In-game misconduct:

CKEY: Dutchylwd

Your Discord:

Offender’s CKEY: Llol111

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant):

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 1 - 28 - 2021

Round Number: 26537

Rules Broken (if relevant): Entirely confused with what happened.

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): 

Incident Description: 

So, long shift goes “okay” until we hear a engineer saying someones killing people up in Atmos. I go to check it out, grav gen goes down. I check everywhere and at that point it is obvious we are dealing with a nightmare. I meet a Engi that almost died paired with a miner borg who also almost died to it. SM ends up going big boom all thanks to the nightmare. Grav gen stays fucked till shuttle is here. I try my best to do my job as SECURITY and chase it down, everywhere i go there are broken APC’s and some dead bodies. I end up in the chapel and very obviously i hear someone breaking yet another APC in the trail i was following. I see a Sonic jackhammer on the floor and use it to get in, who else is busy breaking things 2 minutes before the shuttle in the one place that has any light left? I obviously see it and proceed to kick its ass. Bunch of webs in the door opening so i break just one more wall towards evac. A total of… 3? Walls busted open to catch a nightmare with security gear that destroyed tons of APC’s. Fucked grav gen and made the SM pretty much blow up.

I ahelp something pretty fucked up about what happened after but that gets ignored, then the following happens.

Am i confused here or did i not just do my job? If not, was i supposed to knock on the door and ask the mass murdering nightmare who fucked the station up to let me in? Or was i bwoinked because he was so personally cringed out that i dare break a total of about 3 walls to try and end this nightmare to protect the people in evac? This pretty much just seems like a personal middle finger for literally no reason.

2 Likes

What are you reporting?

If you want to appeal note, appeal the note instead.

I believe it should also be more aimed at a note appeal, don’t really see any misconduct broken here just that he is telling you facts.

There is no note. I don’t get why i got bwoinked by him just to pretty much get a middle finger for actions way deemed normal by anyone with a functioning pair of eyes after reading what was up.

Why am i getting bwoinked with "Hey you aren’t really breaking any rules, but it is kind of stinky to do insert rule breaking thing but which actually isn’t really rule breaking. And then be told “Not gonna give you any /real/ punishment”

Like what the fuck? Can anyone tell me what rule i almost broke in that situation that deemed worthy enough to bwoink me, be called a little bit cringe. A bit of a “stinky” situation and then telling me i am not really being punished?

There are rules right? 99.99% sure i didn’t even come close to breaking one there. Then why am i being bwoinked and talked at like i almost did something punishment worthy? Plenty of people try their best to play within the rules there are in place. All this Admin did was only mock those rules and confuse the shit out of me.

2 Likes

I was informed that you spaced a room while you did this and didn’t fix it. If true, you really should be more careful and the note is deserved, though should be changed to reflect that the spacing is the bad part.

Actual use of the jackhammer is negligible in my opinion. It’s just a tool that you can print. Just make sure to fix the holes you make afterwards and don’t leave breaches to important departments.

While the bwoink is less than stellar here it’s not even close to badmin levels. You really should’ve made a note appeal.

In conclusion: 5/10 Llol111. 4/10 Dutchylwd. You’re both stinky. Go take a shower.

The spaced room part was because the shuttle arrived and i had the nightmare cuffed already. People were breaking evac windows because malf borgs shocked and bolted doors. So i was just accidently spacing the chapel where no one was even close at, only me and the nightmare.

So all in all, i still didn’t really do anything bad at all. Unless i was supposed to fix the wall in a already messy broken place after shuttle arrived. I was never questioned on this part or he never even seemed to take a look i guess?

4 / 10 for me because crew decided to break open evac windows i guess
5 / 10 for admin for overlooking that part and me not causing the breach in the first place /shrug

EDIT: Didn’t know i had a note on this either though. I am just stingy with getting bwoinked because i always try my best to play by the rules, and i hate getting yelled at over stuff i know i didn’t fuck up in the slightest

During evacuation huh, and chapel isn’t an important room for evac. I guess you’re 6/10 then. Officially better than the admin in this case.

Nice. Under this scenario and if you didn’t endanger anyone I honestly don’t see anything wrong with what you did, but you could’ve still handled the bwoink better.

Well i was just confused, i was legit questioning and wondering what i did wrong. And all i got was being told i was cringe, almost breaking a rule while in fact. I didn’t come close to breaking one? And said Admin made a note on me about spacing a room when in fact i never spaced any rooms? The crew did?

So not only was i pointed at being cringe, almost rule breaking as well. He in fact got the note wrong as well because he didn’t notice the big pile of people breaking evac windows trying to get into shuttle.

I feel like if he just mentioned that i spaced rooms, which i did not. I would somewhat understand the bwoink. But i didn’t so i just cannot understand where i went wrong at any of that

2 Likes

There is a take away from this that seems to be at the top of everybody’s head,
I think Llol111 forgot how dreadful bwoinks can be, especially when they are so vague, leaving you wondering if they maybe threw in a neat little hidden note.

However, his choice of words “kinda stinky to go smashing down walls just to valid the antag man” is a giant red flag; nightmare is an antag that runs around destroying apcs (Very annoying to fix, especially with how many nightmares break (chances are they will never get fixed)) and killing countless people, possibly even enough to shut down the station. This is not your ordinary antag, but an antag that causes a lot of destruction; do not coddle nightmares, if a nightmare has been reported on the station, make sure you have an escape route or weapon near by.

If Llol111 bwoinked this guy just to say “bro you killed nightmare cring”, then

is sugar coating it by a lot.

The same Nightmare who made the SM blow up. Cut gen grav and destroyed 10+ APC’s.

But apparently the big issue was that i apparently spaced a room with the jackhammer. When in fact, the crew did when trying to get into the evac shuttle. I never spaced anything. Unless you count the chapel as i made my way to evac as to avoid a bunch of spider webs. Who had 0 people in them aside me and the nightmare.

2 Likes

He didn’t do anything wrong. He was bwoinked and his response was bleh, but the bwoink was worse considering the circumstances and shouldn’t have even happened (the circumstances weren’t immediately obvious from the post, mind you)

what did he expect him to do in that situation though?

Llol? He probably thought jackhammer was making things too cheesy. It’s definitely not something you’d use normally due to the damage it leaves (though like I said you can fix the damage anyway).

But using it to hunt a murderous antag during evac is fine lol

1 Like

even though i think the note should be removed, i’m pretty sure note appeals aren’t really a thing- so this report was the appropriate medium.

llol no offense but it just seems like you didn’t use any discretion here, which would’ve been fine if the rules in place were perfect. but the rules aren’t perfect, i mean what set of rules in history are perfect? it’s why using discretion is common. so i’m not really sure why u didn’t use any here, bc it doesn’t really take much to see that randy didn’t do anything wrong

I’ll be honest, this is kind of a “Not my job” thing. Security did their job, which was chase down a high-danger threat. He did it without explosives and without causing a massive amount of collateral damage outside of what was likely a 1-3 tile spacing, which an engineer/atmos tech can fix in literally a few seconds (as is their job). I know as atmos I’d love to repair a breach like that; simple and satisfying.

These kinds of very minor breaches are, imo, part of why engineering is there, and is a totally acceptable cost to chasing down a high threat like a nightmare. It shouldn’t be his job to fix the hole anyway, he’s security; bag the badguy, then tell engineering over the radio to fix the mess you made.

3 Likes

What are you saying? Unless antag is round ending the collateral damage should be 0 or close to 0. There was literally 1 door between nightmare and player, he could even ask AI to open it.

Still, this resulted in a note (which player is fine with if he didn’t appeal it) and the report is literally about llol saying “this is stinky”.
You can argue it’s part of the job, game etc. but there was no conduct breach.

2 Likes

Oh no I’m not arguing that there was a conduct breach at all, I was just commenting when I play engineering/atmos I’d welcome that kind of damage and don’t see an issue with security causing minor damage like that to take down a threat.

from what it sounds like the guy literally blew up the sm and turned off gravity for the majority of the round, and may have directly killed several people. Busting a wall or 2 is totally valid here, especially at the end of the round, and doesn’t deserve a note. Personally I think a full blown report for this is way too extreme but at the same time, bwoinking someone for accidentally de-airing chapel at the end of the round to kill someone who forced a shuttle call, literally destroyed the SM, turned off the gravity and most of the power, and killed several people, because “you killed him bc he was valid” is kinda funky

1 Like

I am confused. Making false notes without doing their actual job, looking into what actually happened and then without saying anything. They make a note about something they first of all got entirely wrong. And secondly never questioned me about in the first place?

What kind of Admin bwoinks someone, calls a player cringe and the situation stinky and then proceeds to quietly note me about something they never mentioned in the bwoink that wasn’t my fault in the first place?

I swear sometimes staff just wants to find a reason to make the player the bad person. You have a fucking nightmare that as i just stated 50 times did horrible shit. And STILL you insist i instead ask the AI to open the door as the same nightmare is about to break the last APC in a room with light?

But i guess you can ignore any points made so far and downplay it to “this is stinky”

4 Likes

So is there a note or not?

It’s a bit common for people in the power to overdo the policy enforcement. It is a good thing to stop unnecessary validhunting but overreacting like that to someone smashing one wall to get the antag (mind you he caused a lot of damage to station integrity) is causing more harm than good. Antags don’t need over the top handholding and admin protection.
The whole stinky and cringe thing is a bit of the bruh moment and is unprofessional but it’s not like admemes are getting paid for their work.

2 Likes