Make Validhunting as Brig Phys Bannable

I’m so tired of playing anything and these discount deputies are like hmm you walked into a door you couldn’t open that’s major trespass time to get permad. They have a job, it’s healing prisoners. That’s what they are supposed to do, and if they don’t they are avoiding there job which is literally already bannable

2 Likes

anyone can valid hunt they just need to ask sec if they can become sec and there is nothing you can do

Deputies are flawed as fuck because of that too. Only assistants should be able to become deputies

If I’m running at the speed of light, having a good time and I don’t want to stop at all with the power of benobio at my side and have given security about 80 fully loaded revolvers, why shouldn’t I become deputy?

Because your not an antag, and you shouldn’t just decide to validhunt

If I’m deputy then I’m allowed to validhunt and if there’s a benoboi with god powers zooming around with 100 revolvers then it would be wise as a HoS to deputize him.

Brig physician should be civilian role.

1 Like

I’ve encountered one brig physician who’s actually played more like a real brig physician. I used a freedom implant to get up off the surgery table in the brig and try and escape, dude just put his hands up essentially and was like “okay, not my job” (and probably didn’t have a backpack full of sec weapons) and just let the officers take me down.

And that’s exactly what your supposed to do. It’s medical doctor located in brig, not medical doctor with validhunting permit

I think pragmatically I don’t like the idea of them being a 100% civilian job because there’s scarcely anything for the brig phys to do.

It’s hard to come up with a perfect policy for them really. Same with the detective. They also have the problem of winding up playing as sec officers despite the fact that they aren’t supposed to.

That one is much more acceptable imo, they have reason to do so, they are supposed to be actively looking for antags. Brig phys is supposed to follow warden really

That isn’t necessarily true about det actually, our wiki tells you otherwise. Many other servers specify the same too
(Which doesn’t work because it’s a terrible idea and leaves detective a hollow job)

Also following the warden is a bad comparison
Warden’s a slower paced job, but it still has a lot to do. You’re basically a better HoS than the actual HoS when it comes to actually coordinating security, monitoring the crew, keeping shitsec in line, guarding the armory and reinforcing sec.

Brig phys ain’t got shit so if we decide to be much more strict on them, then it’s probably not a job worth keeping. Hell a lot of the time officers don’t even use you they just use the medbay

Besides I don’t really see the problem in having it where healing is their primary job, but they can assist sec as well as long as it is not to the detriment of their primary duty and there’s a need.

As brig phys I always carry a crew monitor on me and when brig is clean I assist in medical emergencies.

brig phys is not to be blamed because he can see on the crew monitor that you are murdering someone and can be one of the first responders

So I wouldn’t even call it valid hunting.

Also I believe some paramedics also get in similar situations by accident and end up having to defend themselves without any gear against a traitor

Major paramedic moment too. I can’t help it if I’m responding to a dead body with sensors maxed out and you’re still stabbing their dead corpse when I arrive. I’ll turn and run if allowed to, but that’s rarely the case. If I get cornered I’m gonna fight back.

I do agree that brig physician shouldn’t be getting deputized or acting as security, but rather Security’s personal paramedic. Outfitting with weapons at roundstart as brig phys is no different than any other normal crew doing it - especially with the station starting on Green Alert on MRP.

If Im playing Brig Phys and I check the crew monitor and theres deds in maints Im gonna go haul those deds out of maints, because otherwise their corpses usually just stay there the whole round. Part of the problem is I fairly often wind up playing sec on rounds with a low number of sec. Often just me and one other sec guy.