Make MRP Medium Roleplay Again!

I mean I’m not saying it was good, people asked for examples I gave examples, I never insulted admins and I’m not blaming them I respect what you said but I was just talking about the stuff I experienced and like I said in my original post I’m not saying new MRP is bad nor am I saying that it’s not MRP I’m just saying it wasn’t the MRP that I started out in and grew accustomed to, I’d rather not start an argument about MRP and I hope you have a great day

Could you delete the uncivil posts instead of closing this discussion? This is a very important topic.

Oh, I’m not arguing my man. I agree with you, the reason I play sec is so that I can brig all the shitters that break into departments instead of asking, the retards that deconstruct walls to get wherever they feel like and to harmbaton people hacking doors.

The thread wasn’t staying locked, I did that to slow the incoming flow down a bit - was already working on cleaning it up

And I deleted entire big comment because thought you wanna close it…

Then why are you arguing with crack? This is exactly the sec behaviour that is acceptable on mrp and is not part of the problem.

From my own personally experience I have had a security guard shove me down at the beginning of the round just because I was reading my pda. Checks it, finds nothing but proceeds to hound me all round.

Contact the admins, they write it off as ok ic behaviour, “It’s secs job to valid hunt”. Which would be true on an lrp server for sure. But on mrp that should not fly, what reason would a professional security agent of nanotrasen hound me all round with no proof of guilt?

On other mrp stations such as yog this would of led to a job ban or at least a warning. Not saying that it should be the case here but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Because it is sec job to valid hunt? Traitors, or antags in general, are WELL better equipped than regular security officer on blue alert, so it is for their own safety to check sus behavior, it even is stated in blue alert that they may perform random searchings if they think this is proper.

So it’s ok for a professional sec officer of nanotrasen to do this? Remember rule 3 here on mrp.

1. You Must Roleplay

Your character is a grown adult working on a research station for a major company. You are a professional. Act like it.

How is it professional to hound an innocent medical doctor all round because you saw he was reading his pda?

And security officers are told that syndicate allows people to use uplinks via PDA, so on blue alert they check it before asking questions, for their own safety.

He had already checked it once, saw it was clean, but continuously hounded me all round, not even roleplaying. Just shoving cuffing and searching me all round, any chance he saw me.

This is more or less what I was referring to in my post. I think almost everyone here has experienced this in one way or another on the MRP server, and the bad behavior was significantly more rare and was punished a lot more harshly (in contrast with LRP) – but when LRP melded with MRP and lost all of it’s pop, it essentially became LRP with a few extra rules, and admins began excusing LRP behavior. There is no one or two posts I can point you to that would adequately illustrate my point, because it’s a problem with the culture as a whole, and I invite people to discuss it.

Honestly I would love to see LRP population return, and people to migrate back to where they came from and we can all live at peace once again. That way we can stick to what we like about this game the most, that being lobbing personal ad-hom attacks on the forums at every single person over every single spess pixel.

2 Likes

I too wish when people were civil, instead of greytiding around the station, Asking the people who worked there if they could get X item and Most of the time be granted it without question.

‘Previous’ MRP was more like weird HRP, nowadays MRP, given admins ban shitters on time (which ye, happens, a lot) is better.

That’s not true. Typically if you were someone outside of a department that would need that item you would have to work pretty hard to justify why you needed it.

1 Like

So what you are saying is that MRP is more like LRP now?

1 Like

Nah, I said it’s not weird HRP that was before, learn to read.

Claims it’s weird HRP, without providing any examples or context after screeching about examples and context.

Not cringe at all my friend, not cringe at all.

Same shit you did here: "Enough people have had their own experiences to come to their own conclusion, without me having to create an enormous wall of text with links to get my point across. Everyone here who has played MRP, and is actually looking for an MRP experience would probably agree with me, because they have run in to the same issues I have, it’s called a common shared experience.

Pointing to one or two examples would not prove anything, as the problem is systemic and I am trying to start a discussion about the overall culture. I understand your mushbrain has a hard time taking all this in, so you lash out like a child looking for attention."

So you agree with me then is what you are saying?

@Ruko

How is this civil discussion, especially coming from a mentor?