Make buttons hackable

Buttons should be able to be hacked, even it is more difficult than a door its still just a button and should not be impossible to get into.

2 Likes

yeah
sure

tide buff? no thank you

1 Like

There’s no button area that doesn’t have a door or another way to get in.

what about blast door buttons?

Blast doors in what area?

If you want to get past a blast door, depower the APC for that area and crowbar it, or bypass it by going around.

but it gives more options which is usually a good thing, and a door is not always available.

1 Like

Almost every button is on the inside of the place they lock down, though.

would be funny if you could cut a wire and make a button electrocute and spark the person who uses it…

1 Like

thats what i am saying, options

But… Make buttons buildable?

3 Likes

i’ve always wondered if you could build buttons but if you can’t it definately should be

making buttons doesnt just serve the utilty of being able to manually trigger without ID, it also opens up utility like attatching a signaller to it so you could say;

remotely trigger the brig windows/bridge windows by just sending a signal on a remote signaller.

2 Likes

And not being able to build these makes it so you cannot possibly rebuild a lot of rooms.

1 Like

oh yeah, why did you drag this out Kazoo?

1 Like

Just open the damned button panel and change the access codes.

I don’t believe that you can open the panel without access. At least last I checked.

Step 1: Turn off equipment and environmental power.
Step 2: Apply crowbar.
Step 3: Remove access board.
Step 4: Manipulate access board.
Step 5: Reverse steps 3 through 1 in that order.

god damnit, @llol111 do the thing.

… why should you have to have acess to the APC to open the button? my point still stands.