Mat05usz Admin application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Mat05usz

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Mat05usz#8583

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
I live in GMT +1, so I’m available from like 13 PM(or way earlier) to like 1/4 AM. I sometimes get up faster, sometimes later, but I want to admin as long as it’s ‘possible’ for me, you know, stuff for university and (maybe) some future intern jobs for holidays, it all takes time, but generally I should be able to admin at least few hours a day.

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
I don’t really want to bring any changes, apart from filling empty admin slots when they are needed. I have seen LRP/MRP being without any admin for 4 or even 6 hours straight, I want to fill it.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:
As I said in previous answers, I want to be an admin when there are mostly none. I want to make this game better for everyone, and make sure that those that don’t want to obey rules, get punished.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
I have been playing SS13 for almost a year now, and I have something about 1300 hours.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Same as before, I have never played on any other server than Bee.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
If you count clicking till ‘spessman horizontal’ then 6/7, if not then probably 8.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
5? or 6 maybe? I know some verbs and general UI, as I try to code some things for Bee (which, unfortunately, hasn’t been PRed by me yet).

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
I have adminned 3 CoD4:MW servers, but it was back when I was a kid (13 years old or something, so like 2012), and I don’t remember it really.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
None.

Your strengths:
I think my biggest strength is (or some may call it a weakness) that I want to know what is happening/happened. I don’t base my judgements on ‘hearsays’, I wanna know every side of the story.

Your weaknesses:
Probably lack of patience for liars, even if I present them with facts and they still refuse them and go with their story. I kinda know that lies are often in ahelps, but logs don’t lie.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Probably liars, but those can be handled real quick with logs.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Listening to other staff members and presenting constructive opinions on topic you are discussing, not going unga and saying ‘mm my opinion is better than yours ook, shut the fuck up.’. It is especially important if more experienced staff members are telling you something.

What makes a staff team good?:
In case of any problems, listening to each other, trying to understand and then presenting a constructive opinion. There are no good teams when there are ‘teamfights’, just be chill and try to work on common solution.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To make the server better for everyone, punishing those that broke rules, telling them why they are punished and giving them an opportunity to defend themselves. We are all humans and mistakes happen.

What kind of player are you?:
I consider myself as a helpful person. Before I got ‘promoted’ to a mentor, I used to help new people anyways, showing how to do things etc. So I won’t be a ‘cunt’ towards ahelping/ahelped people.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I might get new perspectives as how other players see the server/game, especially on LRP, where I used to play all the time but recently I ‘turned’ into MRP only player.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Clown is allowed to prank crewmembers, and stealing/spacing HoSs gun might be considered as his ‘ultimate prank’. It’s an IC problem, if it isn’t a green shift I would teleport the gun to HoS office, as it is, or might be (if there are midround traitors joins) an objective for some. After all I would cancel the ‘ahelp’ as an IC issue.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
First of all, I would ‘ajail’ the person, then I would ask a simple question ‘why did you try to plasmaflood?’. While he is ajailed I would look at his notes, his playtime and his response, because maybe he did it because he fucked up some pipes. But, 99,99% of the time he is a griefer, and I would just perma him.
(The entire ajail thing etc is because I once did a fuck up and connected plasma pipe to o2, which led to some plasma in air tank and it might’ve been considered as ‘sophisticated’ try on plasmaflood griefeing, which it obviously hasn’t (fortunately I spotted it and somewhat filtered the air tank), but I wouldn’t want to permaban a person because he fucked up the same way as I once did.)

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Nothing, sometimes you just missclick with recipes and blow the machine, or just don’t know exact temperatures and blow the heater. IC issue and that’s it.

As a side note, please do not take my application lightly because of some recent admin resigns, or similar things. I want the staff to look at it as if there weren’t any known problems.

1 Like

Sorry fam, but this is an echo chamber -1 and because you called me unbased and cringe

T:+1

Because that was a lie fam, those are some solid answers and a reasonable amount of hours to understand our current rules and policies and also that your most recent note was from 2 months ago. You got my +1

I will say it again, unbased and cringe, what trialmin gon do :woman_shrugging:

Also these hidden notes are sad, as I thought I’m the jewel and hadn’t been noted since january.

You fool, that was a lie. You never called me anything. Also, if you did. I literally didn’t care enough to remember it

Or you didn’t notice it :flushed:

Robust doctor, can keep almost whole medbay by his own. Always helpful and enjoyable to play with. Shown me how Chem plumbing works.

While I cannot give you a vote, I really support this and think you would make a good beemin.

1 Like
You don’t see me

I don’t have access to notes at the moment, but I can throw you a +1 off of recent memory alone.
I see you actively answering mhelps when you can, and I don’t think I’ve seen you causing issues at all as far as I can remember.

+1
T: +2

Usually recognising people in applications is a bad thing, but from what I have seen I think you are a pretty decent player especially with a 0.004 notes per hour. Haven’t seen any trouble before and only 7 notes in 1500 hours.
+2 from me.

You’ve proven your ability to help players out as a Mentor.

You also have minimal notes and 1500+ hours.

+2

A solid choice for administration, +2
T:+8

Accepted at a total +8.

Will grant perms shortly.