Local jannie bans HoS because jannie thinks AI has actual authority?

Bruh moment? AI has no authority and access =/= clearance. Or are assistants who waltz into armory because the AI opened it for them ok now too?

Not even my ban, was just scrolling through it but bruuuh, bruuuuh lmao

6 Likes

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm why does nobody listen to this chart for god’s sake

2 Likes

can we talk about how shit this chart is though

the warden is clearly in line for hos after security officer but it does a terrible job of conveying that

same with who gets cap if cap dies first, its meant to be HoP afaik

1 Like

It’s more about hierarchy and not who’s next in line if one drops out. Warden has no actual authority over security personnel, that’s the HoS’ job. Warden is there to secure the brig, armory and process prisoners for example. Even though we all know that all the gamer wardens like to cruise around on their secways lungpunching criminals in the hallway :sunglasses:

HoP being next in line for cap always seemed silly to me since he can be an antag, logical choice would be HoS. But it be like that.

Anyway back to the topic, which is this seemingly dumb ass ban.

1 Like

yeah but the warden has the bigger guns therefore the most authority to challenge any power vacuum

its because they have the ID machine and give themselves AA roundstart anyway

1 Like

So if an assistant with a ton of guns is on the station he’s the highest authority? :clown_face:

Giving yourself roundstart AA as HoP is a crime though if I remember correctly. Anyway hnngg topic.

1 Like

this is how LRP works, yes

2 Likes

TECHNICALLY you can argue that Warden would try and mobilize/handle/order sec officers around in the absence of HOS, since he’s literally what HOP is to Captain, but towards the Head of Sec.

Like, literally the CoC graph shows Warden havin’ some control over Sec Officers (Perhaps when there’s no HOS). Not the head of the department but he has some authority.

Also regarding the ban; there was a HOP, right?

Supposedly yea. I wasn’t involved but bloons wrote:

‘’ Acting captain was the HoP
HoS arrested the RD and was “demoting” them without ever saying anything on command comms’’

I’m just really curious about the logs for this situation, because if it is a valid ban the wording on it is stupid as fuck.

I mean ngl chief but them not saying anything in comms is kinda shitty but then again HOP should’ve handled the cap’s locker

It was on MRP.

Towards the start of the round, the AI asked RD to secure the captain’s locker in AI upload (which on that map was inside bridge).
The HoS saw this, and arrested the RD for treason and started to perma/“demote” them without saying anything on command comms.
The HoP (Acting captain) was in their office none the wiser doing HoP/Captain things.

It’s alright to arrest traitors and the such. But before you start perma’ing a head, ask on command comms if anyone else knows what’s going on and least confirm their side of the story.

2 Likes

The AI has no authority though so the AI asking the RD to do shit is upside down world. HoS also seems more suitable for the task of retrieving such an item, or the actual acting captain who appearantly was onboard.

Grand trespass/theft is still grand trespass/theft, the HoS being a mute gamer girl or not isn’t relevant. How is this a valid ban, what rule has been broken. It seems completely an IC matter.

Edit: I feel like for quite some time now jannies just pull shit out of their ass because feeling cute might ban later. One says this is ok, the other says it isn’t.

This is literally a ban over the HoS not communicating on comms even though he enforced space law perfectly fine from the information you gave?

4 Likes

Its been said an I’ll say it too.

AI IS THE BOTTOM RUNG OF AUTHORITY, AN ORDER FROM THE AI MEANS JACK SHIT.

If an assisstant asked you to get the nuke disk for them you wouldnt do it? You can’t fault someone for actually knowing about the chain of command, ESPECIALLY on MRP where RP like the chain of command is encouraged.

3 Likes

It should’ve stayed IC but I still don’t buy no single actor (HOS, RD and AI) not saying anything in Comms.

If no one said anything it should’ve stayed IC. HoS had no context or idea about it.

Maybe post logs hnggg @RiskySikh

2 Likes

logs would be useful but from what I can tell, HoS went too far

There was a misunderstanding, I was supposed to job ban them, not server ban them. It was an honest mistake, and I tried to change the message, but I removed the server ban. I didn’t mean to server ban them, it was supposed to be a job ban, I forgot to change the server ban description to mistake. It wasn’t supposed to be a server ban, sorry for the misunderstanding. I deleted their server ban yesterday. Please forgive me for my mistake, and for the big misunderstanding, it was my fault. I accidentally clicked server instead of job, and I deleted the server ban, but it seems it was still placed on the ban list.

1 Like

bro are you high that physically hurt to read

2 Likes

Sorry, I repeated myself. In a nutshell, I was meant to job ban them, not server ban them as that would be too severe. I realized my mistake, removed their server ban, but it seemed on the public bans list it was still there despite it being removed which caused a misunderstanding.

Care to uh, explain the ban at least in this thread?

so what you’re saying is that you meant to job ban them, not server ban them as that would be too severe. You realized the mistake, removed their server ban, but it seemed on the public bans list it was still there despite it being removed which caused a misunderstanding. You forgot to change the server ban description to mistake. It wasn’t supposed to be a server ban. You then deleted their server ban yesterday. You want us to forgive you for my mistake, and for the big misunderstanding, it was your fault. You accidentally clicked server instead of job, and you deleted the server ban, but it seems it was still placed on the ban list. You where supposed to job ban them, not server ban them. It was an honest mistake, and you tried to change the message, but you removed the server ban. You didn’t mean to server ban them, it was supposed to be a job ban, You forgot to change the server ban description to mistake. It wasn’t supposed to be a server ban, you are sorry for the misunderstanding. You deleted their server ban yesterday. You want us to please forgive you for your mistake, and for the big misunderstanding, it was your fault. You accidentally clicked server instead of job, and you deleted the server ban, but it seems it was still placed on the ban list?