notes pile, not the way I answered the questions or other factors. I’m active in the community, and have nearly 700 hours. Lrp needs dedicated admins, and I feel like considering the time I’ve put into the server mentoring and playing, I am fit for a position such as that. And, while somewhat of a weak point, you don’t really lose much by at least giving me a chance to become a trialmin. If I don’t cut it by the current admin team’s standards or communities’, I’ll resign myself. Finally finally, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and if my attempt at explaining some things didn’t change your mind, I respect and understand that.
Thank you for listening to my Ted talk
tl;dr: mega tries to beg for dear life

2 Likes

Just play a day’s worth of lrp and words will never hurt you again

+1, in a similar vein to what Bacon did - there are a large variety of notes but your answers to questions are half decent.

I’d also feel bad about dropping even more nuclear questions on you at this time - although with your defense part about it I decided to not go with my original +0.5

Well yes of course he has a lot of notes, he’s an LRP player.
If you’re this strict about notes you’re not gonna get any LRP mins.

8 Likes

I am going to up my vote to +1, T=3

Ehhhh. The application is really good, the note history is not and there are recent bad notes.
I don’t think I can go over +1, but I have faith in the willingness to improve the server as a whole.

+1
T: +4

Application is good but note history is not perfect - I’ll throw in a +0.5.

bumpbumpbumpbump 20char

@GameAdmin not trying to be a pain but it’s been almost a week since the last reply, and I was just wondering if anyone else wanted to chip in on my app, sorry for the ping but I don’t know how else to get any attention to my application if it’s been buried for a week

1 Like