LRP Acting Captain Rules

That would be pretty neat. The new ruleset does not smoothly align with the actual ingame setup.

1 Like

Hell yeah, I would be extremely appreciative.

And I think thatā€™s the core of the misunderstanding between me and Ruko. To me it seems like the code and the rules should reflect one another, but itā€™s the same chaotic code base but now with such an orderly set of rules, they donā€™t fit together well. When issues arise because of that difference I think people need to open to hearing suggestions if beestation is gonna thrive long term, not just get mad and basically go ā€œit is what it isā€. I know the admins and coders arenā€™t the same people, but I feel there is some responsibility to make sure the rules and code base reflect one another.

You mean Bay? Cause thats how we do it on Bay. Whoever is the most Senior head of staff is acting CO.

Is that implemented on TG where thereā€™s a piece of paper in every head of staff locker that has the combo to the safe the spare is in?

Captainā€™s Spare ID - Now kept on the bridge in a safe. The Captain spawns with a piece of paper containing the code to this safe. If thereā€™s no captain, it falls to the chain of command from HoP at the top through to QM at the bottom. This roughly follows Chain of Command - /tg/station 13 Wiki with creative freedom for where the CE and CMO are placed.

The safe for the Captainā€™s spare is impervious to ordinary weaponry. It cannot be hacked. Itā€™s immune to melee, bullets, lasers and energy weapons. It is weak to explosions and can be corroded with acid. Its description hints at these two weaknesses. Players may find other creative ways to open it outside of these intended weaknesses.

1 Like

I have made a code bounty to have this fixed. I think fixing these problems when we find them is important, much better then shaming and insulting players for not working around the disconnect between code base and rule set. Who ever fixes this will make 35 bucks.

Ok, I think I finally kinda get it. The game doesnt force heads into a acting captain role, but it does require that a head of staff secures the disk and spare Id(so if there is only one head of staff, itā€™s solely on their shoulders). I still think this is too difficult for a non captain head as is, but I think bloons idea could be an excellent fix.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.