CKEY: sumter

Your Discord: N/A

Offender’s CKEY: Mat05usz

LRP or MRP server: LRP

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant): N/A

Date:06/12/2021

Round Number: 30475

Rules Broken (if relevant): Admin griefing

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): Unsure, possibly the event ones if the crew never asked for this.

Incident Description: The admin had set the server to give everyone a random brain trauma, including for people who joined late, and a message that says "
黨制 台灣 臺灣 The n-word 中華民國 ERP 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Dorms 達賴喇嘛 法輪功 新疆維吾爾自治區 Deadmin 諾貝爾和平獎 劉暁波 Host chat李洪志 Glorious beestation 劉曉波动态网自由门"

This would not normally be a problem, however I play an IPC character and the trauma I was given when I late joined was muscle spasms, which caused me to hit myself with whatever is in the active hand. IPCs do not have much health, and at any point I tried to heal myself with a welder I would inevitably do more damage to myself than heal as the trauma would cause me to smack myself with the welder.

As you can guess, this trauma essentially ruined my round from the second I joined and the admin had left so it was not possible for me to ahelp and have this trauma either changed or removed. As an IPC, you cannot even do brain surgery on yourself to fix it.

I did happen to survive the round, only by having someone ziptie my arms and essentially sacrifice himself to ensure I made it to the shuttle alive (god bless whomever that hero was).

I don’t like adminbus that fucks me right off the arrival shuttle that I have no ability to fix or defend myself from. I like it less when the admin responsible leaves after doing so.

Additional Information: person said it was “mateusz” but matts a pretty good admin so I cannot fathom what would of made him do this if it was him.

smol peanut, but he asked Crew First. he sent out a Poll asking if we wanted to spice up the round, and we voted yes.

8 Likes

Post rescinded. I’m sitting out of this report due to personal bias.

Why is the admin report called on mat but then also

?

Crew asked for spice, crew got spice. I am not sure how this is worth reporting Mat over it.

3 Likes

The only only thing would be whether or not this was a properly done event. Specifically, the approval portion.

That is outside of channels most non-admins have access to, so we must sit tight for now.

I editted the topic for clarity after confirming the admin and missed fixing that part of it as well.

Ah cheers. I assumed something like that but still good to clarify it

The Head Admin team is aware of this and is handling it, thanks for making the report.

We’ll update this thread later.

After two weeks of procrastination deliberation, here it is.

Relevant loggs

Mat holds a vote for “make the round spicyer” → result: yes, make it spicy

Mat triggers the floor is lava, and 2 curses of madness (this one being the one that gives evryonbe bad brain damage)

mat says he’s going to leave for “10 minutes”, proceeds to stealthmin for about 2 minutes,
logsout and basicaly imeadatly back in.

at basicaly the same time as the other things was happening, someone complains about a patricularly annoying brain trauma
Mat proceeds to (try and) fix said trauma.

Another vote, for further adminbus. It also comes up positive.

However, besides triggering an aurora and an electrical storm, no further adminbus is commited

I have also confirmed that the text included in the “curse of madness” events was indeed the chineese copy paste included by OP.

TLDR of what happend :
->Mat holds vote about “making the round spicy”, it passes
->Does so by triggering floor is lava, and x2 curse of madness
->Says he’ll go away for 10 minutes but actualy just stealthmins for 2 minutes
->some guy complains about having a realy shitty trauma, mat (tries to) fix it.
->Another vote for further adminbus, also comes up positive
->actualy just triggers an electircal storm and an aurora though

Thoughts :
A vote was held to spice up the round, and mat did do that.
Something is to be said about this not realy being enjoyable for the players.
Fun is relative, and im sure some people do enjoy having some additional annoyance to deal with - but others will most likely just be annoyed by them.

Its also worth considering wether or not this was a significant enough change to the round to require event approval.
I’d say that this level of interference is in a bit of a greyzone, honestly.
If an admin wants to press one of our many funny buttons and holds a vote for it - depending on how much that button interferes with the round, it may or may not need approval from a higher ranked admin.
Conisdering how much serious brain trauma can interfere with a players round, i’d have preferd to see event approval sought for this, however i can reasonably see how an admin could see this as insignificant enough.

Resolution:
Mat will recieve counciling on what makes an event enjoyable or not enjoyable, and be sternly reminded that any large-scale interventions in a round do infact require approval from a seniormin+.
Since there was no form of malicous intent and the only violation of conduct is relieant on subjective judgement of wether or not pressing the braintrauma button is event-scale interference, a talking to will be all.
This incident will of course stay on record though for refence regarding future events.

1 Like