Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Megaddd#5901

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): UTC+2

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Not sure

How old are you?: 20-30

Why do you want to be a moderator?: Not sure

How long have you been playing SS13?: On/off since late 2020

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: On/off since late 2020

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 5

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): Unknown

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Yes

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No (to the first question)

Your strengths: Persistence, curiosity

Your weaknesses: Self-doubt, laziness

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Finding out its revs. (Seriously upset - Nothing)

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Objectivity

What makes a staff team good?: Cohesion

What is a staff teamā€™s purpose?: To enforce server rules and increase player satisfaction

What kind of player are you?: A timid one

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: That depends

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Nothing, unless thereā€™s a ticket. Likely IC issue otherwise. Depending on history/game state - warn honky to reduce pranking levels.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: ajail, check notes/hours. Bad notes/hours - bye. Good notes/hours - open a discussion, see with admin team on resolution, resultion depends, though likely severe.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Nothin if thereā€™s no ticket. Likely IC issue otherwise, though that depends on history. Probably make a clip of it for entertainment purposes later.

4 Likes
  1. Botanist grows some weed, labeling it a healing weed. Some assistant eats the leftovers, overdoses and dies. He then complains on ahelps. What do you do?
  2. Round goes for about 30 minutes until cult is confirmed present. Security officer asks warden to hand out guns. Warden refuses saying he needs HoSā€™ approval. After he is not found, officer stuns and cuffs warden, then proceeds to open armory. Rules broken? How do you react?
  3. During log search, while doing a report, you notice an admin repeatedly healing and reviving himself. What do you do with this information?
  4. Nightmare ahelps claiming medical doctor has valid hunted it and attacked it during at least 3 separate occasions. How do you respond and handle the complaint?
  5. Hop prays to you ā€œIan is hungry, helpā€. What do you do? (for the sake of this question assume you have full administrative priveleges).

@Archanial

1. Self-homeopathy - IC issue. Maybe let them know how OD works and to be more careful in the future consuming unknown substances they randomly come across outside of medbay. Check botany plants for funky contents just in case.

2. R3, R2 by extension - give them 15-30min to read up on some SOP (assuming theyā€™re dead or the round is over), a day off sec, some R9 right there.

3. Check if theyā€™re on centcom. If not - :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :camera_flash: #admin-general discuss.

4. Smells like a skill issue. Investigate if docā€™s combat logs are anywhere near medbay - if not, adminpm them about what he was doing in random maint looking for trouble instead of treating the (presumable) nightmare victims and go from there.

5. This: https://i.imgur.com/PFcJlO3.mp4

8 Likes

Iā€™ll take an indepth look tonight and leave a few questions :melting_face:

I havenā€™t made those questions as nuanced as I usually do, but those answers are good.

1. ok
  2. ok, but ban length should depend on their past history
  3. I would also check if they didnā€™t do any event or something
  4. This one I disagree. Itā€™s very common to people to hunt and provoke nightmares. I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s a skill issue right away.
  5. epic cool answer, making it a gif is nice touch, but itā€™s also epic embed fail

+1

Iā€™ll come up with some questions, gimme a bit, sory for the delay.

Alright Disqualified, -10 is less than 18 years old sorry bucko, come back in 28 years.

===
But actuallyā€¦

1. ā€œTHE CAPTAIN MURDERED ME HALPā€ What do you check for.
  2. A miner is running through the hallways with a holoparasite, attacking Heads, Security, and anyone who comes up to stop them. Who do you bwoink and when.
  3. An assistant is beaten down by security for running a meth shop. While they are arresting him how far can the assistant retaliate?
  4. The round ended, thereā€™s 5 open tickets that are gonna take time to work, and people in deadchat have devolved into a scream match between eachother, what can ya do?
  5. Navy Nelson called the HoS a piece of shit in medbay and shoved them in disposals when they refused to leave. The HoS comes back to arrest Navy a few minutes later. Whoā€™s in the wrong?
  6. What is the correct way to cut a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwhich in half?

No sweat, itā€™s easter. Weā€™re not running a horse race here (:

1. Antag status, then what cappy said or was told about them, and go from there.

2. Assuming this is spawning tickets by the minute, check their objectives and combat logs of the people complaining. Sounds like IC issue, but could be ā€œmurderbaitingā€ or poor RP, it depends on their conduct in the round.

3. Pretty much anything that doesnā€™t involve harm intent, such as slipping, shoving or otherwise bamboozling security to escape the arrest without critting any officers.

1. Missing context, HoS sounds like a beta /s. Shoving is assault, so an arrest is an IC issue.

2. Only diagonally. If itā€™s a single piece bread sandwich, fold it diagonally instead.

The HOSā€™ gun is a high-risk item as it can be a traitor objective. Stealing it as non-antag is self-antag. Although it is a good habit to check for context and player interactions to determine whether it is a griefer or someone that took their RP just a tad too far.
Donā€™t be too quick to mark tickets as IC issues.

I like the rest of the app so far even if it seems a bit lazy at first glance. Answers to Archā€™s and Daridineā€™s questions have been alright. Another round of questions still because something something badmin.

1. You are observing the round as mod when you notice another admin spawn themselves in as a deathsquad officer and goes on a rampage. Do you do anything?

2. A non-antag assistant ahelps at roundstart and asks if he can ā€œmess with securityā€ because his characterā€™s main motivation is hating sec. You check his profile and notice he has 1 hour on the server and bans from others for griefing. How do you respond?

3. Someone ahelps that the SM was sabotaged by a griefer. You jump to the SM and notice it has started delamming, shooting a lot of electrical arcs with anomalies spawning, however it is not on fire. How do you proceed from there?

4. A new player ahelps ā€œYo admin man, Is this MRP or LRP server?ā€. How do you answer?

5. What is the role of moderators and do you plan on being promoted to fullmin?

@Haliris (reply button broke)

1. Check with the admins team in discussion. Could be a maintainer closing a round for a testing thing, or have some other reasoning Iā€™m not aware of at the time.

2. Politely explain to them that antagonizing security officers for no reason is not RP-friendly and point them to the rules page. Keep an eye on them.

3. Assuming Iā€™m (still) not an admin, I would probably ask someone with priviledges to clean it up, and see if I can figure out the cause of the incident with any logging tools at the disposal to validate the claim.

4. I would tell them that this is a Roleplay server, and you are expected to be roleplaying as an employee of a spacestation13, then point them to the rules page and ask if they have any further questions.

5. Moderators are for resolving basic issues and for getting the ropes for becoming an admin. Yes ideally (as the title implies).

1. Alright, just remember that headmins are the ones to be notified when you have a complaint about an admin or notice an admin acting up.

2. Good enough reply to them. Good reasoning overall, a lot of problematic ā€œnewā€ players like to ā€œRPā€ as griefers.

3. You should assess what the cause of the delam is before deciding to take actions. In my experience, 90% of delams happen due to incompetence, not griefing. Other than that, checking with other admins for help when you are faced with a game mechanic you do not fully grasp or a situation you do not understand is right.

4. Good.

5. Good enough.

Overall solid answers for me and nothing to keep me from supporting this app.

+1

T:+2

Apologies about the delay in getting to this:

1. While playing, a methspeeded botany man runs up to you and instahusks you with a plant. Taking the liberty to check, you see they are not an antagonist. Actions?

2. What are some ways you would push a round to ending?

3. Are there any ways in which you would promote RP?

4. An atmos tech irradiates the entire station, would you do anything?

1. Make an admin admin help :sunglasses: (interest conflict - ask another admin to investigate this issue, although Iā€™m not sure if this rule is pertaining to just appeals, or immediate sentencing as well)

2. Depends on what the round is and why it needs ending. Most likely pour gasoline on any existing IC beefs. If the round actually needs ending, thereā€™s plenty of random events to choose from, some lamer than others. Thereā€™s no right answer for all situations, but you canā€™t go wrong with blob theme starts playing.

3. Roleplay promotes roleplay. Thereā€™s no one shoe size, but leaning into existing RP is always positive. Manufacturing RP is possible but it takes more effort. I find mostly just remarking on peopleā€™s RP is a good way to encourage it.

4. The entire station. 100% of it? And this is a round that is under two hours long? First thing Iā€™d do is export his setup to later figure out how the mad man did it. Then start the awards ceremony, outcome depends on round state, existing notes/hours and the number of tickets about it.

Playtime : 1425h (1201h/224h)

Fewer notes then I have

accept he already

+1, you observe a ton as is and your answers are workable, I have not had nor heard of any bad experiences with you in the community either

T:+3

1 Like

I like your short answers and the fact that theyā€™re right for the most part, me happy :slightly_smiling_face: ā† me being happy

+1
T:+4

2 Likes

+1 That was a pretty goog set of answers and the other questions are cool too.

T:+5

1 Like

Correct answer :pensive:

Where? If you donā€™t mind me asking.

While I can relate to both of these, please be careful so that this doesnā€™t cause any problems.

I see you factoring whether or not a ticket exists or the amount of them into your answers. While yes, that is something to keep in mind, youā€™re also expected to on some level proactively keep an eye out for issues and investigate them. Donā€™t dismiss an issue just because nobody is openly complaining about it. A lot of people instead opt to deal with it in silence because they donā€™t want to come across as being ā€˜pettyā€™ for reporting something.

Other than that this is mostly fine. Although I do agree with what Hali said about the initial application looking somewhat lazy.

+1

T:+6

I donā€™t know what to tell you other than I genuinely donā€™t know what to expect and whether donā€™t know if Iā€™ll like it, but curiosity killed the cat.

Mostly unrelated twitch / discord communities, some other game community servers with smaller/similar populations. That sort of thing.

Obviously not meaning it as ā€œignore TTV on green if no ticketsā€. More of a ā€œWho does a tree falling in a forest with nobody around hurt the most?ā€ sort of deal.

@Autistic do your job :bangbang:

4 Likes