Lets talk about the bee wiki

Honestly people will be against tokens but imo it would get so much work done with that motivation.

they do it for free :rofl:

Hi.

5 Likes

Get back to mopping and giving me antag

I only edit the wiki if I see something I know is wrong. If I don’t see it its probably not important.

2 Likes

To be fair it’s up to the coders writing PRs to make wiki changes, not the maints I don’t think.

I think there should be a perma-stickied thread or a channel on discord (oh god yet another) dedicated to reporting wiki issues.

2 Likes

It is a God given duty to fix any wiki stupidity you come across (Or at least mark it for revision)

8 Likes

cringe Cato made a long ass thread on wiki maintainers, just say GUYD WE NEED PEOPPE MAINTAOM WIKI

3 Likes

the wiki also had(and probably still has) the wrong rules on some pages, leading to some really “fun” conflict between a player with the wiki open and a n admin. Saw this happen once when the wizard page used to suggest people play a friendly antag

2 Likes

This is why i do not tell people, as a mentor, to use the wiki for basically anything. I suggest Mhelping and Ahelping is always better.

2 Likes

Wiki is a crutch for people who can’t read code comments

4 Likes

Code comments are a crutch for people who can’t read code

3 Likes

I remember for a PR I had to remove comments I left smh

5 Likes

Code is a crutch for people who can’t read bytecode

4 Likes

Bytecode is just a crutch for people who can’t try literally every combination of actions until they figure it out.

2 Likes

what if i cant read wiki

2 Likes

This happens, arguably not as much as it should.

I also periodically will ask admemes to put me in thunderdome and give me items I think may be due for wiki updates(last I did this was Uplink Items as many had separate costs, and a few weren’t even listed there).

Bytecode is a crutch for people who can’t use their imagination to enjoy funny spaceman daydream.

I think at least having a discord channel or two for wiki stuff is important.
As I see it: Optional Role similar to code/sprite/map/etc.

1. Channel reading out any updates to pages
  2. A filtered channel for pages being flagged as revision needed, etc.
  3. A channel for discussion/reporting pages.

Additionally I need to eventually figure out how to make a new page on the wiki cause I am doing some stuff eventually.

2 Likes

cough cough cough

Just type in whatever link you want to make and hit the make page button

4 Likes

That’s what mentors are for.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.