CKEY: Howluinb

Offender’s CKEY: LodedDiper

Offender’s In-Game Name: Bane Chuck

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 12/15/2022

Round Number: 41815

Rules Broken: 12, head of staff conduct/ 8, do not grief/ 1, you must roleplay

Incident Description:

Round starts, I get an ID from HoP declaring me as a representative of the Council of Assistants. I spend time setting up manifestos, printing a lot of them. Roleplaying with various crewmembers to indicate of what I’m doing and seek simply vocal support. (no one wanted to partake and I was fine with that.)
I then proceed to spread them everywhere - manifestos requesting pay raise, maint access for everyone & right to bear arms.

My goal was to be a completely passive, non dangerous crewmember acting for rights for the station. i never threw a single punch, and my most dangerous action was slipping the hos multiple times (but never taking his weapons despite him dropping it like, 10 times, not kidding)

All throughout, everytime some bad event happened, no matter what, i would claim i did it all. Sentient machines ? I did it. Weird explosion ? All me. Big bomb that kills people ? That was me. With enough time, i’d have claimed I did xenos. I even claimed I had every sec member’s mom’s contact, and that i had photoshopped them doing drugs and various shameful activities like it, telling them they’d be hated by their mom for life.

Point is, I was lying, absolutely, obviously, all throughout. While doing this, I kept trying to interact with the captain Bane Chuck, and get some sort of RP interaction from him - either a negotiation talk, calling me a liar, setting up a trial, whatever, anything that involved actually talking to me.

Instead, Bane decided that the best course of action was to ignore me, talk with me for 3 seconds before saying “no” and leaving, never actually bothering to like, interact with the completely pacifist assistant trying to start an rp interaction that would have made the round a bit more fun for everyone.

And then, when I claimed to have done the bomb, he instantly took it at face value, ignored every officer telling him that was a lie, continued to ignore everything I said even when I went into the comedic and showed I was clearly either insane or a pathological liar, but he did not care.
I just got executed without care, and on the spot, with 0 interaction about it, just, “hey you admitted to it time to execute you lol”

Not even perma. I’d have been fine with a 15 min brig, or at worse perma, because I did do a “union” gimmick - but nah it was more fun for him to just kill me and permanently round remove me lol. Thank god the round got ended quick by xenos, at least.

Additional Information:
I normally would not have reported it, until LodedDiper went on discord, admitted he knew it was a lie and he wasn’t just stupid/oblivious, said he did not care at all, refused to apologize or recognizing that was too far, and then claimed it was completely okay for him to break the rules because
“My character actually takes any admission of guilt very seriously, so I HAD to execute you grand sabotage on the spot.”

9 Likes

Hey there, lodeddiper here. I don’t believe I did anything wrong here, so let me clear up some confusion. This report has claims ranging from misleading to straight up untrue.

I first became aware of the “council of assistants” by them demanding a payraise and maintenance access. I was willing to compromise on either of them, but then they also asked for a right to bear arms, and this was a hard no from me, but none of you would back down on that. Things escalated from there, and one of the assistants was later caught with the curators sword, waving it in a threatening manner at me. You were not “completely pacifist” as you claim you were. You openly said you would take weapons for yourself and followed up on that threat. It was pretty clear for both sides that if this was not dealt with quickly and effectively it would end badly.

Yes, it’s true that OOC I was aware you didn’t actually cause the bombings, or the sentient vendors or whatnot. But the point is that I am not the same as my character. I (the real me behind the screen) knew it was a lie, my character (the guy inside the screen) did not. It wasn’t “obviously” a lie as you claimed, as the council you were in was proven to be prone to violence and were already troublemakers. The announcer for the sentient vendors was vague enough for me to find it metagamey to just say “oh we know explodes didnt cause this, its just a random event”. There was a crime and a clear prime suspect.

I also did not execute you “on the spot”, as you claim. In fact, you were already brigged when I authorized it. And I had good reasons too. My character was convinced at this point that the council of assistants was a terror squad and this would be taking out their leader, thus morally justifying it for him.
My main reason was you causing vendors to explode and be sentient (which you admitted to both personally and on comms) leading to hallways being spaced all around and causing the death of several crewmembers.

Honestly I RPed more that round than you guys did. While you decided to be a nuisance and borderline powergame, I executed in accordance with space law on legal grounds, and even made sec not outright shoot you in your cell but actually use the reeducation chamber. Xenos were confirmed during this happening, and most captains would’ve probably gone off to validhunt them. Not me.

I don’t want this to get personal, so don’t be ashamed to retract the report. This report feels more like a cathartic outlet of emotions than you spotting an offense, so cool off a little, take a break from ss13 and reconsider all this.

TLDR: Your actions have consequences. If you choose to act like a criminal, expect to be treated like one.

1 Like

I was observing this round and even had Explodes truly been behind everything, it would be very hard to argue that that warrants more than a perma. Given every secoff had seen through it all and knew they were lying, you ignored all of them to push for the execution of someone who you hadn’t gathered enough evidence against to justify an execution.

7 Likes

This was a demand from the start.

That was me, I didn’t wave shit, i was just holding it, telling you i wanted to keep it. A sec off came, slipped me, took it, and i never retaliated.

No, I was. I attacked two times in the whole round and that was against the sentient dispensers. The only other act i did was slip the HoS repeatedly while he just stood there.

I never made it threatening on that part, I always just said I wanted weapons to defend myself. Not once have I said anything close to “I will kill you with that weapon.”

The council was only me. Several officers told you it was a lie. You ignored all of them, without a single word, carrying the execution while they screamed.

It quite literally said an anomaly causes them to be sentient.

You came in while i was brigged for the fake bomb admission, asked me to confirm if i did it, said yes, then you wordlessly took me to execution room, and executed me. I tried to get you to talk to me about it, you just ignored it, even despite a xeno threat confirmed you carried on.

I was brigged for 15 minutes. There was no urgency. You could have pacified me with surgery.

I quite literally talked more than i walked throughout the hour long round. You spoke like, 10 lines to me.

Man, please, even outside of all this, you didn’t have to be that condescending against me. That’s just super rude.

Quite literally a lie, several officers said they did tell you on discord.

Nobody was aware we had a xeno threat, yet a trial was never considered.

4 Likes

It’s grand sabotage, therefore capital. If explodes has been behind the vendors, then she has been behind like a quarter of the crew dying and multiple departments being spaced. I’ve seen traitors be executed for less, so why should this be any different?
The only “officer” who “saw through the lie” was the detective who Im still not sure for what reason decided to interverne. A trial could’ve been nice, yes, but it’s not required, and no one would have the time for it anyways.

Are you asking why you shouldn’t execute someone who is actively rping and you cannot actually prove that they are responsible for anything? Then using the excuse that “well other people do it so it’s fine if I do it then!”, not realizing that most people who rush executions only do it because they keep getting away with it?

If someone is actively adding to the round with RP and it’s obvious they aren’t a massive threat to everyone you are doing a disservice to the rest of the players on the round. Then people wonder why there are borderline greenshifts all the time and antags always go for stealthy approaches, it’s because they get round removed the moment they try a gimmick.

6 Likes

This was a demand from the start.

This is blatantly a lie. You did no ask for it at the start, period. Only started with this at the HOPline.

No, I was. I attacked two times in the whole round and that was against the sentient dispensers. The only other act i did was slip the HoS repeatedly while he just stood there.

No you were not. Gathering weapons in a threatening manner is not pacifist no matter how you frame it. I don’t really get why you would do this in the first place. It was very clear I wouldn’t ever give you a weapon license, especially once you started being a nuisance.

I quite literally talked more than i walked throughout the hour long round. You spoke like, 10 lines to me.

Yeah, maybe if you decide to include only the execution and ignore the entire context which is everything that happened before.

The council was only me. Several officers told you it was a lie. You ignored all of them, without a single word, carrying the execution while they screamed.

Read the reply above, but it was only the detective who had literally to do with any of this and just kind of inserted herself into the situation. I didn’t listen to her because she had no say in this matter. If others said it, then either it didn’t go through comms or something else happened.

Nobody was aware we had a xeno threat, yet a trial was never considered.

Actually shocked at this claim. People were screaming about xenos on comms before, loudly. I cannot really discern why you would be dishonest about this. What do you get out of this?

You did not add to the round with RP. You powergamed weapons and were trying to be almost like tiders, just actively trying to hinder me and the rest of security at every moment. You self-antagonized, and now you are shocked you face consequences for it. I regret nothing and I would do this again. I’m just gonna mute this thread and wait until an admin takes it from this point on.

Lol, I wrote a long ass manifesto with numbered demands, that i spread through all the halls before meeting you, and that was given to you before I started speaking. You, didn’t bother reading it even in diagonal and then say that I didn’t rp at all?

No, actually, it is - I don’t even know what is a threatening manner, but carrying it in my hands and telling you i want to keep it (with no threat, clearly implying I was asking rather than threatening), is still pacifism.

Again. I talked to you, and to everyone else, more times than I walked tiles in this round. You talked to me about it for like. 30 times if i’m being generous, and never went beyond saying “lol no” (in essence)

You’re right, I apologize. That should still have been enough for the captain of the station to ponder whether executing a crewmember might not deserve execution, and, maybe, pacifying.
And even then, I quite literally started claiming a bomb would blow up every minute, and kept saying it would. It never happened.

Not before you barged in to exclaim you wanted to kill me. Might get it wrong, though, that is secondhand account since you stripped me off of headset.

This very topic has people claiming that I did, but oh well.

As Peppercats said, it is quite annoying to try and get a RP event to take place (because, again, I only escalated step by step to try and get you to recognize i was worth considering and talking with longer, maybe even consider what i’m saying, or make compromises
I clearly showed myself to be willing - after you said no and started leaving, I instantly told you “Okay, what about melee weapons only ??”.

Oh well, if you’re clearly that unwilling to discuss this, and instead prefer attacking my character, It is indeed better to drop it.

3 Likes

If the captain of the station still went through with an execution after hearing so many blatant lies and was still believing so many empty threats, I’d doubt that the player playing as the captain was genuinely trying to roleplay. Nanotrasen wouldn’t hire a captain so clueless, I don’t think.

6 Likes

So… was there a trial or were they convicted of a 4xx crime?

no to the trial as he just never really bothered with interacting, yes for the conviction, although as others say it really was too much to kill me on pure hearsay, clear lying, and for something that others report to not have caused damage sufficient to be labelled grand sabotage

4 Likes

Also, and this maybe a fault of mine. I was the curator that round. He didn’t gather the weapon. I literally gave it to him after he randomly passed by my office with a vender chasing him. I gave him the sword I had called in (to test out the item for the first time) to help defend myself and him against the venders RPing as a coward.

2 Likes

To be fair, I repeatedly said I would not report because my actions could easily be seen as deserving of being brigged and i would have understood if i was at worst permad, and that while shitsec he probably was just dumb/didnt realize how far he went.

I was only spurred to make a player report after, on discord, i saw loded telling others i deserved it, at which point I asked him to recognize he did wrong/went too far, to which i was only met with troll emojis.

1 Like

I was the AI this round. When the captain said to execute Explodes, I told them not to since they were expensive and I was on revenue laws.

They then went on to say something like :
-“They are an assistant”
to which I agreed with:
-“Exactly”
which they replied with:
-“Exactly.”
-“Hehehehe.” (Not exact words, dont got logs anymore)
This was over security comms.

Feels like the only reason they went on with the execution is because they were only an assistant.
If this is relevant information.

2 Likes

20y mark report bump
(I am joking please get to this whenever most convenient)

2 Likes

Well, from my point of view the execution was very much excessive, maybe Explode could have been put in a cell with a bond until a trial and more information was gathered.
Also inciting riot or arming yourself isn’t really what i would call pacific.
Also since you were suspected of doing a terroristic act that resulted in the death of multiple people (sentient machines) you weren’t really considered pacific.
You still should have been arrested and put to trial, and only if sufficient proof was gathered against you, then you should have been executed/perma/borged.

As discussed before, random event, giant warning in chat

We already discussed that before, too

Yes it’s true that it is a random event that you have no control over but i wouldn’t find it surprisingly if IC the captain doesn’t know that randomly, machines can gain sentience and cause harm. Perhaps the RD or science departement but captain, not really.
So the “Unknown origin” of this anomaly may be one of your acts. Especially if you publicly claim that you are. (In the captain’s eyes)

Again it still doesn’t excuse the execution without trial and solid proof.

As discussed in this very thread, the announcement itself makes it clear a single person cannot cause this. There is no reason for the captain not to be aware of this, considering as you say that RD would know and it is not that rare of an occurence

Bump x2

1 Like