LRP: Should The AI Protect Everyone?

Should The AI Protect Everyone?
  • Yes. I play human and believe everyone should be protected.
  • Yes. I play non-human and believe everyone should be protected.
  • No. I play human and believe only humans should be protected.
  • No. I play non-human and believe only humans should be protected.

0 voters

Curious to see where this goes. Leave your reasons and thoughts here.

when i used to play lrp it was fun fighting and dying against borgs because you broke a window leading into space we should bring it back to mrp

1 Like

asimov for mrp too 2020

6 Likes

depends on job.
Medical man? yeah maybe save em.
Greyshirt that just hacked into aux base? Nah fuck em.

If anything i think asimov is more fitting for mrp since it makes for far better (more interesting) social enivroenment with there actually being a racial conflict on board, but the reason i vote for it to stay on lrp is because i believe that even lrp still has some rp and if i am to believe that something enhances it on one server, i dont see the reason for lrp to lose it. Though if we would swap it with mrp (so crew for lrp and human for mrp) i wouldnt be against it, because that would make sense. Mrp gets rp, lrp gets less restrictions of play.

4 Likes

I havent played on bee lrp for a good year, but I have played on tg lrp rather recently.

Gotta say that silicons actively seeking a reason to kill you, or denying you everything simply because “i dont have to” gets really old after awhile.

I took a break from playing lizard on tg for awhile to play head roles and what not, but im way too used to the lizard brotherhood and i feel naked without it.

I really only see silicons use it to validhunt non humans. If the rules regarding silicon escalation were given more scrutiny, it’d probably be pretty fun

what a fucking nerd 20

Currently 67% like the way things are, 33% think it should be crewsimov.

I voted Asimov and play non-humans. It secretly makes LRP players roleplay by thinking they aren’t roleplaying. :thinking:

Make ya roleplay, nerds.

I play nonhuman and would love asimov to stay on lrp, it’s much much more interesting. I would also love to see it on mrp, because it’s interesting like I said, and also we see way way too many non-humans. I’d say about 50/50 non-humans to humans

humans are literally a minority on sage🤮

5 Likes

Yeah its a problem but considering that it shouldnt be that way and people will probably be punished for validhunting id like to see it atleast tested
Edit: now that i think about it silicons literally do nothing but validhunt to see a loophole in their laws to fuck the station, and its okay, i think, because we patch out the bullshit loopholes (putting the entire station to sleep without suffocating it is quite easy as an ai and not against any laws, yet still bannable) by banning the ais already, literally just have to bring this mentality over to the asimov issue and voila

On LRP the AI is asimov by default, but they seem to listen to you no matter what species you are as long as you’re competent and not annoying. Kinda interesting to see.

2 Likes

Someone runs up and toolboxes you, you push them away, maybe punch them a couple times. Silicon sees and is forced to intervene against you at first non-lethally and if ordered, help beat the shit out of you because they were human and you were not.

Not really the fault of the player forced into killing you, it’s the fault of the shitter/antag who started it. Worse if it actually was an unjustified attack.

ai’s simply would not listen to non-humans on mrp seeing as how annoying they are :triumph:

Nosimov:

A robot may not injure a or, through inaction, allow a to come to harm.

A robot must obey orders given to it by , except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Acording to this pol about 50% of players on LRP play non humans.
Is that quite right ? :thinking:

Where does it mention LRP players in the poll? This is in general.

1 Like