Making all permabans unappealable for an entire year is fucking stupid

That is incorrect.

See the bottom of the announcement, highlighted in blue.

As self-antag? Yes this is literally hardcore grief to do if you aren’t even an antagonist.

This is not hardcore grief - this is a violation of our antag conduct, which varies dramatically from server to server. This is an understandable mistake to make once and would never result in an immediate permaban.

Good, that removes a big chunk of my critique.

Maybe a little bit excessive. Are there plans to make ban times dependant on the server the person is playing on? I can imagine some players (for example the ones joining the game from Sseths vid) plasmaflooding once for the lulz.
I feel like a ban for a month would reach a similar result without permanently removing the player from the playerbase.
But then again, it is no secret that I support a more lenient stance.

Sseth was banned from a number of servers due to his shenanigans in the video, was he not? We really aren’t (at least anymore) friendly to the sort of player that video attracts anyhow for the most part, even on golden the majority of his hijinks are self-antag.

Been a long time since I watched the vid, so I may not be remembering correctly.

3 Likes

Yeah, he got banned from a lot of servers. But it is no secret that a big chunk of new players come from him, due to that video being one of the few highlighting the game (and that with over 5 mill views for a game with usually 1k active players in total)

1 Like

Your images are all kinds of out of order, but since the focus is on the plasma flood situation:

A) This was not a case of intentionally griefing the server, it was a beneficial construction project gone wrong

B) I supported and pushed for the long ban to be kept because I saw it as extreme and willful negligence on their part

C) I was convinced they didn’t realize their setup wouldn’t work as they intended and that they genuinely thought it would work.

Its also not even like half of the bans.

And the other two plasma floods? Or the self antag murders?

edit: ahh sorry, there was only one other plasma flood. Misread that.

I get that you really hate them, but going for their throat at the drop of a pin only makes it look like you have a hardcore personal grudge. They’re not our greatest player, and if they push it hard enough they’ll be waiting a year for an appeal.

Retroactively upgrading one of their bans to permanent isn’t happening here, no point in continuing to derail the topic into a personal rant against a player you dislike.

Thats fine. I asked my question and I got an answer in public.

Thank you for the transparency you’ve shown. Honestly its part of what makes this community tolerable.

The longer i play beestation the longer i get the idea, we are turning into fucking The Guild of Calamitous Intent from Ventrue Bros. We get rules on top of rules for rules and rare rules and admin rulings and validity rules and shit that no one fucking cares about. And all this to moderate a fucking 50 - 100 people community in a dumbass internet game.

Yall need to look in the mirror you fucking clowns. You claim to be a newbie friendly server yet majority of newbies get perma banned with a need to appeal ( like anyone will ever fucking do ). Where on other servers people get warnings and orders to repair their mistake in round, you serve week and month bans, THE WORST FUCKING BAN HANDLING SINCE “all bans are perma” PARADISE POLICY. You make unwelcome, dumb fucking changes that no one asked for : removal of copypasta, filters and now 1 year for appeal which is just icing on the cake.

And now the recent @bluezorua ban. The man commited cringe, big cringe in fact especially on mrp, and he deserved a punishment. But with the new rules you just permabanned the man for a FUCKING YEAR, a regular who in a few hundred hours of playtime had 1 ban, i repeat 1 BAN. There are so many more fucking more detrimental, shitter assholes ( me being one of them, not gonna beat around the bush), that ate a lot more bans and deserved the perma far more than a guy who had a braint fart in one round. Hell, even i ate an ERP perma ban for telling arresting security to suck my dick with a right to appeal. And with “second” chance now gone, you just thanos snapped a player who, in my fucking humble opinion, deserved a second chance more than I ever did.

I swear to god the only reason i play here is because i like LRP folks and terry is having an epileptic shock every 2 rounds with time dilation of 40%.

19 Likes

His appeal is being handled in private.

4 Likes

]

That has nothing to do with transparency. Do you see how much attention and people screaming this cases produces? Making it public would only make it so people scream in the thread, thread gets unlisted, ???

2 Likes

Any sort of public ban appeal by Blue would just be peanuted to holy hell, judging by the uproar it’s already caused. I don’t blame staff for not making it a public thing. While I’m leaning more on the side of Blue’s ban being excessive, my opinion is irrelevant as a player because he broke the rules quite clearly and made someone in the community uncomfortable enough to create a report in the first place. This isn’t a case of “adjust your sensitivities” - if Blue were playing on an ERP-friendly server he would have had to ask in LOOC if it was OK to do that kind of RP or risk a bean even in places where previously agreed upon roleplayed rape is OK.

As some might know, I help run a business that includes permanently banning people and organizations from our business who do us wrong. We do have “permanent ban without appeals” and they are reserved for: NSFW content (as the business is on ROBLOX, a kids game), exploiting and rampant and consistent toxicity. Unfortunately, Blue falls into the first category and if he were to do what he did in my business, he would have received the same response.

It being “extreme” in my eyes - which I barely believe it is - stems from the fact that as a mentor, he has put in hours helping and facilitating this community. In that same vein, however, he was a mentor and should have known better before taking the action he did. I get we get carried away in RP sometimes and like to get up to funny memes that come to our very messed up brains, but we should all have the ability to temper ourselves before we ruin the experience for someone else.

2 Likes

It’s possible that it’s being handled in private just because his forum account and discord account were banned, more than managing any peanut posting.

It’s rare but sometimes people do get their ability to post on the forums revoked, though “in private” still means on the forum, just in a group DM with admins. It’s not like some weird single discord DM appeal or something.

Usually several will comment instead of just the ones who issued it in that case too.

5 Likes

How I understand it:
You get perma banned to explain - normal appeal.
You get perma banned - if you appeal and your ban is found just and deserved, your appeal will be rejected and you can appeal it in a year with a vouch.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

5 Likes

The thing that i am really afraid of is an admin pressing the wrong button and banning the wrong guy accidently without noticing it. Then said person makes an appeal and the appeal gets instantly closed and not even looked at because “one year is not over”.
I am just a bit worried that people that are on thin ice get banned wrongfully. And are then not even given the chance to explain themselves or defend themselves. Atleast thats how i understood the new ruling.

beestation used to be a fun server, now it takes itself too seriously with the new rulings and forgets its just a 2d spessman game, admins make mistakes too let people appeal it?

edit: does this ruling also appeal to job bans or just server bans?

9 Likes

From what I can gather, it applies to full, proper and correctly applied permanent bans.

If you are permabanned for something you either didn’t do, or you were permabanned for something very minor that obviously shouldn’t be a permaban, I would talk to the head admins to get it fixed.

3 Likes

This still is a very bad discision imo, Atleast players should be encourged to appeal once to explain there side if it isant super obviuse. The shitter types that would plasmaflood woundlt appeal at all anyhow so this mainly is a problem for people that still wana play on bee.

Isant the whole point of a appeal to apply if you think it was unjust to get it looked at again? This flies in the face of it.