Let's say I'm coding an emag nerf, vote on would you want it to be

Main issue is that the emag completely ignores protected wiring on the airlocks.

4 Likes

That’s a whole another topic.

WilsonPH try not to make the game worse challenge (Impossible)

10 Likes

ai player

opinion invalidated

1 Like

Ah yes the classic “remove stuff” is better decision. The more stuff get nerfed here and there the more things really uninteresting. Maybe code something that is new and not change what makes the thing unique?

I am not being rude, just hate the decision of everytime things out of control nerfing would be the first solution. This is a sign of laziness and uninspiring decision.

6 Likes

Why don’t you try?

because it is hard

2 Likes

I am not the one doing this thread to nerf more stuff. Nerfing over time made this game as bland as food without seasoning.

7 Likes

Tbh not like you’re playing either :person_shrugging:

I am right now and going to make things fun :slight_smile:

Whoever told you to put this here unironically, should be slapped.

Just because the stupid kid(TG) has homework, doesn’t mean we should copy it

11 Likes

Feel free to link us your github account, donor status, or mentor status exhibiting how much you have contributed here.

I’m sure you have tons of PRs that have benefited us… right?

1 Like

Repeating what I said on the discord

I find that what balances out the emag’s door hacking here is the fact that it leaves behind very obvious signs of emagging, and unless the tot is super careful, you can use a forensic scanner around the room and use the prints to find out who broke in, or at the very least use the fibers to narrow down suspects

To be honest your sights should be set on this lmao

And as I said I’m not touching that, I’m mainly trying to adress it breaking open any and all airlocks at a single touch unless they’re bolted/depowered.

1 Like

I don’t even see removal as an option in the poll.

I do think the complaints about emag being too strong are kinda overblown though. It is hella useful and strong, but it’s not game-breaking or overpowered. Requiring that wires be exposed is a pretty minor compromise and makes sense without taking much away from the item.

I’d really like if, for doors specifically, it didn’t bolt them open but instead removed access checks from the door. That seems like a fair trade for requiring high security doors to be very slowly accessed.

7 Likes

Damn, should’ve put that as an option. Well, if you manage to scroll this far, as a vote, like this to vote for ‘emag now permanently sets the door to emergency access instead of bolting it open’.
Buuut tbh that’ would be a buff unless implemented without a downside, like a progress bar.
I’d argue that emergency access airlocks are far less suspicious than permanently opened ones, especially if it turns the emergency access lights off.

2 Likes

Nerfing strong things makes weaker things strong in comparision again, thus making the meta more fun and interesting

3 Likes

I hope you never criticize TV shows without making TV shows, or movies without making movies.

2 Likes

You also don’t get to say ‘oh woe is me all the coders are lazy and are only making bad changes but I can’t make any’ when the codebase is open source and you are free to revert them and make your own buffs.

2 Likes