CKEY: doktorwueue

Your Discord: currently not avaible

Offender’s CKEY: unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: lia bringh

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 06.04.2023

Round Number: 44333

Rules Broken: SOP for security, rule 7?

Incident Description: Lia bringh on green alert ( it was never raised until 1.39 hours intot he round) had a lasergun ( the one with onyl lethal option) and used it to hunt down the ghost which is a break of security SOP (4, 1. Security Officers are permitted to carry any non-lethal weaponry. )
The situation later thats ococured in medbay, then departures… lia bringh spots aaron martin and ask him why he has a sec belkt. aaron says she shoudl midn her own buisness and procceds to leave towards deaprtures ( rad station) lia then prepares and throws a flashbang towards aaron , aaron shoots a disablign round from a ptsd he stole from the cmo locker promting lia to instantly get the las gun tu and lethal aaron and a fire figth ensues. Lia kept the las gun for the entire rest of the round and used it mutliple times

Additional Information:

1 Like

it was never raised

It was raised previously to deal with a traitor detective who, with the use of a holoparasite killed a crewmember.

which is a break of security SOP

The ghost is not restrainable, the station comms were sabotaged by it, the armory was left open and the HoS had no interest in managing the brig at all. I took a laser gun to kill the ghost which was consequently sabotaging department after department. I believed that it was reponsible for the SM delam.

The SOP is not an absolute, and can be broken with reasonable cause by station personnel. It is expected to be enforced by heads of staff, where HoS was nearly invisible during most of the round.

1. Follow Space Law and the Standard Operating Procedure.
  • Heads of Staff are expected to enforce SOP within their department.
  • Good roleplay (emphasis on good) can be used to justify violating SOP or Space Law to an extent, but may still have IC consequences.

Extract from Rules - BeeStation Wiki
Again, I decided to arm myself because of reasons stated above. I have not completely removed my ability to apprehend nonlethally, leaving my secbelt. I did not anticipate being shot at with a gun.

disabling round

Extract from https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Space_Law

Armed and Dangerous - if a suspect is in possession of weapons, including stun weapons, and you have reasonable suspicion that they will use these against you, lethal force is permitted. Although in the majority of cases it is still preferable to attempt to detain them non-lethally.

I to lethal gun only after he revelaed to have a disabler and shot it at me. He could have easily ran away from the engagement – a sec belt has pepper gas and flashbangs (felinid) to break engagements, but remained in departures to continue the fight. I ceased fire after he was in crit and took him to brig to be healed and brigged.

Lia kept the las gun for the entire rest of the round and used it mutliple times

The brig was damaged, with sec office being inaccessible due to ghost sabotage. I kept using the laser because that’s what I had on me, and I did not use it against Space Law obeying rules for engagement.
For context on this, brig was broken open by a prisoner and repeatedly EMPed by the ghost who helped Aaron escape. Most of the time later was spent on repeatedly fighting and brigging Aaron, who was aided by the ghost in continuing escape attempts and had a cuff removing implant and an injector with stunproofing chems.

After command finally got hold of the situation, the alert was raised to blue.

I probably have to add my perspective since I was the captain during the round.

Yes, I did raised the code from green to blue, even asking for code red after asking to other commanding staffs. But, as soon as I hear that the security officer, the acting HoS, said that the holoparasite user has died due to the carp pet on HoS office and the beepsky (Bless them) I lowered the code to green.
It was remained code green throughout the shift, until I begin to see multiple dozens of Explodes-said named lizard all over the place, and the revenant, which I did in fact, helped them out to get some dead bodies to acquire the information they know.
That was the moment when I raised the code back to blue, which never gone down afterwords.

CMO locker, I did saw when I was about to feed the revenant, down in the medical maints which was opened wide. That was when the code green was still in effect, however. I was a bit late to raise it up to blue.
I’m quite sure AFTER I raise the code up to blue, however, met Aaron, who was also a Explodes lizard, who was carrying some few guns with’em, so I entered down to the combat to stop the situation and ask what the hell is going on (because EVERYONE, including security and HoS, was Explodes, and I was confused who is who exactly). However, when I realized Aaron took MY PTSD as well when I was slipped down, I also chased him after to get my PTSD back. This is when Aaron dies, due to my sabre’s slash.

This part, I can’t say I have witnessed it, because I was in the negotiation with the Explodes in the conference room. But I do remember that the code remained blue and so on, keeping the peoples in alert. I did not intend to lower to code green due to the fact the station’s already in chaos, and RD was also missing.

These parts, were not been witnessed by me, nor been informed properly, unfortunately, so I don’t have much thing I can add on this report. I wasn’t aware the revenant was continuously EMPing the brig. Probably due to the tcomms repeatingly getting EMPed as well.

the situation with your sabre and ptsd and the entire expldoes her lots happend after the initial fonfrontration in medbay/departures.

A chaotic round, that was aggravated by a HOS who was in way over his head, and a ling abusing the hell out of the transformation sting.

Overall, I found this security officer to not have acted out of line. Yes, they took matters into their own hands and pushed the boundaries set by SOP. However, they did this with good cause, and without any ill-intent.

I will only remark for anybody reading this and @Tapczan that this is a dangerous game, where it’s easy to commit a grievous mistake or to crash RP due to a misunderstanding. It is okay to let shit hit the fan for the sake of RP at times.

Report Rejected