Luxlator Note Appeal

CKEY: Luxlator

Admin’s CKEY: FreshMeatLover

Ban Type: Note

Ban Length: Null

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/): 2023-05-19 00:00:34

Round ID: 44087

Ban Reason: Minor note related to them chasing a heretic a short bit as a non antagonist bartender after said heretic attacked a customer in the bar. Has been reminded of the fact that the bartender is not an experienced soldier and that in most cases self defense is fine but chasing someone isn’t.

Appeal Reason: Just wanted to give more information. Uhm. Sorry never did this before. So the heretic in question was warned a couple times to stay away from patrons by patrons. And other people attacked him first with melee. I only shot him with beanbag rounds that bartender gets to defend the bar. I wasn’t actively chasing him more pacifying him like I would any drunk player. I will also restate that the botanist wanted to kill him for being a heretic and I defended the heretic telling him to wait for security to come and handle it and let them decide because we aren’t security. I wasn’t trying to actively go after him but prevent him from further injuring or actively killing patrons by standing on top of him.

Like if a guy robs a convince store and has a shotgun or taser shouldn’t he use it to defend his store and wait for police to come?

I’m sorry but just a little confused. Unsure if anyone else who fought the heretic in the bar was spoken to but I wasn’t the only one. I’m sorry just really anxious right now. The conversation in adminpm felt really cut and dry and incomplete but I get it the game has to continue, so I thought I’d bring it here. Yeah? Sorry I’m really confused.

Addition:

Also background wise, uhm Sparrow is from a more frontier less corporate station known as Coda station. It’s like the ghetto meets wild west kinda society. Tight knit families and groups with a lot of gang violence and occasion syndicate prescence/raid.

2 Likes

Although I agree with you in everything else just wanted to say that in real life people are told to not do a thing and let the place be robbed if anyone comes to rob it.

Or when fights occur they’re not supposed to intervene.

It’s different when the shop belongs to a family, a small place, and the person is armed, but usually companies tell their employees not to do anything and just call the police heh.

Cheers!

2 Likes

The shotgun is meant to deal with unruly patrons. Not godhood aspiring cultists.

(And a note isn’t really a big deal. If you learn from it and move on, it won’t be a problem.)

I’ve never had this happen before so I don’t know how respond…honestly. I’ve never been banned before or have had any kinda note that I know of?? I just found out today how to check.

1 Like

In real life most store clerks aren’t provided a gun license and gun by their workplace. SS13 Bartenders are.

SOP even outlines clear instructions for appropriate and inappropriate shotgun usage.

I mean wouldn’t he be considered an unruly patron? Since he was hanging in the bar for a bit a while before and then turned hostile?

5 Likes

Said unruly patron did make attempts to sacrifice me/steal me throughout the shift. Ray McCoy caught onto this, and tried to stop me from being kidnapped. During the bar encounter, after the heretic patron had complained about not being able to ascend, Ray had made a remark stating “If you want to get her, you’ll have to get through me.” The heretic then tried to get through him, which led to the fight and the shotgun being shot.

2 Likes

Yeah, and I tried to get Security involved too but they kept ignoring the situation (inconclusive proof, maybe idk)

Got my teeth kicked in by this guy in the bar after I tried to protect Vivyan (which, by the way, wasn’t the only encounter with the guy, he tried to steal Vivyan in medbay mid surgery and a few times before that, including , if I recall, in the bar too)

Anyway, the encounter in the bar remained in the bar. It wasn’t taken outside or anything

1 Like

Just remember, notes are not a form of punishment, they’re to keep track of events the player has done that are remarked either negatively, neutral or positively and it tend to involves rules and situations related to that, this seems like a very small “Hey keep an eye on remembering Bartender SoP and use the shotgun wisely and not to valid hunt” Which from what i’ve read seem to be the case, a situation that the admin perceived it got out of hand by the rule standards or their PoV.

If you were (which i know you won’t because i know you’re a very honest player Sparrow) to rack up events of you using lethals on people that throw your drinks, or chase someone from bar to medbay with your shotgun an admin could look at your note history and apply a punishment accordingly to your note/ban record and the situation itself.

Small edit: Also relax! i understand any first bwoink can induce anxiety, but in the end it’s not that big of a deal it’s just a note that details the events

And

Said unruly patron did make attempts to sacrifice me/steal me throughout the shift. Ray McCoy caught onto this, and tried to stop me from being kidnapped. During the bar encounter, after the heretic patron had complained about not being able to ascend, Ray had made a remark stating “If you want to get her, you’ll have to get through me.” The heretic then tried to get through him, which led to the fight and the shotgun being shot.

I don’t remember which job was Roy playing if it’s the round where Geoffrey ascended but… while it’s true he would be classified as an “unruly patron” if they displayed out of the ordinary stuff or very deadly/violent behaviours i.e Mansus grasp, fart smoke, fire powers, ashen passage, curved blade, at the very best after shooting a couple of bean bangs the best option is to call security and flee the area since preservation of your own life is something that’s mentioned in the rules, there’s a line between trying to save your friend/someone where it becomes validhunting, hence why it’s always encouraged to avoid individuals that have displayed dangerous behaviour, if sec is unable to assist to the scene you can try to flee, ask Ai for help, and do moderate escalation according to the situation presented.

OK so it’s not like an official warning? I legitimately don’t know how this works.

But yeah. I think sec was on the way I just thought this was like a warning or a bad mark or something that could lead to a ban and anxiety kicked up. I’ve literally never been banned before and don’t plan on it.

Ultimately nobody who has posted can say, only an admin can.

Everyone here so far is just posting as much information about and relating to the incident as possible.

Its always good to have people give relevant information, if they were involved in the incident.
But stop posting in ban appeals just to state your oppinions man, we dont care.

Oh uhm. Sorry wasn’t sure where to put this. Im sorry. Uhm. I guess this can be closed if I did something wrong by opening it. I didnt know what to do. Im sorry.

They’re responding to me, don’t worry about it. Someone will take a look at your request when possible :slight_smile: and either see it fit to keep it, edit the note to be more accurate or remove it

Also honestly notes aren’t something to freak out over and be really stressed out. Just a way for staff to track the history of players and react accordingly

Alrighty, so first and foremost apologies for taking so long to resolve this report. Been quite busy IRL currently.

After looking into the logs again and judging the whole situation I have decided to remove this note. I believe what you did there was more or less fine.
Sometimes it can be hard to judge/uncover what exactly happened, during the heat and rush of a round, especially at roundend.

Keep in mind though still, that even as a bartender your character is not an experienced soldier. While dealing with unruly customers can be fine, the same does not apply to chasing or going beyond just defending yourself.

Thank you for the appeal!