Lower maximum movement speed for players

Skill issue thread
Literally use brain to deal with it.

Also nobody ever mentioned that bicycle from puzzle space ruin that can still appear for expo team or anyone using a shuttle.

1 Like

Old Golden movespeed be like
lightningspeed

It took me a little while to get used to sage speed, but I think sage speed is alright, since lasers arent bullshit easy to dodge and pve is actually hard

You are simply lacking in skill department to feel that. Movement speed is alright but jetpacks are too fast.

Skill is irrelevant when you can train pve endlessly. I went from looking up to other people to being able to solo lavaland within an hour within like 2 months of sporadic playing. The issue is there’s gonna be countless deaths until you learn everything, so it does take effort.

the speed boost from everything else is fine and should stay the same,
but the fact that space battle boils down to “who has a jetpack wins over who doesn’t” or “whose jetpack lasts longer than the other wins”, isn’t good.

Many antags already get fucked by it (space dragons, pirates, fugitives/Hunters and any other antag who has to go to space but didnt have time to grab a jetpack), and it’s just not fun to dance around in space for 20 minutes next to someone who either dances too and is unhittable, or next to someone who cannot dodge most of your shots and is unable to fire back

is it hard? yes. Is it hard for me? no, its just that every other miner sucks at it apparently

Usually, what I do is use run for manuevering and walk mode for attacking. I have my switch movement key set as SPACEBAR instead of Alt to prevent it from forcing me to walk whenever I open a container, and because ALT Clicking makes you open a menu of the floor in your sidetab instead of attacking.

Also, Hunter is bloody amazing. What you do is you use the tackle to hardstun/disarm your opponent, grab them and start dragging them away from their weapons while you hack and slash them into crit with your 20 damage claws. Once you land the tackle, your opponent is pretty much screwed.

Hitting the tackle is a lot like hitting your opponent with Bolas. You have to wait until they’re moving in a straight line, when they’re charging you or running away from you.

ITT: Local bee-mains post trollfaces while defending stupidly OP shit

We built this city on OP gear and Torll

I’m fine with lowering jetpack speed only because space exploring via jetpack is no more

Spread banana peels and broken glass shards in the halls, problem will solve itself.

2 Likes

Also wanted to say that in the first reply

If you really want, you can always get access (or break in), make your own machinery, or ghetto it up. There’s a whole ghetto chem wiki page.

Endgame is still there, but way more tedious. You can always do bounties for cargo and order strange seed crates.

Miners are still alright, and AFAIK, explo only swims in tools/utility. The best guns you can get are a prototype laser gun, alien las gun and a bootleg hiero staff pistol (the latter of two which are a little more powerful.)

Instead of giving you a meme response like git gud, I’ll just tell you that as long as explosions exist and you don’t have a bomb suit, there will always be a 50 pot 50 water nade ready to instagib you. You can’t get rid of bullshit onehitkill things, that would require a good revamp of what we have.

Counter offer. Increase movement speed but also increase shit like projectile speed

1 Like

Return to LRP and slap a new sticker on it like 100% Local Honey or something.

1 Like

Increase your internet speed

Cope

1 Like

Counter offer, make projectiles hitscan to account for time dilation.

1 Like