Medicine/sleeper rework ideas

as someone who occasionally plays doc i feel like the sleepers a bit of a crutch, so here are my ideas

1. add WOUNDS

the biggest thing that could nerf sleepers from being free easy heals is to ADD WOUNDS, have things that require SURGERY to fix not some magic heal juice, if your on deaths row the thing that heals bruises wont just close up your bleeding, you would need to get that bleeding stitched up, BONE FRACTURES, have bullets embed and require surgery, make medbay take time, have people realise that getting beat up is something that is serious

1. have sleepers contain shit medicine

sleepers should contain dogshit medicine when they have base parts, maybe have this medicine do organ damage? maybe with tier 3 or 4 parts its actually useful medicine, but tier 1 parts should just be for extremely minor injuries

1. re-think how medicine works

Have medicine be a think that HELPS with healing, and not be the healing, inject some bicardine while doing tend wounds should help the tend wounds be better but not be the main heal source

1. make cloning a bit shit

have base cloning start with large beakers but have a tier 1 clone require 120u synthflesh, with tier 2 parts using 100u, tier 3 use 80u and tier 4 use 60u synthflesh also remove the cell damage removal at high parts, all damage the corpse had should turn into cell damage to the clone requiring you to fix up the clone first

1. other minor healing/chemical ideas

oozeoxidone: its just cloneox+oozeling ooze, it works like pyrozidone where if its hot it heals cell damage, but that it only heals cell damage while hot no other damage type, this is just to make it easier to heal cell damage on oozelings

tend wounds toxin: its a special surgery unlocked by tier 2 research surgeries, I uses scalpel->blood filter and heals toxin damage, it can have an adv with experimental surgery and an expert version with alien surgery

I may add onto this but I kinda wanna see people opinions first

As if the doctors aren’t incompetent enough already

6 Likes

Why would they need to be competent? They can just toss someone into a sleeper and button mash to fix 90% of problems, and IF that fails they can just clone them.

1 Like

medbay is already overflowing with corpses i dont have enough time to do surgery on 3 different people at the same time

no.

Even this is a hard thing for some people, imagine needing them to do surgery on you as well.

Medical should take time, but the general opinion as far as I’ve seen is that you should walk into medical a bloody corpse and be fully healed in a couple of minutes with minimal effort.

IMO just kill sleepers.

1. make cloning a bit shit
    have base cloning start with large beakers but have a tier 1 clone require 120u synthflesh, with tier 2 parts using 100u, tier 3 use 80u and tier 4 use 60u synthflesh also remove the cell damage removal at high parts, all damage the corpse had should turn into cell damage to the clone requiring you to fix up the clone first

holy fuck how many times do we have to tell you people
NOBODY USES CLONING (unless its nukies) or lrp

I played mrp yesterday cloning room was filled with synthflesh cartons 3 rounds in the row yet nobody used it even once

im slamming my head on the desk rn

it still keeps cloning it just makes the cloner less of a free mass revives at late points and more of an emergency reviver

because being dead and waiting for revival half an hour is VERY FUN
also
medbay doesnt have capacity to deal with more than 5 patients at the same time

if you expect in-depth medical system where healing takes time
dont play tg code

it still keeps cloning it just makes the cloner less of a free mass revives at late points and more of an emergency reviver

@bluezorua
nobody uses it to mass revive people what are you talking about…

You misunderstand, I don’t think medical should take ages, but I don’t think having most things being treated nearly instantly is all that enjoyable either.

From my experience most of the time I play doctor it results in me just waiting around ages for people to die, then healing them in like 2 minutes, then going back to waiting. For the most part you don’t have a giant influx of people unless there is a large scale threat like blob or nukies, in which case medical SHOULD be busy.

I don’t expect medical to be in-depth but ideally it wouldn’t be so brain dead.

port baymed loooooooooooool

2 Likes

a max parts tier 4 cloner has 600u of synthflesh capacity(use bluespace beakers), meaning you can make 33 clones, you can revive the entirety of security twice over, all you need is compitent people, also who the fuck tought that clonings one downside of cell damage should be removed trough high tier parts

From my experience most of the time I play doctor it results in me just waiting around ages for people to die, then healing them in like 2 minutes, then going back to waiting. For the most part you don’t have a giant influx of people unless there is a large scale threat like blob or nukies, in which case medical SHOULD be busy.

fair point, it depends on the round
sometimes medbay is empty for an hour just to be swarmed with bodies within like 30 seconds

If you want medbay to be more busy but still not a chore, you shouldnt remove sleepers, dealing with 10 brute/burn/toxin damage isnt challenging or fun.
Instead add more mild diseases/injuries/organs and surgeries that let you deal with them. I would be cool to be able to do something else than appendicitis.

a max parts tier 4 cloner has 600u of synthflesh capacity(use bluespace beakers), meaning you can make 33 clones, you can revive the entirety of security twice over, all you need is compitent people, also who the fuck tought that clonings one downside of cell damage should be removed trough high tier parts

yeah and? you can make singulo every round if you have competent people but somehow i’ve yet to see singulo engine setup on mrp or lrp

just because it exists it doesnt mean its being used

Genuinely just port wounds :pensive:

Wouldn’t be too bad if chemistry does their job (a lot to ask I know). IMO sleepers at least need a nerf, perhaps tie a cost to using them.

Funnily enough, I am working on that right now. So far I have a new disease that attacks the lungs ready for a pull request. But I am not sure what else to implement.

Would be coolio if you could send me some ideas via PM.

1 Like

add more organs? kidneys, intestines, split the lungs to left and right lung, split eyes to left and right eye? i dunno.

split eyes would be a bit weird espiecally with implants but split lungs sound quite nice, i dunno what the point of kidneys, intestines and others would do mechanically tho

Now when you die and sit on the medbay floor for 30 minutes watching doctors walk around, you can rest assured it’ll be 20 more minutes of surgeries from when they discover you. :] Yay!

Just port Baymed and be done with it. :laughing:

This ongoing fight that the tg side of SS13 has with its medical system is why I’ve ultimately stopped trying to main medical and play as an IPC. Challenge doesn’t always mean enjoyment, I definitely feel if you want to challenge yourself there should be options available to you, but some people enjoy quiet medical rounds where they can solve issues quickly. Difficulty should be opt in, especially on a newbie friendly server.