LRP is for joke names chaotic fun

MRP is for roleplaying, with room for some amount of chaos from time to time. If you don’t like contributing to a role-playing environment and think we are destroying your fun, please just give Golden a chance.

Golden is not the cesspool it has a reputation for being and it is not a containment server for self-antag and grief - that shit is against the rules there as well, it just needs an increase in body count and players that are willing to report self-antag to the admins instead of acting like it’s normal. And it has admins now

Make Golden Great Again

Bring the bustling chaos over to it

Make Sage Great Again

Act like your character would

2 Likes

image predominantly mrp players voting on this

I accidentally voted for the wrong option on that vote

Also let me mention

-Xileel is a Skyrim reference
-Deeja-Xileel is literally a Skyrim character

-referencing a snack food vs referencing an unrelated game character
these seem pretty equivalent honestly if not referencing an unrelated character seems worse considering there were ~4000 people with the last name dorito and 35,090 with the last name doritos around the world

also, note there are like 2 other admins with technically inappropriate names who I won’t throw under the bus

also not saying “nick dorito” is the best mrp name as it isn’t but the guy has had the name for over 500 hours and a year it would be pretty annoying to have to change your name after it being ignored for so long.

2 Likes

There were no admins on at the time of you posting this and there are currently none. :thinking:

LRP antag guidelines could use an update to reflect this. The minimum objectives are often ignored and in some cases, such as heretics, not included on the rules page. May as well remove them or put it to a vote. It’s pretty out of place with people named Dickbutt McFuckass and keeping them just adds more work for the staff and gets people into trouble.

Gotta process this and this before you ask for more :100: :100: :100:

The number of players that are already genuinely neurotic and not pretending is plenty honestly.

1 Like

what did you mean to vote for

So is there a new guideline for naming your characters in game? Or is this all being made up on the go in light of my situation?

Maybe these could be the guidelines for MRP: If you’re a male you will go by John Doe, if you are a female you will go by Jane Doe. Don’t allow alien races as that’s not realistic enough there’s no proof that Lizard People or people made of Plasma exist.

John Doe (348) is your captain for today!

1 Like

I meant to vote for Nick Dorito being an okay name

1 Like

I dont know how to put this but. The reason server tribalism is getting way worse is because MRP is taking away all the fun things that people like most MRP knew who nick dorito was and got on well with him personally i had good RP experience’s with him even with his name.

LRP players think MRP is cringe because of stuff like this, and because of that LRP players start to become less likely to give MRP a go and make MRP players less likely to play LRP because of LRP players stance towards MRP.

3 Likes

I think we should have a vote instead of just fighting over it. We could vote on whether or not nick dorito is a suitable name or not since arguing like this is going no where.

2 Likes

If you’re going to ban people for names you can’t ban them after they’ve used it for a fucking year, longstanding characters should be grandfathered through any tightening of the rules, the fact that he’s only getting forced to change it now means you missed the boat by months.

3 Likes

TFW you live in a third world country and never had doritos so you thought it was just a last name for a year.

5 Likes

The players define the roleplay. “medium roleplay” doesn’t mean someone gets banned for referencing a dorito it means they get banned when they have their name something that isn’t logically a human name eg. “ung blob”, “Tiananmen square massacre” etc

2 Likes

Yes names have always had rules we are literally all aware of this. But it’s seemingly being updated as this whole situation develops. Has my name ever been an issue before this? Once yes but it was determined to be grandfathered hence the note on my account.

Where was this attitude towards me and my name when i was a ling, literally running around the station stinging people with the transformation sting that turned them into Nick Dorito? When there was an entire station full of little bald men named Nick Dorito? No where, that was nowhere to be found.

2 Likes

not to pile on lol but i don’t think Nick Dorito’s name is standing in the way of progress. thats all i got

1 Like

John Sex has already been handled internally. I’m not aware of any others offhand because I’ve been playing exclusively LRP to make sure it has extra coverage.

Elder Scrolls actually, not just Skyrim. The entire lizard race is an Elder scrolls reference for that matter, and that’s what their naming convention are based on.

Ashwalkers and the Random Name button for lizards follow the native naming scheme for the An-Xileel/Argonians. The other naming convention “verb-the-noun” is also born from them.

So yes, of course my lizardperson name bears resemblance to Elder Scrolls Lizardpeople. It is supposed to, since their naming conventions were directly taken.

Still has pretty regular coverage now :thinking:

I plan to, doesn’t mean more shouldn’t be made if there aren’t more issues. Keep reporting shit if it turns up.

Yes, it’s been brought up many times, both as an example to justify other bad names and also turned down for action because you’ve had it for a long time.
Ung Glob being used in this way was really the breaking point though from my perspective.

if it has why is it being brought up now and not when it first became a problem

1 Like

a bear resemblance vs a direct reference to a Skyrim character don’t underplay it it’s literally a Skyrim lizard your name is literally a Skyrim lizard not a name that resembles one, if you get exemption then so should nick dorito

The admins are trying to get the easy way out of the divide between mrp and lrp by tightening rules instead of actually doing what matters like stopping shitters. Instead of being more strict, they should actually THINK about the repercussions of their bans. What they are doing right now with Nick Dorito is just proof of that. They think getting rid of names like that will help but in actuality, it won’t do jack shit. They need to listen to the players and adjust the rules accordingly but not to the point where shitters decide the rules like with council.
Edit: If any of you admins truly care about the player base then please listen to them.

4 Likes