Looping Iterator with Mux Output

Since this serves no current functionality, beyond being a proof of concept - I’ll post it. The following is a box, that iterates an internal counter by 1 - until a limit is reached, then loops back to 1. A button is used to iterate the count, and a medium screen is used to display the current iteration.
Use this as a foundation to examine how one could create iterating variables, looping variables, and utilize Mux into usable output. To learn what all this means, see the guide.

{“assembly”:{“type”:“type-a electronic mechanism”},“components”:[{“type”:“button”},{“type”:“starter”},{“type”:“sixteen multiplexer”,“inputs”:[[1,0,5],[2,0,“Test 1”],[3,0,“Test 2”],[4,0,“Test 3”],[5,0,“Test 4”],[6,0,“Test 5”],[7,0,“Test 6”],[8,0,“Test 7”],[9,0,“Test 8”],[10,0,“Test 9”],[11,0,“Test 10”],[12,0,“Test 11”],[13,0,“Test 12”],[14,0,“Test 13”],[15,0,“Test 14”],[16,0,“Test 15”],[17,0,“Test 16”]]},{“type”:“memory chip”,“name”:“MEM COUNT”,“inputs”:[[1,0,5]]},{“type”:“greater than gate”,“inputs”:[[1,0,5],[2,0,16]]},{“type”:“addition circuit”,“inputs”:[[1,0,5],[2,0,1]]},{“type”:“constant chip”,“name”:“CONSTANT 1”,“special”:1},{“type”:“memory chip”,“name”:“MEM ADD”,“inputs”:[[1,0,5]]},{“type”:“tenth-sec delay circuit”},{“type”:“medium screen”,“inputs”:[[1,0,“Test 5”]]}],“wires”:[[[1,“A”,1],[6,“A”,1]],[[2,“A”,1],[4,“A”,1]],[[3,“I”,1],[4,“O”,1]],[[3,“O”,1],[10,“I”,1]],[[3,“A”,1],[4,“A”,2]],[[3,“A”,2],[10,“A”,1]],[[4,“I”,1],[7,“O”,1]],[[4,“I”,1],[8,“O”,1]],[[4,“O”,1],[6,“I”,1]],[[4,“A”,1],[9,“A”,2]],[[5,“I”,1],[6,“O”,1]],[[5,“A”,1],[6,“A”,2]],[[5,“A”,2],[7,“A”,1]],[[5,“A”,2],[9,“A”,1]],[[5,“A”,3],[8,“A”,1]],[[5,“A”,3],[9,“A”,1]],[[6,“O”,1],[8,“I”,1]]]}

Pictured: Partial expected output. Note that there is a mandatory 0.1 second delay between iterations, which could probably be overcome with some cleverness. I went with the method that was most apparent to me.

Shoot! I meant to post this to the Circuits subcategory of Guides - please move it.

EDIT: Thanks.

wtf is going on. ppl on ss13 really geniuses playing 2d spaceman game. nerd

I actually encountered someone last shift who told me they’re a CS major IRL - so, yes? I like circuits. I want people to be able to use circuits more effectively.

EDIT: Just because you’re a smoothbrain, doesn’t mean others are.

1 Like

being a smoothbrain is pretty fun tho

I’m just curious as to why you’d click a thread with an obviously nerd title, for a nerd module, in a nerd subcategory of Guides - and expect something other than nerd shit. :thinking:

1 Like

I didnt expect anything other than nerd shit but I came to see if I could have the slightest clue of what was going on, and I didn’t
Also, it was in the recent section, and I read most of the recent section

Fair enough.
To elaborate - the point of this code is to show people how they can use the Mux component, how they can add 1 to a variable over and over, until it reaches a certain point - then go back 1.
Looping Iterator with Mux Output.

what is mux, and is this able to be turned into something cool?

I describe what Mux does in the Guide I linked in the OP. Read the Guide.
tl;dr - first variable indicates an input from a list of inputs, which is sent to the output. Consider how this might be useful in, say, generating multiple Screen component messages, without having a million Equal components, and bending over backwards with Memory components.
If you want to see what this code does, use it in-game or on a private server, then look at the components. It’s all pretty self-explanatory, if you read the guide.
Personally, I’ve generated this code after struggling with it for a round - I’m going to use it in a pAI Mobile Assembly, so that the user can select what happens when they click. The Mux will send its output variable to a few Equal gates, which will be Pulsed by the LeftClick Pulse Pin on the pAI interface component - and checked to see if they equal the output of the Mux. If it does, then the particular function will be activated.

Oh, and one more time - read the guide.
I go into absolutely autistic-tier depth in explaining how2circuit. If you read it, not even the whole thing, you will know how2circuit - and be able to ask the right questions, which I can then answer.