Maxcapping security

Security on beestation is usually super RP unfriendly and tight. Why is it so bad to just maxcap them at roundstart since most of the time they dont give a single fuck about privacy permissions or reasonable cause either, set you to arrest and start blasting you in the middle of the hallways for slight misconduct. If I was an antag on a space station that would be the first thing I do, since that space station is most of the time run like a facist police state.

3 Likes

What does roleplay mean to you?

What is your expectation of how security should act in various situations?

If I walk past a police officer I don’t expect them to chase me down, get a warrant for me, and search me

1 Like

I’ve made this point in another thread, but relevant here.

Security on LRP is redundant. Everyone already validhunts, so nothing is special about what they do.

Security on MRP is unfun. They validhunt, with no roleplay backing it up. They arrest/brig you saying very little to you through the process. You ask for a trial and they refuse in cases of a capital crime. Instead of severely gimping you(pacification/chem implants/etc) they just execute you or leave you in permabrig to rot taking you out of the round.

1 Like

So security should not put you to perma, they should also not execute you. They should put you on trial and then?

They should interact with people they arrest. Right now they either put you in jail for overly long periods of time for anything. If you get lucky and they perma you (instead of executing on the spot) you’re taken out of the round without any roleplay. If they would at least give people radios and check up on them every 10 or so minutes. But no, you’re either going to try to break out through space, suicide or get marooned.

4 Likes

When’s the last time there’s been a fully operational trial on MRP? It’s felt like ages since I’ve last heard about one, let alone seen it.

2 Likes

everytime there is a trial it gets bombed

this happens every time without fail

5 Likes

also just flat out removing security and leaving the HoS as the sole security officer with the explicit purpose of validhunting antags only is a good idea and you cant convince me otherwise

If sec was removed, what would y’all want to replace their location with on the map?

random searches are great and let you be a nasty police state

1 Like

I’d like space law to straight up forbid execution regardless of captain/HoS’s permission except under certain circumstances

Criteria like these: they’ve attempted/done escape before, requested execution themselves (victim chooses method,) have proven mobility tools (e.g. they’ve been OBSERVED jaunting as a heretic,) a trial has been conducted, or if it’s red alert.
Applies to MRP of course, as space law is a suggestion on LRP.

A lot of sec don’t really follow space law and do stuff like leave people bucklecuffed, but this adds another thing you can ahelp for/bonk sec about.

good ideas, realisticlly I think making perma not so fort knox might be a good idea too, to make escapes not completely impossible as it is currently

it used to be before fastmos on box you could make a spear by smashing all of the computers for wire and a window for glass, then cut up the towels to make a space resistant suit by completely covering yourself in cotton; doing both of these would be able to get you out and survive long enough to space walk to arrivals, so long as carp dont eat you on the way; because of this escape chance it made sec actually have to check up on you.

As it stand sec know perma prisoners literally cannot escape save for someone doing a EVA bust out, so perma prisoners being left to rot is common.

Accounting for the subtle nerf that fastmos brought in, making the previous EVA escape impossible it might be a good idea to put a maint tunnel that runs perpinducular to perma, or a visting area for perma; some way a prisoner can escape out of if left unattended for 15 minutes. Right now getting perma’d is not fun, you may as well log off when in it as you’re not getting out.

remove perma, buff gulag

4 Likes

gulag better because its not stare at a cell timer simulator

imagine a gimmick role where you’re a gulag warden in an ss13 without unreasonable executions or perma

1 Like

explosive collars, shotgun with only buckshot and tear gas: yeah its gulag warden time.

1 Like

I believe it’s still very do-able if you grow ambrosia and eat it to heal

The funny thing is I don’t think I’ve seen gulag prisoners actually do their job in there, they always tend to just break out even if their sentence wouldn’t take long lol

Also more gulag use would help with mining problems. Imagine security using space law as an excuse to get slave labor to supply the station

1 Like

As a newish player who enjoys playing sec, I would like to see some more RP on security’s part, wandering around the station looking for antags is pretty boring. Why can’t we do some drug busts on botany and then give a cringe anti-drug PSA to all the young impressionable assistants? Or something, and then maybe people will hold off on bombing our hallway for a bit longer.

3 Likes