WilsonPH
Ban Type:
Note
Ban Length:

** 2023-02-23 19:21:01:**

Round ID:
Cant Find
Ban Reason:
As a Detective, powergamed by having insulated gloves, almost full toolbelt, a filled medkit. Also loaded his revolver with lethal ammo and hunted a traitor down on Green while there was a deputee secoff present. This note was created as a result of the following player report -

Appeal Reason:

Hey there, im appealing since I dont believe I was powergaming as the notes dont reflect the events at least what I see about it.
Having insuls and a toolbelt can be very easily adressed as not powergaming, I used public tool vendor with my credits and bought them. Id presume you can see in the logs, but I took a really long break from the game prior to my joining of your servers and I did this to make sure I still knew how to hack doors, and wether your server’s mechanics were all much different. (I can hack doors on tgstation, so pretty sure it worked). As far as it goes for hunting the traitor down, im fairly certain he’d actually instagated the fight with me, I was somewhere with some head (I think it was the CMO or HOP) and he was in some maintanence alley where he started punching me and him with what had appeared to be north stars. I shot him with lethals, and chased him down the maintanence ONLY to rescue the CMO who trapped in there getting himself whooped, after hitting him around three or four times I protected the CMO on his way out where he healed himself. I then went on to search the maintanence shafts, where I think I bumped into him in a hallway. I tried to speak to him but he was actively running away, although I dont think any text messages got through since I never tried to lose sight of him.

As far as the lethal bullets go, I got two drums I think of lethal speedloaders, and kept my rubber speed loaders. Definetly some sort of an omission on my end if this is cosnidered powergaming on greenshift, but I just did this like any other server (lrp) where you would typically carry a 1-1 ratio of lethals to non lethals. Id take responsibility for this fully if this was wrong, but I dont think saying I was metagaming or validhunting is approrpriate for the note.

Additional Information:
This appeal is not made in bad faith, and admittedly and somewhat irresponsibly there is some sort of a OOC “ignorance” or “unknowing” of your server’s rules to the detail. If you (the admins) decide that this is still wrong ill just go with it since its just a minor note.

Looks like round ID is likely 42864 or around that

Powergaming in this case is obtaining items for reasons that are not in-character, or playing to “win” the meta-game.

Since you were simply getting these items to test door hacking that would still be powergaming, since you had no in character reason to need insulated gloves and a toolbelt.

This is an RP server, and thus “just like any other server (lrp)” is really not going to apply in this case. Your typical crewmember is not the type of person to go after and kill an antagonist for any other reason than immediate self-defense roleplay wise.

I’d suggest reading up on the How To Roleplay guide:
https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/How_to_Roleplay

3 Likes

Alright, so.

Only you and a brig physician signed up as security members that round. However, there was also an exploration guy that god deputized, before you joined the round.
However
Ten minutes after you’ve joined the round you were already printing lethals, on green alert.

Why?

It looks like you’ve also performed a bag search on green, without getting a warrant.

SAY: Medeelel18/(Sergeyevich Morozov) "bag please" (Medbay Central (114, 122, 2))
ATTACK: Medeelel18/(Sergeyevich Morozov) has thrown the botany backpack (Medbay Central (114, 121, 2))
SAY: Medeelel18/(Sergeyevich Morozov) "well we have some" (Medbay Central (114, 122, 2))
SAY: Medeelel18/(Sergeyevich Morozov) "wild allegations" (Medbay Central (114, 122, 2))
SAY: Medeelel18/(Sergeyevich Morozov) "about emagging in rnd" (Medbay Central (113, 122, 2))
SAY: Medeelel18/(Sergeyevich Morozov) "Got to verify these claims though" (Medbay Central (113, 122, 2))

Yes, by punching you with his fists. You immediately jumped to shooting him with lethals. Bit of an over escalation, wouldn’t you agree?

There does seem to be yes, I’d recommend re-reading our Server rules, SoP page, Space Law page and Escalation policy page

Oh and, the note was applied because of this

Hey there, im fairly certain me and the CMO made several attempts in the maintanence shafts to cuff him, I was using the police baton (not very good), and I think the cmo was using the telebaton. The traitor was on some sort of a drug as he was stunned for only extremely short durations of time and was on high stamina despite the baton strikes.

Now with that being said again, I am new to your servers and I am unsure of any mechanics I may or may not have included here. But with that being said, I dont think the traitor was only using his fists in the maintanence shafts. Im not sure on how punching works on your servers in comparison to TG but, it seemed like he was being assisted by some sort of a traitor item or genetic mutation. He dealt a lot of damage, very quickly, and it was fairly obvious at the time that he was not only using his fists. This resulted in me using my gun, and the fact that my “boss”, (higherup with me), the CMO was getting beaten by the traitor. This is my understanding of my escalation here.

The bagsearch on the otherhand was completely justified though, the two people were actively stabbing/attacking each other with sharp weapons and pretty sure one of them were bleeding. Both of them made wild accusations to each other, and both of them were attacking each other. The accusation of a using an Emag was justifiable and ‘credible’, given the fact that the person accused was reportedly in research, and the scientist (person running away from the guy to me) was actively being attacked. I wouldnt call this a random bag search by anymeans, rather a temporary detainment during an attack on each other in where potentially lethal weapons were used.

“Yes, by punching you with his fists. You immediately jumped to shooting him with lethals. Bit of an over escalation, wouldn’t you agree?” - Im aware of the random knockdowns during punching, and if he did infact get like 4-5 in a row while attacking a head of staff it should prompt some lethal force especially after trying to apprehend him with nonlethals in where he struggled out and did it again. In the ban reason, it said something along the lines of me hunting him over that is not the case as while I was just checking maintanence (immedieatly after the attack) and walking out, I stumbled across him, and kept my distance (in an effort to try and speak to him) but he kept running away. It was not possible to communicate.

With that being said, I would like to give you all a formal apology for what happened given the fact that you have provided very valid reasons for why this was applied like printing lethals on greenshift (something id overlooked), and some other things you’ve listed.

Also, by thought would you still consider taking the toolbelt and gloves that I bought with my own credits to be considered metagaming? Also would you please clarify on the points ive just made as well? It was a really long time since that round (at least 50-60days) so I might get some things wrong.

As highlighted above:

Rule 2: No Powergaming
Subsection 2:
Do Not seek/acquire items that have no relevance to your job without an appropriate IC reason.

Powergaming, not metagaming.

You were seeking the tools out, which are not revelant to your job, without an in-character reason for doing so (wanting to test door hacking compared to TG is not an in-character reason, that is an out-of-character reason, you, the player want to do that. Your character has no reason to do so)

Powergaming.
Please go and read the pages I’ve linked here

Well, a week and a half later and no response came. Consider this appeal rejected, then.